Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swill

What medication would you guys recommend please?

Hey, am new to this part of the site - and would just like your opinions on what medication would be best for me.

I am 21, have very mild acne. It only comes on my upeer cheeks, and occasionally a few spots on my forehead. However the upper cheeks are the main problem.

I'll admit, sometimes I am clear. In fact, before the last few weeks, I would say I was clear half of the time. But recently my skins got a lot worse and I was considering going to the docs to try some tablets. I get mainly whiteheads. And as I say, they are only mild.

Do you think oral prescribed medication would help? I'm currently on Dans regimen (it worked for a about a year and until recently), but if you could let me know your expecriences with prescription drugs for mild acne please. What worked best, what would be best for me?

I want oral and not topical so I can continue with the regimen as I do have faith in it.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you :)

Hey, am new to this part of the site - and would just like your opinions on what medication would be best for me.

I am 21, have very mild acne. It only comes on my upeer cheeks, and occasionally a few spots on my forehead. However the upper cheeks are the main problem.

I'll admit, sometimes I am clear. In fact, before the last few weeks, I would say I was clear half of the time. But recently my skins got a lot worse and I was considering going to the docs to try some tablets. I get mainly whiteheads. And as I say, they are only mild.

Do you think oral prescribed medication would help? I'm currently on Dans regimen (it worked for a about a year and until recently), but if you could let me know your expecriences with prescription drugs for mild acne please. What worked best, what would be best for me?

I want oral and not topical so I can continue with the regimen as I do have faith in it.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you :)

tetracycline was the most successful antib for me a few years back. Other antib's that I have tried, and there have been a lot did very little. Give it a go I think for mild acne it would be just the ticket for you, maybe a 4 month course or something. There are no side effects, just avoid taking it on full stomach or with food and espcecially avoid dairy an hour before and after taking it.

Another good tip that might work for you. Low carb, high protien diet, might help some. good luck

So the doc put me on Oxytetracyline. Obviously that must be a member of the tetracyline family, so all is good :) Anyone else used this? What can I expect? No initial breakout I hope? she didn't mention it... (Although worryingly after I described the problem I saw her type 'acne' into her computer before telling me what I needed.. made me think that maybe i could be a doctor.!)