Find results in...
Donkey143

Bare Minerals vs. Everyday Minerals

Which one is better?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Bare Minerals
    • Everyday Minerals
    • I use another mineral makeup(please specify)
    • I haven't tried neither one of them

Which one is better? I've heard awesome and bad reviews for both.. but Im not sure which one to buy. I dont wanna end up wasting my money on something that's crap. :( i was gonna go to Ulta today to buy a Bare Minerals kit, but Im not sure if I should or shouldn't buy it since I heard that Everyday Minerals is better.. what do you think?

:confused::confused:

***EDIT*** I just got Bare Minerals today and I love it! You can still vote tho..

never used everyday minerals, but i really like bare minerals. the only problem i had was figuring out which color to use. i usually use liquid foundations and use something on the light side, but i found that because this isnt completely opaque i could use something a little darker in bare minerals. anyway, i like it a lot:)

I love bare minerals. I've never tried everyday minerals. I have 3 different shades of bare minerals because I need to combine them depending on how tan/not tan I am. It's the best makeup I've ever used.

Both are good, I like Everyday Minerals the most because it's very very natural, and it really feels like I'm not wearing anything

I have been using Bare Minerals for over a year now (still using the SAME first box I bought, so you can see how long it lasts!) and I LOVE it. I have lots of redness/scarring (and some active acne).

Bare Minerals really covers everythign SO WELL, with no "cakey" look. The color is perfect and adds a glow to your skin and makes it feel soft. I've never broken out because of it and I have slept in it with no adverse effects. :)

I love Bare Minerals too. I have never tried Everyday minerals, so I cant compare the two either. But, I love Bare Minerals.

I went to Ulta to buy Bare Esentuals (i.e. Bare Minerals) and the price for one foundation powder and one other mineral powder was about $25-$30 each, not including the kabuki brush about $27, then i went online to the bare esentuals website and it was about $60 for 2 foundations, 1 mineral powder, 1 blush/bronzer, 1 kabuki brush and a free gift.

just fyi, so you guys don't spend an arm and a leg on makeup when there are much better options.

:D

Bare Minerals can be expensive. I bought the starter kit like the one mentioned above. The starter kit contains smaller tubs of minerals...that's why it's not as expensive as buying them separately. They seem to last pretty long although they are smaller containers...and I use alot of that stuff so I guess it works out in the end.

I also looked up sheer-cover minerals and their make-up tools. They seem alot cheaper than BM, so maybe that would be a better financial option.

I've tried several different samples of mineral foundations (including BE and EM). I really like Alima's Satin Matte Foundation the best, although it is a little expensive ($18), but it lasts FOREVER.

I liked Bare Minerals, but my biggest pet peeve about it was how oily it made me look after a little while. Other than that, I liked the coverage and I liked the feel. I ordered samples of EM, and I'm very excited about trying it out. I should get it in the next day or so.

I use aveeno daily moisturizer and YOUNGBLOOD mineral makeup from my aesthetician. Bare Minerals did make my face look oily as well, it sucked.

I got my samples yesterday! Yay! I have decided that I like the EM makeup better than BE, for a couple of reasons. BE gave my skin a pearlescent finish (I think some others have complained about something similar), which I did not like at all because I felt it drew attention to my scars. It also made my skin very oily after only a short time with it on. I put on EM for the first time this morning before work and the coverage was just as good as BE, but without the pearlescent finish and I didn't look oily. I really want to order the finishing powder now because everyone seems to rave about its oil controlling properties. I will definitely be ordering full-size jars soon. Very good makeup...I'm very pleased. This is the 3rd brand of MMU I've tried, and the best one so far.

I too tried bare minerals. Unfortunately the day I tried it was for a funeral and it just so happened to be about 95 degrees that day. I felt really oily but I'm not sure if that was from the make up or the heat probably both. I also ordered the sample kit of Everyday Mnerals, I figure it doesn't hurt to try both. My only problem is that I try not to wear make up to often and I hate spending so much money on things I barely use.

hi guys, I'm gona order and try out EM. I've got no foundation to makeup/coverage on acne. So i'm wondering if EM does cover up acne scar and red marks WELL? I'll try it but it makes me feel better to hear from someone benefited from it :D thanks alot

I don't use either - I use Philosophy Airbrushed Canvas Mineral wear. LOVE IT!

I liked Bare Minerals, but my biggest pet peeve about it was how oily it made me look after a little while. Other than that, I liked the coverage and I liked the feel. I ordered samples of EM, and I'm very excited about trying it out. I should get it in the next day or so.

I would definitly go with Everyday Minerals. First off they offer more shades in different finishes depending on what you want. Not only that but they also offer a free sample kit. Its just shipping which is 3 bucks. In it you get 3 samples of foundation, 1 concealer, and 1 blush. You can order it as many times as you want until you find the shade you want. Also Everyday Minerals doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride. This is the stuff that can make people break out and get all irritated. Plus Everyday Minerals is cheaper.

I think you're safer with Everyday Minerals, since some people breakout/skin irritation from something in BareMinerals ( forgot the name, starts with a B ) , anyway, if you don't feel your skin being itchy or burning, I think you're fine :D . Been using BareMinerals myself, they have soo many eye shadow colors, and the heavenly brush is my favorite !

Greatly prefer EM. I didn't have a bad reaction to BE, but the color was too pink, the coverage was too sheet, and it slipped all over my face within an hour. Plus the prices are horrid. EM suits me far better. Better coverage, a color that actually matches, and prices that are very reasonable.

hi guys, I'm gona order and try out EM. I've got no foundation to makeup/coverage on acne. So i'm wondering if EM does cover up acne scar and red marks WELL? I'll try it but it makes me feel better to hear from someone benefited from it :D thanks alot

Yes it does cover well. What I do is apply the multi tasking concealer all over my face, I mix the light medium in semi matte with the beige fairly light (I used original glow but I like the coverage of the intensive better) or I just apply the beige fairly light depending on my mood, I then apply the natural reflections finishing powder, I apply the apple blush and Im finished

A lot of people here have broken out from Bare Escentuals because of the ingredient bysmuth oxychloride which is a skin irritant