Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
precision response

Is applying Rosehip Oil topically whilst on Accutane safe?

Just want to be extra safe and check with some of the experts on this board.

The only thing which is suggesting to me that it MIGHT NOT be safe is that I read in a magazine that:

Recent research indicates the presence of retinoic acid in rosehip oil.

...and retinoic acid is some relative of Vitamin A isn't it?

Thanks for any clarification!

Dont know the answer to your actual question, but from memory I think Rosehip oil is comedgenic (sp?). Therefore if you have active acne I wouldn't use it. I think people suggest it for acne scars but only once you have no active acne.

Dont know the answer to your actual question, but from memory I think Rosehip oil is comedgenic (sp?). Therefore if you have active acne I wouldn't use it. I think people suggest it for acne scars but only once you have no active acne.

Okay then.

Could someone reccommend a good evening moisturizer for me whilst on Accutane then?

I was thinking perhaps just pure Jojoba oil.

TIA!

Jojoba oil is a better choice as its supposed to be non-comodgenic (sorry still not sure how to spell it!!). Its hard to get the usage right though - you shouldn't use more than a couple of drops because your face may feel too greasy. At the same time its hard to get a couple of drops to spread over your entire face. I tried adding a couple of drops to aloe vera gel and that worked OK. But my face is now really beginning to dry out on Accutane so I am replacing jojoba oil with emu oil which is heavier. So far so good, but only started with this regime yesterday!!