Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok there's been something that's been bothering me....I use to have really severe acne...now its mild...moderate sometimes (on my bad weeks lol)- thanks 2 accutane- but its better than what it use to be...even though I still breakout....ANYWAY...

I've been dating this guy for 7mths and he's great, I'm really in love with him. So anyway today I was chillen at home..when he calls me...at first I thought he was just calling to say hi...when I heard the doorbell ring...and it was him standing at the door...I WAS HOORIFIED! The reason for this was because I have bad discoloration all over my face left from my acne....my face is completely darken compared to the rest of my body.......well I'm discolored from head to toe but my face...is crazy

He came to surprise me...Oh how I love suprises when my face looks the way it does without makeup.....which I hate wearing!!!! I made him wait outside while I ran and put makeup on :cry:

I hate this...and its been bothering me since I started dating him, I mean I did tell him and he's still with me but...he never seen me totally without makeup and I'm scared I'm gunna lose him.

I mean when we hug or kiss...I allways try to make sure that I dont get my makeup on him, so I try not to hug him a certain way...this is getting ridiculous!!! He likes taking pictures of me..of us and every pic I take comes out looking horrible because sometimes we fool around and my makeup gets messed up :(

I dont know if I can bear letting him see me without makeup....I'll feel like he'll start looking elsewhere cause there's plenty of CLEAR SKIN beauties for him to pick from and I'm not one of them....what shall I do???? :confused:

If he reall loved you then he would not care if you had acne, go ahead and show him you cant hide forever.

ok there's been something that's been bothering me....I use to have really severe acne...now its mild...moderate sometimes (on my bad weeks lol)- thanks 2 accutane- but its better than what it use to be...even though I still breakout....ANYWAY...

I've been dating this guy for 7mths and he's great, I'm really in love with him. So anyway today I was chillen at home..when he calls me...at first I thought he was just calling to say hi...when I heard the doorbell ring...and it was him standing at the door...I WAS HOORIFIED! The reason for this was because I have bad discoloration all over my face left from my acne....my face is completely darken compared to the rest of my body.......well I'm discolored from head to toe but my face...is crazy

He came to surprise me...Oh how I love suprises when my face looks the way it does without makeup.....which I hate wearing!!!! I made him wait outside while I ran and put makeup on :cry:

I hate this...and its been bothering me since I started dating him, I mean I did tell him and he's still with me but...he never seen me totally without makeup and I'm scared I'm gunna lose him.

I mean when we hug or kiss...I allways try to make sure that I dont get my makeup on him, so I try not to hug him a certain way...this is getting ridiculous!!! He likes taking pictures of me..of us and every pic I take comes out looking horrible because sometimes we fool around and my makeup gets messed up :(

I dont know if I can bear letting him see me without makeup....I'll feel like he'll start looking elsewhere cause there's plenty of CLEAR SKIN beauties for him to pick from and I'm not one of them....what shall I do???? :confused:

I'm kind of in the same boat...but if he really loves you, then he's not gonna care. he'll support you rather than just dump you. if you're in love then looks start to matter less and less. know what I mean?

you know whats right, and whats wrong, whether you are willing to implement the right action is solely up to you.

Maybe he knows you have some acne, I mean no makeup can cover up all acne..right?

Goodluck with it, come on, you will feel a lot less weight on your shoulders. GO GO YEA

My skin is really bad right now. I feel the same way, I can totally relate. But my fiance has seen me many times w/o make-up on. He still thinks I look beauitful, he said theres not much of a difference.

Like polkadots said no make-up covers everything up, so i'm sure your boyfriend knows you have some skin trouble.

I TOTALY understand- same situation with me. i was seeing my current boyfriend when i broke out really REALLY badly for the first time about a year ago- i dumped him. i knew he wouldnt break up with me cos of it but it affects my self confidence so much that i just couldnt face going out with him and his friends and stuff. anyway were back together now and due to accutane im clear apart from marks but im scared to schedule plans in case my skin looks crusty. Weve never been out in day time cos i think i look ugly and get miserable i just want to so badly tell him what im going through but im too scared too. Oh and he wants to go on holliday to Greece in the summer so i guess i WILL have to tell him

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

You have this perception of yourself as being "ugly" because of the acne.

If he really loves you he will think you are beautiful no matter what because his perception of beauty will be totally different than yours. And if he does say your beautiful then you have to take his word for it.

I had a gf who constantly thought she was fat even though she barely weighed 100 lbs. and no matter how pretty I told her she was, t was like my word was never good enough. It actually got on my nerves that she kept saying that she was fat and ugly when I kept telling her she was the prettiest thing in the world. Needless to say it didn't last, haha.

So trust him when he says your hot.

dont worry about it you have been going out for 7 months so he must be really into you, as soon as he sees you without make up he is not going to run a mile even though thats what you probably think. When you take your make up off to your bf you will still look great, maybe at first looks attracted you to each other but a realationship would not last 7 months from just looks alone.

i dont think he cares as much as u do.....but i understand what ur going thru...id often wake up a good 1 hr b4hand to make myself pretty b4 he saw me in the morning...but if thy really love u, they dont care...plus, acne or no acne..lots of women can look different and have the same problem with being seen with no makeup on..so u are not alone.

your bf likes u a lot if he wants to do special things like surprise u...just do what u have to do...coz nobody could tell me to go bare faced either...just remember deep down its u he wants and its your beauty he must like, makeup cant fix natural beauty..so u must be doing something right.

Guest Realist

You're gonna have to tell him one way or another if you want the relationship to last. Plus, you guys are seven months deep. Do you really think he'd leave you just because of some skin discolorations on your face? He'd have to be one shallow, superficial person to do something like that. And you wouldn't want to be with somebody like that anyway.

Think about it like this, maybe. I (accidentally) fell in love with a guy that was kinda overweight, had something wrong with his eye and was starting to go bald. But I fell so hard that none of those mattered and I actually LIKED those things about him. His imperfections were endearing. Man, I was hard hit. So much so that even though things didn't work out with him, I still get butterflies when I see him (and it's been YEARS). ALl this to say, when someone is in love, the superficial stuff really doesn't matter. He's not perfect, is he?

I can totally relate to this.

My bf did the exact same thing to me one night when I wasn't wearing makeup. I freaked out and hurrily applied my second face. He was like "what took you so long??" but yeah, i know how it feels. It's hard when you get intimate because it does ruin your makeup! Sleeping over is even harder!!!! I used to have to wear makeup at night while I was sleeping because I was so paranoid....and I'd wake up early to check it before he wakes up. It's so horrible.

I'm still like that. Even though everyone's saying things along the lines of 'if he loves you, he wont care' etc etc it doesnt really make a difference. I know my red marks don't mean anything to him...but it's hard to let go and just show your true self.

screamcosithurts - i can't go out in day time with him either. don't get me started on natural light...you see marks you never knew existed. my bf wants to go on holiday as well... as much as i'd love to go, i'm reluctant because of my insecurities. i just want to be normal again

I just wanted to add in here. I went through the same thing with my ex-bf surprising me in the morning of my birthday I walked out to my car to get something and there he was, I stopped mid-way ran back inside and put makeup on!

I am now married, and even when we lived together I never let him see me without makeup. It wasn't until we had been married for six months he finally saw me in the morning while I was sleeping before he wen't to work and even then I would cover my face with the covers. We have been married now for over 1.5 years and I only let him see me at night for a couple of minutes before I turn out the lights. He says I'm beautiful, but to me I feel so insecure.

I guess what I am saying is it takes time, I know it sucks to not be able to show your true self but eventually you will! I still hug my husband in a certain way so I don't get makeup on him. I was really afraid to show my husband how I really looked (former model) to show the imperfections, but the more I talked to him about how it made me feel, the more supportive he was and has been. Every night he tells me how beautiful I am, and how great I look without makeup on. So when I do have a bad acne day, I talk to him about it and even though he can't relate he is so supportive and having someone to talk to is a great feeling. Good luck.

I can totally relate to this.

My bf did the exact same thing to me one night when I wasn't wearing makeup. I freaked out and hurrily applied my second face. He was like "what took you so long??" but yeah, i know how it feels. It's hard when you get intimate because it does ruin your makeup! Sleeping over is even harder!!!! I used to have to wear makeup at night while I was sleeping because I was so paranoid....and I'd wake up early to check it before he wakes up. It's so horrible.

I'm still like that. Even though everyone's saying things along the lines of 'if he loves you, he wont care' etc etc it doesnt really make a difference. I know my red marks don't mean anything to him...but it's hard to let go and just show your true self.

screamcosithurts - i can't go out in day time with him either. don't get me started on natural light...you see marks you never knew existed. my bf wants to go on holiday as well... as much as i'd love to go, i'm reluctant because of my insecurities. i just want to be normal again

OH MY GOD...Its the same thing....Thank god he cant sleep over!!! I'll be tripping....I allways feel like I can t be totally comfortable with him because of this....its crazy...I dont like going out in the day either...and this what he allways do to me....he touches my face alot and we fool around...then he'll be like "LET'S GO OUT" I just dont know how long i'll be able to do this....

appearance plays alot in first impressions, but after time it comes down to how you two connect on a personal level. its hard to not be worried about it, but if you dwell on it you won't be able to be comfortable.

i'm sort of in the same situation. ive know this girl for the last 5 years and we've always been "close". never really officially dated but there is that mutal understanding. sometimes im nervous to see her because she has absolutley flawless skin and im battling with a bit of acne (finishing up on tane soon). but im sure she doesn't see it as my fault or as flaw with me.

i was nervous about that when 2 years ago we were going on family vacation and i brought my boyfriend along, i mean i couldnt wear makeup to bed or id get zitty, but I waited until it was dark out and the lights were all dim and right before bed before id go to the bathroom and remove it. I told him i looked all shitty without makeup and my skin was bad and he did the whole blahblah your beautiful lies lies lies(lol im bitter still) but id wake up super early like i was just going to the bathroom to pee but id put on my mineral makeup to cover the zits (no eyemakeup or anything) so when i woke up hed see me in the sunlight looking at least half decent. And at the beach i wouldnt get in the water because i didnt want the makeup to come off (even though the salt water always clears me) so hes never actually seen me with no makeup in daylight so i sort of cheat. But he didnt have the best skin either but it was still wayyy better then mine and he never got all the red marks that I have. So just show your true face in really warm dim lighting xD But really if he leaves you over red marks hes an asshole anyways. Or he could say he doesnt care and he loves you and your beautiful and then break up with you a year later to go out with a fug emo girl with no tits or personality, thats always a big self esteem booster too!

i was nervous about that when 2 years ago we were going on family vacation and i brought my boyfriend along, i mean i couldnt wear makeup to bed or id get zitty, but I waited until it was dark out and the lights were all dim and right before bed before id go to the bathroom and remove it. I told him i looked all shitty without makeup and my skin was bad and he did the whole blahblah your beautiful lies lies lies(lol im bitter still) but id wake up super early like i was just going to the bathroom to pee but id put on my mineral makeup to cover the zits (no eyemakeup or anything) so when i woke up hed see me in the sunlight looking at least half decent. And at the beach i wouldnt get in the water because i didnt want the makeup to come off (even though the salt water always clears me) so hes never actually seen me with no makeup in daylight so i sort of cheat. But he didnt have the best skin either but it was still wayyy better then mine and he never got all the red marks that I have. So just show your true face in really warm dim lighting xD But really if he leaves you over red marks hes an asshole anyways. Or he could say he doesnt care and he loves you and your beautiful and then break up with you a year later to go out with a fug emo girl with no tits or personality, thats always a big self esteem booster too!

lol :D I'm really trying to decide if should...cause like you said I dont want him saying ," oh your beautiful..or I dont care...when inside he like ," DAMN" and gradually he starts looking elsewhere...I know if he leaves me over this he's an asshole but..he the best guy I've ever met..and truthfully if he leaves me...I dont know if I'm gunna find any better...and I dont wanna mess up a good thing!! If he leaves me over other reasons...fine...I can deal but over this...I'll be crush..I cant lie....having my skin look like this have destroyed alot of opportunities for me....I dont want it to destroy this too.... :(

I'm not trying to make u feel bad, but I think he knows about your skin. I know girls who fake and bake and wear heavy makeup to cover up their acne, and I can still see it. Obviously he sees at least a little bit of it--and he DOESN'T care! I feel your pain though--When I had horrid skin for 8 months, my now husband never saw me without my makeup on. I still don't want him to see me without it sometimes! Hang in there!

scarred can you show a before and after shot of you with and without make-up to give us an idea of what youre talking about?

I suspect youre just all up in your head though

:(:(

scarred can you show a before and after shot of you with and without make-up to give us an idea of what youre talking about?

I suspect youre just all up in your head though

i've got news for you...makeup doesn't do much to cover up acne. it can help take away the redness of red marks but you can still see a pimple, nothing sadly can cover that.

the good news?? he already knows!! so just tell him about your insecurities. If you love him and he loves you you can both work together to get over the self esteem lack you suffer.

and if he has a problem with it than he isn't worth it and thats the truth.

when i came clean with my bf he said he never notcied more than the occasional pimple on me and even confessed he was super obsessed with his own back acne!

honestly can take you a long way. you are beautiful to him and a fresh face feels so much better..so does a clean concience.

I know my boyfreind knows I have acne..and I told him I have scars...Its just I dont have the guts to let him see me without makeup...cause the makeup does help the cover the hyperpigmentation....a little....but when I take the makeup off...my skin looks dry, ruff, and really dark...the makeup makes my face look not as bad...and I dont know how he'll react