Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

EVERYDAY MINERALS MAKE-UP

Someone mentioned about Everyday Minerals make-up and it looked really good. Just wondering if anyone out there uses it and if its got good coverage... it really powdery so does it cover up spots and scars well? I also live in England so does it take long to deliver? THANKS if anyone has any info! :)

Someone mentioned about Everyday Minerals make-up and it looked really good. Just wondering if anyone out there uses it and if its got good coverage... it really powdery so does it cover up spots and scars well? I also live in England so does it take long to deliver? THANKS if anyone has any info! :)

I've been using Everyday Minerals for about 2 weeks now and I love it :) I'm from The Netherlands and it took about a week to deliver. I dont have active acne right now but I have a lot of redness and scars to cover, and Everyday Minerals can cover them flawlessly when I build the coverage. I'd recommend the starter kit, thats what I got and I think its great value, as I use everything in it :) I'd recommend a good kabuki brush with any mineral makeup though, its all in the application and the right brush. I dont like the Everyday Minerals Kabuki brush to apply Mineral Makeup, I only use that one for regular loose powder. If you dont have a good kabuki brush yet, check out the 'Ultimate Buffer Brush' from ebay, thats what I use and its great! :)

lol. you're actually considering my advice huh lol

I've been using Everyday Minerals for about 2 weeks now and I love it :) I'm from The Netherlands and it took about a week to deliver. I dont have active acne right now but I have a lot of redness and scars to cover, and Everyday Minerals can cover them flawlessly when I build the coverage. I'd recommend the starter kit, thats what I got and I think its great value, as I use everything in it :) I'd recommend a good kabuki brush with any mineral makeup though, its all in the application and the right brush. I dont like the Everyday Minerals Kabuki brush to apply Mineral Makeup, I only use that one for regular loose powder. If you dont have a good kabuki brush yet, check out the 'Ultimate Buffer Brush' from ebay, thats what I use and its great! :)

i have a few questions. how come you don't like their kabuki brush? can a foundation brush be used as a concealer? also, did it take you long to learn how to apply it on properly?

I didnt like the kabuki brush because it sheds a lot and it's not quite dense enough to get good coverage. I find a good Kabuki brush is a must for any mineral makeup. You should check out www.makeupalley.com to read reviews on a lot of brushes (the reviews about makeup in general are great :) )

As far the foundation brush goes, I think its fine to use it as a concealer brush. I find it doesnt really matter that much which brush you use to conceal things, as long as its stiff enough.

It didnt take me long to learn how to apply it, because I read about it before I tried. If you use a good kabuki brush and really 'buff' it into your skin with circular movements it's easy to get it right. Just be sure to not use too much, a little goes a long way :)

My older sisters uses the Bare Escentuals Mineral Make-up...and it covers pretty well. They both have severe scarring from acne...and still have active acne. However, I use a cheaper version I get from Target...Physicians Formula Mineral Wear. It looks the same as their mineral make up when I put it on and I don't break out from it.

hi there...

am just visiting, but came up w/ this page on 'everyday minerals' search...

i ordered their FREE trio foundation sampler.. actually ordered two, and tho they only let you click 'semi-matte' or 'original glo' once, whoever packed my samples was nice enough to send me a trio of each... came in 2-3 days, i was surprised! (they used priority)....

anyway, had tried sheer cover, and it was ok, but after i read the ingredients, i quit using immed. I did a LOT of research on the net into all the mineral brands, and everyday minerals was the only one i found w/ a SIMPLE ingredient list w/ no bismuth oxychloride, talc, OR parabens, which are becoming more known for being.. well, no good!

