Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i use a mask of Aztec Secret bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar about every other day... is this enough exfoliation?

i've tried salt scrubs and brushes before, but they seemed to irritate my skin more than anything. i'm sure they're beneficial, but they seem to aggravate active spots.

what do you guys like to use for exfoliation?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I use a clay mask like Queen Helens 5-7 times a week (spot treating), it works for me fine.

Exfoliation is sketchy business... Retin-A and Glycolic acid make your skin red and super sensitive to any sun exposure, pads and scrubs irritate the hell out of skin, and brushing has to be done correct or there's possible bad irritation too...

haha so basically we`re both lost!

one thing ive found, and i think i tried it a couple times, was washing with oatmeal... or maybe it was wheat germ... or both. either way i found this to be gentle.

what do you guys think? what about sugar scrubs?

I'm having good results with the QH masque, it's by far by favorite topical.

Hi, last time I exfoliate with baking soda but later on the therapist told me that I have a baby skin texture, so I stop the exfoliation process immediately.

Just to say that if you have skin texture like me, please do not exfoliate too much

ive been using the QH mint julet mask(2x a week and to spot treat)... LOVE IT ... works great to unplug stuff in my pores ... i always remove it in the shower with real hott water n a washcloth...face ends up smooth~! gotta say its great

and as my everyday cleanser i use md formulations glycolic cleanser on my 2x a day :) dont really have a problem with sun sensitivity ...then again my makeup contains spf

i use a mask of Aztec Secret bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar about every other day... is this enough exfoliation?

i've tried salt scrubs and brushes before, but they seemed to irritate my skin more than anything. i'm sure they're beneficial, but they seem to aggravate active spots.

what do you guys like to use for exfoliation?

A toothbrush,

I use this on my facial skin, i dont exfoliate my neck area though, using a toothbrush to exfoliate my facial skin has proved beneficial for my dry skin, as now when i wash i dont get so much dry skin at all, and i've only done it twice, but now i find my skin slightly oily, so a no win situation really, but i think i can live with the slightly oily skin, its better than having really tight flaky dry skin everytime ya wash your face,

I exfoliate once a day, but i think i'm gonna move that to once every 3 days or once every week.