Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thedamagedone

New and looking for some advice...

I just registed with acne.org so I apologize if this has been discussed many times but I would really appreciate some help nonetheless. The other day I applied a good-sized amount of benzoyl peroxide (2.5%)to a rather large pimple on my face and when I woke up the following morning, I realized that I made a huge mistake - I think I must have an allergy to BP because my face was completely burned where I applied the BP. I don't mean that it was red (as can sometimes happen with BP) rather, there was literally a hole in my face with many layers of skin burned off - (I would have much preferred just having the stupid pimple!)

It is incredibly painful, not to mention completely hideous looking and I am desperate to know how I can make it heal. I have tried applying aloe vera and polysporin but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I thought I would seek out some advice from anyone who has experienced anything similar to this. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Note: I'm not just some jackass who only has one pimple and is complaining...I have had mild/moderate acne since the 6th grade and now i'm in my late 20's. I've just never used BP before due to having very sensitive skin and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a severe reaction like this

Hi,

I maybe able to offer you some helpful advice on battling the acne. I started the war last year and I'm utmostly grateful that I'm now cleared. I'm using some recommended products I am reading from this forum and testing out the result. You can send me a private message and I can send you my acne pictures and the progress. It's [email protected]

Hi Damage,

I completely understand your situation. I did the whole BP thing (not remembering how sensitive my skin is, all I wanted was the zits to be gone!)... and I had pimples in certain places on my face and I figured I would lather the whole face with BP. Well, my face pretty much BURNED! I not only burned layers of my skin, but due to the layers being gone bacteria was able to get in and form blister like pimples. It was horrible, I couldn't cope. I would wake up crying when i would look at my face. That was about 3 months ago now. I saw my doctor for help and she told me to not put anything on it at all for a bit and just wash and moisterize to balance out the Ph level of my skin again. I bought a sensitive skin face wash (my skin was sensitive to begin with!), spray toner and I use a moisterizer that my doctor gave me (Impruv). She also precribed me Doxycyline for the active acne that was produced and Yasmin BCP.

I just started my Yasmin pack, and I was on Doxycyline for three weeks prior and that along with my gentle wash regime my skin is SLOWLY improving. I am not in pain anymore and the breakouts are fewer and smaller.

I would recommend going to see a doctor about it, 'coz everyone is different. I know now that your skin will go through its course and the simpler we make our regime, the better it is for your skin. I bought the Aveda Sensitive Skin Care Line and after a month using that stuff, my skin is totally improving. My only concern is a TON of red marks, but I am taking care of that after I know my active acne is at bay.

Your skin might look and feel like it won't get better. But it will. Just take basic steps. Wash, moisterize... don't put anything more on the scars, 'coz it sounds like it's pretty fresh and you don't want to contribute to making it worse. If you feel doubtful, go see a doctor/derm... they can take one look at it and let you know what to do with it.

Hang in there, I thought for the longest time that I would never get better. I know that I'm not crystal clear, but it's looking like it's starting to heal pretty well so I hope that will help you feel a bit better. It WILL get better and it won't be like this forever.

Any qyestions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I've gone through the same thing!!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies - It is nice to know that there are others out there who have been through similar situations.

The nasty burn mark is SLOWLY healing. I am trying not to mess with it too much but I am desperate for it to go away and find that I keep picking at it which only makes matters worse!

I am trying to get an appointment with a derm but was told that it could take up to four months to see someone - I am super self-conscious about the sorry state of my skin these days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to wait quite so long.

I started taking tri cyclen almost three months ago and so far I haven't seen any real improvement in my skin but I heard that it can take up to a year to see a significant difference....it is REALLY hard to be patient after having dealt with crappy skin for most of my life...