Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Me_23

Hand Eczema and PUVA?

How severe does one's eczema have to be to warrant such treatment and could anyone please explain and describe the process?

In the past year since taking Accutane, I seemed to have developed Eczema on my hands...

Most of the time it's not very bad and not too noticeable, but sometimes it can be quite embarassing. Today for instance, I have red marks all over my hands that almost look like little razor bumps. I've at least 15 on my right hand and I'm extremely self-conscious about it.

They are not huge but still noticeable.

Do you guys think that PUVA treatment might be suggested or helpful to me?

I saw my dermatologist two days ago but unfortunately for me, my eczema was not too prevalent and so the only thing he game me was a topical moisturizer which doesn't really help. I guess he assumed I was exagerrating the condition because my hands were only slightly red around my knuckles and the bumps did not flare up or anything. It was basically under control. Whereas today I have tiny bumps all over my hands.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.