Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I just bought the Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation, Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer, and the Loose Setting powder. I hope I ordered the right shades or I'll have have to return them. I've heard such great things about Laura Mercier products and I'm just wondering if anyone can share their experiences. I'm looking forward to trying the products and I pray the colors I chose match my complexion!!

If you are sensitive to corn starch beware of the loose powder. It is wonderfully silkly, but the corn starch broke me out like crazy.

I love the oil-free foundation. I didnt get any break outs from using it. The coverage was great and it stayed put all day. I cant comment on the others though :whistle:

Yeah i love the oil free foundation. Got it wrong the first time i applied it though, used a dry sponge and it was really cakey and disgusting! I was completely scandalised I'd paid so much money for the worst makeup ever. Ha. So i use a slightly damp sponge as per the instructions on the site and loads of moisturiser and it's perfect, fantastic coverage! it's never broken me out, which is amazing for a foundation. I got the loose shimmer powder which doesn't give coverage, but looks sooo good. usually brush some on after diff powder and it gives a gorgeous glowy finish. so yeah, hopefully you'll be addicted too!

I used the oil free foundation a few times, but I wasn't really impressed w/it. It seemed like it made my face dull, but perhaps I had the color match off slightly. At any rate, I ended up swapping it on MakeupAlley.com, if that tells you anything.

I hate the sponge technique. I suggest using the BE maximum concealer brush to apply. Once you're done blending, just use loose/pressed powder of your choice to finish it off.

i went from a rgular sponge to a laura mrecier sponge to a foundation brush..and u know what? my fingers give the best application...there's no wastage and then now i decided to go ahead and buy the Laura mercier powder in Ivory instead of the pressed mac i was using and i think its doing a much better job...very subtle and flawless makeup that u can build up to more coverage or with a brush it builds up quite well too...i love it..

I've been using the LM Oil Free foundation in Porcelain Ivory for 6+ months. I love it. My skin has yellow and pink undertones so a lot of makeup makes me look too yellow/orange/pink. This gives me a perfect color match. It's never been the cause of my breakouts. I have hormonal cystic acne, so I go through good & bad acne stages. I love that the coverage is buildable but for times when I have redness from acne, I use a little concealer afterwards and my face looks great. A lot of people don't know how bad my face looks under my makeup...

Anyway, hope that helps!

The powder has corn starch which according to studies can cause bacteria to grow in your pores becasue it is a food stuff. You should avoid any product that has corn or rice starch or milk products especially if your prone to breakouts.

I always wanted to try this! Maybe I will one day... I think in self magazine, it was quoted that rebbeca romaijn (sp?) uses the tinted mousturizer.