Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it ok to use Differin along with dan's bp? Do you need to use one first and then the other since I thought it might help. Also does Differin help red marks or only aha helps with it?

Is it ok to use Differin along with dan's bp? Do you need to use one first and then the other since I thought it might help. Also does Differin help red marks or only aha helps with it?

I don't imagine using Dan's bp with Differin would be bad...as long as you use the bp during the day and the differin at night. I use differin and night and duac during the day and duac contains bp. And I'm not sure if differin helps with red marks, but i use hydroquinone to fade my red marks with the differin at night because supposedly the differin helps the hydroquinone penetrate the skin more. I read that it's not good to use AHA with the Differin though.

Just for the record, I'm on a total mission to figure out why my skin is so insanely oily. I'm in my mid 30's and it's been that way for probably 15 years. I'm so sick of it. I've never seen anyone w/ this much oil. I just re-registered w/ this site which has always been really helpful and am determined to figure it out.

Anyway, I too heard that Differin was seemingly the only vitamin A derivative that didn't get nullified when using benzoyl peroxide at the same time. I've been using them at the same time at night, first I put on Differin, then Dan's bp gel on top of it. Been doing that for probably more than a year.

I can never seem to let bp go. It seems to be a necessary part of whatever I do. I didn't like putting bp on during the day since I thought it was making my face really sensitive when I sweated, via exercise or otherwise. But I'm alwayd trying so many different things (soaps, moisturizers, "oil absorbers," etc.) that determining cause and effect is almost impossible. Though, I don't have that sensitive sweating thingy at present and I don't put any bp on during the day. Who knows. That sweating thing was brutal, make my forehead especially super red and spotty, was a trip. Glad that's gone.

Also, I just put differin and bp at the same time from my beard line up. My neck always seemed uber sensitive to differin (same w/ retin-A, retin-A micro, Tazorac gel, cream, etc. which I've used in the past as well).

I don't know about differin helping w/ red spots? All this stuff, differin, bp, seem to make your face somewhat red (at least mine). My chin and cheeks are overly red and that's why I'm experimenting w/ just bp on my lower face. Doesn't seem to be any less red.

Oh well, sorry to write so much. I sincerely wish you good luck. If you can handle bp during the day, then use differin at night and bp during the day. If you can't, then I'd say use them both at night. It seemed to work okay. My pores are still extremely clogged, but, my oil is incredible so it's no wonder. I need to choke that off somehow.

I'm now experimenting w/ www.thevitamincure.com which arrived today. (I'm also on 10g of b5 which hasn't done jack shit for oil (been taking it for nearly 5 months), but seems to be helping w/ zits in general. For the last 3 months been using b5complete w/ zinc, etc. at www.acnemiracle.com. My main problem is incredible oil and really clogged pores and blackheads, stuff which Differin and b5 should take care of, but they aren't for me.

Had to get that out of my system. Good Luck again!

(edit: Oh, I've also tried bp first then Differin on top. I thought maybe it would be best to have Differin first since it's supposed to help unclog the pores and let the bp try to follow it in the pore, but I don't know if it makes any difference. My pores are so clogged that I don't think anything can penetrate. I think glycolic acid might be helping w/ the pore clogging, however, slightly. I've tried everything under the son. And straight up glycolic acid lotions, etc. seem to make me way too red. So know i use a glycolic acid cleanser, and it seems to not be too irritating. I'm currently using: http://www.mdformulations.com/shopping/pro...4&iProductID=16 It's probably my favorite all time cleanser, though that will probably undoubtedly change in a month or so. =()