Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, this is a thread for people to post tips and past experiences with the Clear Skin Regimen that they think will beneficial to others.

I will start:

When applying the Dan's CSR gel, be sure to always do the area really close to your lips (specifically on both corners). It is okay if some gel even gets on your lips themselves as long as you cover all the skin around the mouth. I had never consciously made sure I covered these spots before and I recently broke out all around my mouth.

do not stray from the Regimen during the first 3 months of use.

It only confuses your results.

That's the best advice I can give, and the most common problem I see.

1. Try using a seperate towel for drying your face off. This helps ensure you aren't getting anything else on the towel.

2. The wait time inbetween is much more of a guideline. Just make sure the products are dry before going to the next step. When I am in a rush, I screw the time limit and just go through it one after another =P

3. Be gentle, but you need not go overboard. I spend only a few minutes for each application step. I feel the most important thing is to apply it thoroughly and to not just slap it on so most of it dries on top. However, do take your time with it and don't rush it when you don't have to.

4. Don't fret too much about little things you're doing unless you have a strong suspescion that it really is causing a problem. i.e if you touch your face sometimes, don't go ballistic on how it might cause you new pimples. Something so small probably won't.

5. Stick to the regimen as outlined and listen to your skin on what works. SEARCH the forums for advice and people who have had similar problems.

6. Relax =D

heres a real tip that only applies to ppl who are over the first month. Use a non medicated exfoliator scrub ONCE a week. this obviously gets rid of the buildup cetaphil or the gentle wash u are using doesnt.

ALSO, only do this when you have NO ACTIVE acne, which means u only have red marks, otherwise u dont want to scrub cos u could make holes in ur face.

ive done this once a week and it makes the improvement faster.

1. Try using a seperate towel for drying your face off. This helps ensure you aren't getting anything else on the towel.

An even better option I do myself is using washcloths to dry my face. They're great for one time use and you know they're perfectly clean. And all together it takes much less space in the washing machine. Normally I would replace my towel I only used for my face within 5 days at most.

2: Really make a barrier for yourself where to apply your BP and not any further, every single time. I do this and actually still started to break out a little on my neck which was completely clear before my new BP regimen.

yea the towel thing is true i got a separate towel for face

erm white pillow cases: they look cool anyway, and also u dont fade them wen ur face is on them with bp at night.

heh i don't change mine for like 2-3 weeks. i just flip sides when i've been using it for a week, then flip it to the inside for a few days and so forth =D

when you are not outside/in school/college/work but at home wash all the sweat off ur face-for example on weekneds when im at home i use my regimen in the morning then at around 3pm i wash everything off so you let your face skin breath))then apply everything again in the evening.

heres a real tip that only applies to ppl who are over the first month. Use a non medicated exfoliator scrub ONCE a week. this obviously gets rid of the buildup cetaphil or the gentle wash u are using doesnt.

ALSO, only do this when you have NO ACTIVE acne, which means u only have red marks, otherwise u dont want to scrub cos u could make holes in ur face.

ive done this once a week and it makes the improvement faster.

has anyone else had success with exfoliating like this? if so what scrub did you use. i have been on the regimen for a few months and this seems like a possible option for me.