Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh my heck - I am SO scared right now! After my month long waiting period, I finally got my pills... my acne is mild and I have very oily skin, but I have hated my skin forever, and have tried everything out there - Benzaclin, Benzamyacin, Differin, Retin-A, Minocin, Doxycycline, BC...

I'm 18, and I'm a perfectionist. I can't stand having acne - I feel so disgusting, and I feel like other people think that too - even though all of you know there's nothing we can do about it - we don't get acne because we're lacking in the hygiene department... we just do.

My skin actually looks the best today that it has looked in a long time, so I've been debating whether I'm making the right decision. My skin is definitely bearable right now - and I'm risking dry, flaky, red skin and the possible dreaded IB. What am I thinking? :doubt:

Anyway, I'm on 60 mg a day, and I'm taking 800 IU of Vitamin E. I've loaded up on the Vaseline for my lips, body lotion, etc - but my derm and pharmacist told me to avoid using anything on my face... and after I've read all of your comments on the importance of moisturizing, I'm a little scared about that as well.

Well, here goes nothing! Wish me luck - PLEASE!

Hi Hate! I'd l ike to wish you luck on your tane journey. First I'd like to say "calm down"! Accutane is going to take you on a bumpy ride so you need to prepare for that. Your sure to have some kind of IB. For some it's very mild for others it can be severe. It's all part of the cycle. In order to get the clear skin you want you have to get rid of the crap that's hanging out underneath. If like you said you have very oily skin you won't really need a facial moisturizer until about week 2. That's about when the dry phase kicks in. Trust me, you will want a facial moistuizer (ex: cetaphil) You have to prepare to take the bad to get to the good. You'll be fine. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are wonder people here.

but once you've been on roaccutane there's a big chance you'll never ever have to deal with acne ever again! reward is big for a big risk :)

And when I read your topics name I thought this was like some sort of hate topic about somebody else's log... who was called acne. lol.

Sorry for the confusion, englishmuppet - the only thing I hate is acne itself! lol. Thanks for the reassurance Jules and englishmuppet - I took my first pills (60 mg of Sotret) with a full meal and full glass of water and 800 IU of Vitamin E a little over an hour ago - and amazingly I haven't sprouted horns or anything! ;) But I know I'm going to attribute every little thing even SLIGHTLY out of the ordinary to the 'tane...

I've been lathering on the Vaseline - hopefully I can be proactive in preventing the dry lips. And I did buy some Cetaphil - I really don't want to have dry, flaking skin... but hey, if that's the price I have to pay for clear skin, that's a risk I'm willing to take!

This has been such a stressful week - starting tane and finals, all rolled into one. Ah well, only 2 finals to go - I just hope I'm able to focus, all I want to think about are those dang pills.

Anyway, any tips, advice, or even just a few reassuring words are more than welcome!

Thanks so much!

Day 2

Phew! It's such a relief to have finals over with! Now I can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the weekend = ) I hope all of you have a great one!

Anywho - as far as the acne goes, obviously there hasn't been much of a change. No side effects yet either. I had a little bit of a headache last night - and I never get headaches... possibly the tane? or maybe just stress? oh well though - it wasn't bad at all.

I hope these little colorful pills work their magic soon! Best of luck to all of you on your tane journeys = )

I'm on my second day too and I'm already getting bad headaches and acute pain, how weird, I'll be tracking your log since we started at the same time. Good luck with therapy :)

Hey hi man

Good luck with your treament .By the way by glancing at your heading of your log i thought maybe u hate logs about accutane hehe .You have made the correct decision bcz if u take roaccutane now your face will be crystal clear after the treatment has finished ,if u had taken this after you acne hard become severe there could have been some irreversible damage done to your face like scarring which even roaccutane cant repair .Hands on for you!!!

By the way how about renaming your log as I HATE ACNE bcz all logs here are about accutane ,this way it becomes more clearer(just a suggestion).

TK

Tas Kick's Acne ass

Hi InnerBeauty! I'm glad that we started on the same day! It will be interesting to see how everything works out. Best of luck to you = )

Acnesuxx - it really is, isn't it? It sure makes me feel disgusting, even though I'm not a dirty person, and am doing everything I can to get rid of it. Hopefully this will do the trick!

Tas - thanks for the good luck. I took your advice and changed the name of my log - sorry it was confusing! I really hope you're right about be making the correct decision. I FEEL like it is the right thing for me to do anyway.

Well, I'm getting ready to pop my 2nd set of pills - wish me luck!

Hi Michelle! :wavey: I am so glad you get an ACCUTANE log becuase you are taking ACCUTANE! Such a wonderful thing! I am so excited to see how things go!

By the way, you should log what happened with IPledge in case someone else deals with it. It might help them in the future!

GOOD LUCK popping the second set! :D;)

Love ya girlie!

Hi Sarah! I am so glad too!! Especially after looking in the mirror, watching the oil drip off my face! lol.... eww!! I took the 2nd set with dinner and so far, so good. I'm just really tired. :(

As far as iPledge goes for all of you wondering, I'd waited my 30 days and got my script from my dr. I logged onto the iPledge site to answer my questions before getting my Rx filled, and it said that my account was locked, so I called the number and put in my username and password and it said they didn't match. I was freaking out! But the nurse at my derms office told me how to get through to actually talk to a person. So for those of you that don't know - after pressing 1 to hear everything in English, when they rattle off all the numbers for the different things - press #0 and they will direct you to an actual person.

whats up, iam in the EXACT same boat as you, mild acne, tried alotta things, oily skin

im on day 20 here and I can say that after reading ppl that started out on tane, that (myself in cluded) 3/4 ppl WILL GET the IB, cause your skin is cleansing itself, but day 19 and my skin is looking MUCH better

Hey! Good luck with your treatment. I know you'll do great. I started mine a week ago and so far it's OK besides getting some breakouts in my forehead.

Good luck. :)

Hey Girl! I am with you on that perfectionist thing... i hate it because its soooo stressful to be like that but i just cant help it. I think acne is so gross too and even having one pimple makes me feel upset and angry... but through all of this i have learned that looks are not everything and no one is ever going to be perfect. Everyone has things about themselves that they wish they could change but thats what makes us unique. Im not saying that pimples are suppose to be unique lol but just there are more important things in life to put time and effort into other than looks. Anyways i also started clearing up a couple of days before i took the accutane but i want to stay clear for a long time and thats why i went through with it.... i started 2 weeks ago.. check out my log and maybe itll give you a heads up of what to expect! Well good luck and we are on our way to clear skin!!!! :dance: yayyyy!

Oh my heck - I am SO scared right now! After my month long waiting period, I finally got my pills... my acne is mild and I have very oily skin, but I have hated my skin forever, and have tried everything out there - Benzaclin, Benzamyacin, Differin, Retin-A, Minocin, Doxycycline, BC...

I'm 18, and I'm a perfectionist. I can't stand having acne - I feel so disgusting, and I feel like other people think that too - even though all of you know there's nothing we can do about it - we don't get acne because we're lacking in the hygiene department... we just do.

My skin actually looks the best today that it has looked in a long time, so I've been debating whether I'm making the right decision. My skin is definitely bearable right now - and I'm risking dry, flaky, red skin and the possible dreaded IB. What am I thinking? :doubt:

Anyway, I'm on 60 mg a day, and I'm taking 800 IU of Vitamin E. I've loaded up on the Vaseline for my lips, body lotion, etc - but my derm and pharmacist told me to avoid using anything on my face... and after I've read all of your comments on the importance of moisturizing, I'm a little scared about that as well.

Well, here goes nothing! Wish me luck - PLEASE!

Good luck

texaskid - Hopefully accutane will work for both of us! :) And if I have to have an IB before I can have clear skin, I'm ready for it - I'll just be thinking about the clear skin I'll have at the end of this!

Lara - thanks for the good luck - I hope you're right about the good results. I can't wait!

appletime - thanks! good luck with your progress, too! I hope everything works out great!

Jen - thank you too! It's good to know that I have somewhere to go where I can find people going through the same things I am. I love the support! I'm glad you're a little bit ahead of me, so you can give me the heads up. Let me know how everything goes for you. Best of luck to you too!

Rainy - thanks for the good luck = )

Anyway... day 3, definitely starting to break out more... not sure if it's Accutane related or not. Very oily, but my skin's also starting to feel tighter, maybe the onset of the dryness? My lips are also starting to feel dry, and I've been applying a TON of vaseline every 10 min - seriously. lol.

I'll let you know how my 3rd set of pills goes.

Good luck to all of you

Michelle = )

:o lol you didn't have to change the name of your log due to my stupidity it made me giggle for a bit! lol.

