Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnsungAcneHero

Eucerine Dry Skin question

Hi,

Last week, I picked up some Eucerine Skin Renewal SPF 15 Day Lotion at my local ULTA store. I've been on the regimen since Mar 5. A few days ago, my skin started getting really dry, almost looking like I am peeling from sunburn. It usually appears after I was my face and it dries. When I put on the BP gel, the flakes disappear a little and when I use the the moisturizer, I need to use quite a bit to get my skin smooth and soft.

Question is, am I using this lotion correctly? Is it something I need to ease into like the BP gel back when I started the regimen? Am I supposed to be flaky after my face dries from washing? So many questions, so much to think about.

Anyone? Any ideas?

Thanks!

make sure that stuff's meant for your face and not just your body. i use a eucerin moisturizer called eucerin dry skin w/ 5% urea and a relatively small amount gets rid of my flakes. i know what you mean about the flakes going away right after you apply bp, that happens to me too and my skin looks flawless for the 15 minutes between the time i apply bp and the time i apply moisturizer, then it looks like crap again. sucks. someone needs to find a way to make a benzoyl peroxide that somehow doesn't dry your skin out so insanely intense like dan's does.

If you've only just started the regimen then being constantly flaky is totally normal, I know I was! Just use the moisturiser whenever you have to until you're skin started getting more used to BP and the flaking subsides. Also it was the for the face you got wasn't it? :)

Actaully re-reading your post I see the moisturiser youre referring to has an SPF 15, the eucerin that most of the UK'ers use dose'nt have an SPF so maybe its a different one

make sure that stuff's meant for your face and not just your body. i use a eucerin moisturizer called eucerin dry skin w/ 5% urea and a relatively small amount gets rid of my flakes. i know what you mean about the flakes going away right after you apply bp, that happens to me too and my skin looks flawless for the 15 minutes between the time i apply bp and the time i apply moisturizer, then it looks like crap again. sucks. someone needs to find a way to make a benzoyl peroxide that somehow doesn't dry your skin out so insanely intense like dan's does.

Yeah, it's the one for my face. Looks exactly like the picture. I wasnt so flaky until I switched moisturizers.

If you've only just started the regimen then being constantly flaky is totally normal, I know I was! Just use the moisturiser whenever you have to until you're skin started getting more used to BP and the flaking subsides. Also it was the for the face you got wasn't it? :)

Actaully re-reading your post I see the moisturiser youre referring to has an SPF 15, the eucerin that most of the UK'ers use dose'nt have an SPF so maybe its a different one

I did get the one for my face, in the little pump style bottle. I just read the label on it and it says: Eucerin Skin Renewal SPF 15 Day Lotion. Looks exactly like the pic on the site. I think I wrote the wrong name in my original post :wall: I started over 2 months ago, but I was using Cetaphil SPF 15 moisturizer and I wasnt as flaky- I switched because the Cetaphil moisturizer made my face red all the time. I decided to try the Eucerin since so many people speak highly of it. So how long will the flakiness last? I'll be on the 3 month mark on the 5th of June.

If you've been on it about 2 months the dryness is normally improved by now. Maybe its your cleansing bar that is drying you out, some people find bars more drying than liquids.

Also if you feel you need to moisturise more then twice a day then just apply it whenever you think its necessary, and don't be afriad to use lots of it! :)