Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TBOharry

Help with the regimen in the UK

Hey guys and gals!

I am 19 and have mild/moderate acne localised entirely on my cheeks. I have tried all sorts of things (including most oral and topical antibiotics) and have recently considered trying Dan's regimen.

The only problem is trying to find a BP gel and a non-oily moisturiser that I can easily (and cheaply) get hold of in the UK. I have looked in the product rating section but most products that recieve good ratings are not easy to find in England (I have a Superdrug, Boots and a small pharmacy in my home town)

If anyone knows what is the best for this regimen in the UK I would be very appreciative.

Also would I need to come off my current antibiotics before starting Dan's regimen? I'm currently taking Erythromycin orally and using Actinac topically.

act washbar

brevoxyl BP

eucerin dry skin face relief cream 5%UREA

taht is what i used wen i 1st started

an it worked.

i changed bp to the CSR gel an its 10x better but u gotta order that in etc

Thanks for the reply.

So where abouts did you get these products? I will have a look in town the next chance I get.

Also, how easy do find the importing process of Dan's BP? i.e. how much do you order at once and for what price atogether?

thanks again.

1tube costs £19 with the fast shipping

but ive been using the same tube since feb so its cost effective!

an the rest can be bought at boots!

Thanks man.

Your a real helpful guy! I've been reading your past posts and you've given me much hope (your skin was like mine except my acne is on the center of my cheeks).

I will go to boots tomorrow and maybe consider getting some of Dan's BP.

I wont hesitate to contact you if I need more advice!

Cheers!

P.S. I noticed your in to much the same music as me! (listening to Matchbook Romance as I type in fact!) Keep on rocking dude!

1tube costs £19 with the fast shipping

but ive been using the same tube since feb so its cost effective!

an the rest can be bought at boots!

Yikes!!! You can buy a tube of Panoxyl 2.5% at a pharmacy without a prescription for way less.

Yikes!!! You can buy a tube of Panoxyl 2.5% at a pharmacy without a prescription for way less.

course u can, u can also buy a brand new KIA for £6,000

or u can buy a Brand new Bentley, for £600,000 hehe

u get what you pay for in my opinion, and dans CSR gel is worth every pennie!

(ps car value prices may not be accurate) hehehe

If your in the uk, i would reccomned, pears soap, dans bp gel, and neutrgeona oil free moisturiser.

That is what i have been using since sept last year, and now i have clear skin, which i would'nt of got with out these products. i would def reccomend that you use dan's bp gel as its less irritating and does cause redness, well for me it does'nt, and i would stick to the anti-biotics for a while to and when you get clear star to come off them, thats what i did.

Good luck.

Also, how easy do find the importing process of Dan's BP? i.e. how much do you order at once and for what price atogether?

I ordered 3 tubes with fast shipping - came to about 29 quid, which is about on par with the same amount of PanOxyl.

3 tubes is about as much as you can order without being done for import duty by customs.

However, I worked it out in Excel: if you order 10 tubes at once, it'll be cheaper per unit still, even factoring in VAT/import duty, due to cheaper shipping. That's what I plan to do next time - and the use-by date is two years away, so those tubes will keep. :)

It is worth getting CSR Gel over other BP products.

Absolutely! :)

OK.

I went to boots today and picked up:

Act Washbar

Eucerin - Dry Skin Relief Face Cream with 5% urea (50ml)

The Eucerin is damn expensive (£10)! I hope I'm getting my moneys worth! How long do you find it lasts?

I couldn't see any BP products, but I didnt really look. I'm going to wait and talk to my Doctor next week, and then maybe order some of Dan's BP because of the great feedback it appears to have.

My skin is going through a good phaze at the moment so I'm feeling all happy and proactive! I know it wont last for very long though (usually my good-to-bad cycle lasts about 2-3 weeks).

And I'm off to a pirate party tonight! yarrhhh harrr me scurvey dogs!

I will keep you guys informed and start a log if i decide to begin the regimen!

Don't worry- the eucerin's worth it! for me it usually lasts abot 1 1/2 months, but you may find you need to use more at the begining of the regimen when you get very dry and flaky.

In Boots you can get a few BP's PanOxyl (2.5%, 5% and 10%), Brevoxyl (4%) and quinoderm (5%) are kept behind the counter so you have to ask for them and Oxy On the Spot (2.5%) is available on-the-shelf. But in my oponion Dan's BP is by far the best, I started off with PanOxyl 2.5% and found it very irritating and drying.

Have fun at you pirate party tonight, lol, fancy dress partys are the best! :lol:

I started off with that Eucerin - I am now on week 5, day 1, and my tub is half-full (I'm such an optimist, lol). I have been extremely liberal with it too. I am using less now because my skin is a lot, lot less dry from the BP.

Anyway, 10 quid is nothing; I was paying over 20 quid for expensive stuff before I went on the CSR! :)

I started off with that Eucerin - I am now on week 5, day 1, and my tub is half-full (I'm such an optimist, lol). I have been extremely liberal with it too. I am using less now because my skin is a lot, lot less dry from the BP.

Anyway, 10 quid is nothing; I was paying over 20 quid for expensive stuff before I went on the CSR! :)

tub? I think you may be using the body one, the face one comes in a tube :)

yea the face stuf comes in a little stand up bottle dealy!

sounds likeu got the hand or body stuf

make sure it actually says "face" on it

Really? That's hilarious! I wondered why I was getting 50% more for less money, lol.

OTOH, no ill effects, lol. :)

edit: then again, I expect the stuff I'm using is comedogenic. OMG, it contains liquid paraffin!!! Okay, this is actually great news: my skin can now be even better by using the right products. :D

Wow....

This Eurecin is the badgers nadgers! makes me feel all soft and healthy! wanna touch? actually dont.

Does anyone else hate having your face touched? I freak out if someone comes near my face. And last night for example (yyarrrhhh me hearties! t'was a night like nay on board me jolly roger!) I must have been on the receiving end of half a dozen 'play' slaps or face grabs! Why my friends have to do that to each other is beyond me! hehe. fortunately my skin is looking OK at the mo and I didn't mind too much.

check me out! I'm a pirate!!

IPB Image

I know. My skin looks fine here, but trust me, it can turn very bad at any time. I tend not to let photos be taken when its bad, but for you guys I might... just so you can see how bad it can get. I seem to be stuck in a very extreme cycle... fortunately that gives me a few days to relax when its good.

*Edit* as you can maybe tell, I've been making use of the good weather and my inherently brown skin. I find that a mild tan helps hide little marks left from recent acne. maybe thats just me though.

lol, yea I'm not too keen on people touching my face either, and the eucerin is pretty darn good! :lol:

Looking good in your pirate get up, and glad you had fun at the party! :D

And btw those sketches you've done on your website are great!

Yeh. Today is the first day I've ever used moisturiser all over my face. Its fantastic! my skin hasn't gone all shiny and greasy like it usually does... just stayed smooth and matte! Thanks everyone!

Thanks for looking at my website! I'm off to uni this september to do Graphic Arts in Liverpool John Moores! My website is just a bit of a head start into the industry really. Glad you like it!

What is different about Dan's gel?

That sounds like I'm being nasty with that question but I'm not. Seriously, what is different about Dan's BP gel?