Hopefully the oil slick will be drained during roaccutane and maybe mean you don't have to moisturise much? :D

Lol englishmuppet- I'm sure you weren't only one confused... that was definitely an oops on my part. = ) I sure hope the oil goes away soon... really soon!

I just took my 3rd set of pills. Skin is lookin pretty sad... :cry: Still not sure if it's Accutane related. As far as other side effects go, not too much yet. I've been getting headaches, but nothing serious. I also wear contacts and have found my eyes have been dry and itchy, so I haven't been able to wear my contacts as much as usual. Other than that - everything's goin AOK. :)

Michelle

Hang in there! Try not to look in the mirror.. all it does is make you upset and that doesnt help anything... i know its hard but try to relax and live your life as normal as possible and time will go by real quick and then youll look in the mirror in a month and be like WOW i look sooooo much better :D Just being on this drug makes me feel great no matter how crapy my skin looks! Itll work for ya too! Have a goodnight and take some advil for those pesky headaches ;)

I'm also on day 3, and I'm starting to see a huge difference. This is what I reccommend:

Only use Cetaphil products

No or minimal makeup on skin

Omega Fatty Acid Pills to help absorb the pills better and keep your skin moist

Vitamin E Pills help scars heal faster

No picking or touching your face! :evil:

Drink lots of water

Apply Neosporin on scabs

Always wash your face with cold water

Only use your fingertips when washing your face

Don't give up :wub:

innerbeauty - I'm glad you're seeing such a huge difference so soon... I wish I was!

I went through your little checklist, and I'm doing good - only using Cetaphil, no makeup, taking the pills with omega fatty acids, 800 IU Vitamin E a day, no picking, TONS of water, etc. Now I just need to cling to your last helpful tip - Don't give up!

Oh yeah - and for anyone who can help: I've been having headaches every night after taking my pills.. they go away the next day, but come back when I take another pill. Tonight I decided to take an Advil liqui-gel. Is that ok? I called a local pharmacy and the tech there told me that it should be fine. Just wanting to make sure before I take any more!

Thanks a bunch = )

Lol englishmuppet- I'm sure you weren't only one confused... that was definitely an oops on my part. = ) I sure hope the oil goes away soon... really soon!

I just took my 3rd set of pills. Skin is lookin pretty sad... :cry: Still not sure if it's Accutane related. As far as other side effects go, not too much yet. I've been getting headaches, but nothing serious. I also wear contacts and have found my eyes have been dry and itchy, so I haven't been able to wear my contacts as much as usual. Other than that - everything's goin AOK. :)

Michelle

it says on the side effects that contact wearers should wear glasses... I want to get contacts, though now is probably not the best time lol. My eyes get dry I have eye drops and/or moisturiser for around my eye which is quite good though i've found with eye moisturiser better to pay for the more expensive ones as the cheaper ones burn when you put them on (well for me they do lol...)

Day 4

Well, I just got done with my first day at my new job - and everything went great. I think I'm really going to like it. I'm definitely not excited to start summer school tomorrow, oh well though, what can ya do?

Anyways... as far as skin goes. It's looking about the same. Nothing big, nothing cystic - but my entire face is pretty much covered in little bumps - kinda reminds me of a really oily piece of sandpaper, lol... kind of a weird comparison, but hey = ) My eyes are feeling a little dry, but I had my contacts in all day at work and they didn't bother me too much. My lips don' t look dry at all, but I'm still coating them in vaseline every 2 minutes, and they're starting to feel dry. = (. The skin around my mouth seems to be getting a little bit drier too, but everywhere else is O I L Y!

I just took my 4th set of pills - so far I'm feeling good, but I'm just waiting for the headache to set in, since I'm gotten one every night of my treatment so far. I'm really curious as to when the different side effects started occurring in everyone's treatment: when did you all get dry lips? dry skin? the IB?... and on a more positive note - when did the oil start to go away? when did you start clearing up?

Thanks so much! and good luck to all of you = )

Michelle

Day 5~

If anyone's still reading this - I hope I'm not boring you too much!

Still not a lot to report. I just took my 5th set of pills - I'm 1/2 way through my first blister packs - woohoo! lol. My skin's starting to feel a little drier, and my lips definitely are too. I think I'm getting a small cyst on my right cheek :( I never get cysts. Maybe that means the Accutanes doing it's job though?

For anyone getting headaches - Advil liqui-gels have been very helpful!

Michelle