Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
latida

Pulsed dye laser for mild acne scars?

My dermatologist has seggested getting Pulsed Dye Laser for my mild red acne scarring, so I'm trying to do research on it. I have fair, Asian skin. My acne was really bad a couple years ago, but has calmed down over the past year with Retin A micro, antibiotics, and Yasmin (plus a change of attitude to not fixate on the acne). The scarring is mostly on my cheeks, and looks good with mineral makeup coverage. But if the redness wasn't there it would look much clearer, and it would be nice to feel like I don't have to cover with makeup (I would never wear makeup otherwise). My dermatologist said that it is around $300 a treatment.

I guess my questions are:

1. if it's effective

2. how many treatments are typical for mild scarring

3. do you have to hide from the world afterwards due to the bruising

4. does this sound like the right laser treatment?

I'm trying to decide if it is worth it. If it's only $300 and it worked, I would say yes. But from my research, it's hard to tell if it's effective or seems to be more experimental. Also, I'm wondering if I would end up needing to get more than one treatment.

Any info or personal experiences appreciated. Thanks, and good luck to everyone.