Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I feel as though i have tried every single product and regime going, and nothing seems to work. the things that do work, only work short term, which is worse because thats extra wasted time. Im at a point were i simply dont know what else to do. Im certain nothing else i try will work, and i just want to give up. its just an endless struggle. im 22 years old, and i really do think i will be stuck with acne for the rest of my life. I honestly cannot see a day where i will be free from acne. and thats something i dont think i will ever be able to accept. Im 99.9% sure my acne is still due to hormones, even though im 22, and there is no help for guys with hormone problems, which i think is really unfair.

is there anyone else here who thinks they suffer from hormonal acne as an adult? id like to here.

Well I am 20. And I am think allmost same like you.... Tired to give money for med/products etc... Dunno what else to do?.... -_-

yes, that is me exactly. my acne began when i was about 22. i actually believe it began after when i greedily began using proactiv on my tiny acne bumps and then i broke out after it stopped working for me. i am 26 now and have only been clear about 3 times since then for a total of about 3-5 months. i honestly dont worry too much about my acne but nowadays it is kind of bugging me with its persistence and i worry about scarring. i have never scarred before because i heal so quickly. it's time to seek professional help again for these red marks and leftover acne

I believe its time for a diet change. If its not working from the outside, prevent the acne happening from the inside.

Diet doesn't always work....just a FYI. For every person that said it did, you'll have another say that it didn't. It didn't work for me.

I'm 22, yasin, and I still have it. I could still possibly grow out of it (though I'm pretty sure I have mild rosacea, and I'll still have to deal with that even if the acne goes away)....but there's nothing I haven't tried. So now I'm just using a topical to control it. It keeps it in check, and that will have to be enough.

Well, oxide got that right. You have to treat acne from inside out. I'm sure by now you have noticed that outside in treatments are pretty much useless long term.

Acne is actually one of the reflections of the condition your overall health. Depending on genetical predispositon other people may not get acne under the same conditions. They may gain weight, have yeast infections, have constant headaches etc.

Eventhough diet is probably the biggest culprit, mere change in diet may not be enough to cure acne. You actually have to reverse the damage unhealthy diet and chemical pollution have done to your body.

Besides diet there are also other things polluting your body. Here are some:

http://www.newstarget.com/008511.html

Diet change won't do you much good, until you actually eliminate the root cause of acne.

Here's a thread were we discussed how diet affects acne:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=96907

Hope this helps.

that first link was quite scary actually. i have mercury fillings myself :think: and if those are all the things that are contributing towards my acne, then its hopeless. i was actually thinking about moving to America in the future, but when i think about it, America is probably the most hazardous country in the world, in terms of pollution, terrible diet, etc. im sure if i ever moved there my acne would increase by 10 folds (if these are the causes/contributors to my acne). Ive been to many different countries, and its completely true that the more westernised a country is, the higher the rate of acne.

my plan is to move to a country with a less (and some may not like this statement) 'Americanised' lifestyle.

To regulate hormonal change, I suggest taking fish oil, flaxseed oil, and evening primrose oil for a few months. I took me about 1 year to get the hormone back to normal. To treat the acne burst out in the meantime, Eurocin cured my acne and the Ordicine scar remove is helping with my red marks.

Well, oxide got that right. You have to treat acne from inside out. I'm sure by now you have noticed that outside in treatments are pretty much useless long term.

Acne is actually one of the reflections of the condition your overall health. Depending on genetical predispositon other people may not get acne under the same conditions. They may gain weight, have yeast infections, have constant headaches etc.

Eventhough diet is probably the biggest culprit, mere change in diet may not be enough to cure acne. You actually have to reverse the damage unhealthy diet and chemical pollution have done to your body.

Diet change won't do you much good, until you actually eliminate the root cause of acne.

Hope this helps.

Im sick of hearing all of this "heathly is the way ", it's not. I weightlift daily, and run 3 miles 5 days of the week. I eat a very balanced diet ( no soft drinks, no sugars ) and I still have suffered from acne since I was 18.

read my thread - it's in my sig, or find it around here in the General forum. it's the one with a lot of post. "A new light for all of us"

it will help you

Hope this helps.

Im sick of hearing all of this "heathly is the way ", it's not. I weightlift daily, and run 3 miles 5 days of the week. I eat a very balanced diet ( no soft drinks, no sugars ) and I still have suffered from acne since I was 18.

For you. There are many people, like myself, where diet has made a huge impact. I'll let you in on something...everyone is different. Just because you think healthy is the way for you doesn't mean it isn't the way for someone else :wall: