Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you remember when you had your first pimple? What product did you use and what were the active ingredients?

I think it was clearasil. All I can remember was Benzoyl Peroxide. The stronger the better. Tried many products along the way, but BP managed to stick around.

Do you remember when you had your first pimple? What product did you use and what were the active ingredients?

All I can remember was Benzoyl Peroxide. The stronger the better. Tried many products along the way, but BP managed to stick around.

Haha, this topic made me smile....back in the good ol' days.

They say you always remember your first time.....

Though I really don't remember completely, it was probably a clean and clear medicated cleanser of my sisters that was in our bathroom. I don't even think I had a pimple on my face...I just used it because I thought that maybe it would make me beautiful...

LOL that's hilarious Mman. That totally reminded, I actually started using BP before I even had any zits. Like you, I had clear skin. I was afraid of getting pimple so i started using BP. I wonder what would my skin would be like if i never started BP....

I bought basis for oily skin. It dried my skin so much, I'd have to follow up with basis for dry skin. I was really obsessed with those cleansers, sometimes washing all day long. No wonder I was a sad and depressed child.

my sister gave me some clearasil to use on my face when i was 12ish :(

shouldn't have bothered it made me worse.

Clearasil. Back in the day Clearasil was the market giant. Which was a shame because it didn't do squat.

My mom gave me bottles of Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment, which she used too. It was just like 1.5% SA and some vitamins, but my acne seemed to stay quite mild back when I used it. I think my acne would have been mild whether I had used it or not, now that I think of it, as my skin didn't get bad until after high school.

i remember using oxy pads back in the day but i dont remember if it was my first product... ughhh i can still smell those things like it was yesterday, they stank!

^ ^ I used those Oxy Pads, too. Man, did they burn like a motha! lol

I also recall using Nature's Cure, Clearsil, Neutrogena, and a boatload of other products. Gosh, I can't believe it's been around 4 years since I started suffering from Acne. Time sure flies when you're trying to fix something you really have no control over -- in some ways, anyway.

I remeber using Oxypads for awhile. I even went as far as putting rubbing alcohol on my face. lol. Ever since then I had to use a moisturizer. I think it was until I start using topical antibiotics did i noticed my red marks taking a lot longer to fade over time.

Guest Kaelynd

Somthing biore.

I forget what.

Mine was clearasil, also. The spot treatment stuff. I remember this because I just took it and spread it all over my entire face throughout the course of one day until the bottle was gone.

clearasil and it did nothing. I think the first thing I used though was exercise and that worked great. I got sever acne when I stopped running.

Mine was an old school bottle of Oxy (10% BP). I remember I only got like one zit maybe, but I thought if I put it over my whole face, I would have amazing skin... :(

i used to use aveeno face bars...worked great until **BAM** on day, cysts seem to come out of nowhere. now i'm paranoid about using anymore of their products...how good is soy for the skin anyway :doubt:

My first acne med was this clay stuff called Acnomel...it was horrible, like rubbing dirt on my face! And it made skin worse, I think. Acne became cystic around this time....it was useless!