Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Crawford

Changing feelings of attraction you have for someone

Guest Crawford

Say you like someone... have a crush on them. They dont like you back... even as far as despise you and hate you for being attracted to them.

Do you think its possible to force your mind to lose that attraction you have for them? Knowing the other person doesnt share the same feelings

Im not going through this by the way. Im just nostalgic and thinking about my past when a few girls liked me and i didnt act the most mature way about it. And the attraction was still there from them though!.. even with how i treated them.

Is 'love' that strong?

Love is different than mere attraction. It's the difference between a crush and love, although both feel just as strong.

There is nothing wrong with feeling nostalgic - hell, I have my memories of boys that I crushed on. It's a good thing, makes us feel warm.

Love is different than mere attraction. It's the difference between a crush and love, although both feel just as strong.

I agree with your statement. Love is so much more than just a crush. A lot of times I think people mistake love for long crushes. Love isn't just an emotion. It's also a decision. It takes a lot of work to truly love someone. That's why I haven't said it to anyone except to my family and friends.......yet!

So yea, I think feelings can change especially because crushes are just strong emotional feelings towards someone and we all know that emotions can change at the drop of a hat :)

Pretty good topic starter!

Guest Crawford

Yeah sorry i meant crush.

Is having a crush that strong? ... that you cant change your feelings... even if it is only one way? Whats peoples experiences when having an unrequited crush?

Im just interested in the psychology behind this.

I'm quite practical about this. If I see total lack of interest from a girl, I lose my interest too.

there is no objective 'love', we all feel it in different ways, different intensities.

I suppose I like a guy, cal it a crush, call it love, it doesn't matter what you call it, but I know I am in the same situation as you crawford, always having feelings, never having them returned, and never being able to return those feelings even if I wanted to.

Depends on the extent of the crush, I think. Kind of warped, but in my dewey youth I couldn't get an ex out of my system until I knew that he still wanted to be with me. I'm happily married with two beautiful children now, but still have a (harmless) crush on the one guy that wouldn't have anything to do with me.( I'm sure a therapist would have a hey-day with that one.)

I hate it when my single friends disrespect themselves by chasing after guys that aren't interested in them, but I totally "get" the appeal of the chase. It's always the ones that don't want us that we end up wanting. (disclaimer: until you get married, that is)

Guest Crawford

but still have a (harmless) crush on the one guy that wouldn't have anything to do with me.( I'm sure a therapist would have a hey-day with that one.)

Really?

How long havent you seen him for? Why do you think you still have these small feelings for him?

If I wank then I lose all interest in girls, that sperm does funny stuff to you let it out. :wub:

I bet if you say that to a girl in a club she'll fall for you straight away. :lol:

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

If I wank then I lose all interest in girls, that sperm does funny stuff to you let it out. :wub:

:lol: I have to admit that i get this sense of sexual and emotional numbness upon ejaculation and orgasm! More so with masturbation.

:lol: I have to admit that i get this sense of sexual and emotional numbness upon ejaculation and orgasm! More so with masturbation.

The clarity of thought you get is amazing.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Yes. Especially when you regret what you just did.

Yes. Especially when you regret what you just did.

:lol::lol:

Do you think its possible to force your mind to lose that attraction you have for them? Knowing the other person doesnt share the same feelings

masturbate.. and if it doesn't work, masturbate again.. pretty soon you'll get tired of masturbating, then go and have a cup of coffee

it's funny how the British use the word "wanker".. that's almost as funny as "bloke" and "queen of england"

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

masturbate.. and if it doesn't work, masturbate again.. pretty soon you'll get tired of masturbating, then go and have a cup of coffee

ROFL

And if that doesn't work, masturbate into the coffee.

CRUSH??? :doubt: it's all in the MIND! :snooty: if you think that it's too strong that you can't let go of your 'past' then probably you can't. Nothing else is more powerful than the MIND... but if you help yourself forget about that and try to move on and try to find new inspirations or just focus on more valuable things around you... like studies/work/family etc... then you'll learn that CRUSH isn't strong after all... and time will prove that... bcoz time will make its way to conquer all the short-time feelings you're experiencing.. short time is enough to let you realize that your crush isn't worth it unless he/she has become your lover...

I wish this is clear...

Do you think its possible to force your mind to lose that attraction you have for them?

yes. just concentrate on all the bad things about them.