I was not disappointed by everyday minerals! surprisingly, i liked the original glo.. it just looks like my face is moisturized, to me.. but i'm using the matte foundation as a concealer until i get a full kit. (i have normal/combo skin, w/ kinda neutral undertones) . i got the med., med. beige, and med. tan... am closest to med. beige tho a lil med. tan adds a nice touch. i use my sheer cover brush, actually, for the found., and a lil concealer brush to first cover up acne, redness, etc., which i actually got from www.elf.com w/ their mini travel brush kit. i will never use reg. makeup again!!! try it!

hi there...

am just visiting, but came up w/ this page on 'everyday minerals' search...

i ordered their FREE trio foundation sampler.. actually ordered two, and tho they only let you click 'semi-matte' or 'original glo' once, whoever packed my samples was nice enough to send me a trio of each... came in 2-3 days, i was surprised! (they used priority)....

anyway, had tried sheer cover, and it was ok, but after i read the ingredients, i quit using immed. I did a LOT of research on the net into all the mineral brands, and everyday minerals was the only one i found w/ a SIMPLE ingredient list w/ no bismuth oxychloride, talc, OR parabens, which are becoming more known for being.. well, no good!

I was not disappointed by everyday minerals! surprisingly, i liked the original glo.. it just looks like my face is moisturized, to me.. but i'm using the matte foundation as a concealer until i get a full kit. (i have normal/combo skin, w/ kinda neutral undertones) . i got the med., med. beige, and med. tan... am closest to med. beige tho a lil med. tan adds a nice touch. i use my sheer cover brush, actually, for the found., and a lil concealer brush to first cover up acne, redness, etc., which i actually got from www.elf.com w/ their mini travel brush kit. i will never use reg. makeup again!!! try it!

I ordered semi-matte for normal to oily skin

I just ordered the sample kit as well. I am hoping to like this especially since I have not liked other mineral make up in the past. I always get so excited anyway. :lol::dance::dance:

Now, I have to find a good brush.

Did you decide on the brush, WTA?

The good ones are so expensive. :doubt:

well, with the samples that i'm getting i plan to use my MAC powder brush for foundation and MAC foundation brush for the concealer. If I actually end up liking the product *which i pray that i do lol pray for me hahaha* then i'm getting a starter kit from everydayminerals.com which includes a kabuki brush. i heard someone in here mention that it sucks, so if it does i'll probably purchase 1 of these:

cheap(around 16$):

IPB Image

expensive(around 35$):

IPB Image

expensive(around 28$):

IPB Image

Thanks for the info. I just found a BE kabuki brush on Ebay for about 10 dollars (check it out!). Yeah, the everydayminerals kabuki brush has awful reviews everywhere, so I really didn't want to purchase it. Everyone says it leaves little hairs on your face that are annoying to remove.

n/p :)

yeah, that brush sounds like shit, but wtvr, it comes with the kit and it's so much cheaper to buy the kit... instead of foundations/concealers/blush seperately.

lol i read good reviews about the sugar cosmetics brush. but i'm not sure if it's designed for the mineral type foundations?

here are the reviews for the everydaymineral's brush:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....Makeup_Brushes/

I have everyday! It covers redmakrs and stuff great, but i find it like clobs up around the active acne. It's not as itchy as bare minerals. I still use my brush from bareminerals, I should probably get a new one because I feel like that one pricks me in the face. I have the concealer and the foundation I like to cover zits with a liquid foundation in little dots and then apply the everday foundation then the concealer over that. I actually think using the concealer as the foundation works better sometimes. I mean, its the same powdery crap to me xD I need to get the really light color they have though, the color i got is a little dark. Plus i get a little greasy looking by the end of the day, but the coverage never goes away.

I bought samples (I highly rec. buying samples before purchasing). You get to choose 3 samples or any color you want. I accidently put quantity 2 so I got 6 samples! They last forever. I don't use it often because I ditched foundation and only use concealer now (my skin loves me). But when I've worn it I get compliments and it does look quite good. It gives a nice look. I'd rec. the matte foundation samples, not the glo formula.

In terms of more of a review. . .

It think it might clog my pores a tiny bit,

and a couple of times made my face feel itchy (faintly).

I thought the coverage was pretty good,

but I have no pimples

just a few light red marks

and once in a while clogged pores.

As of now my skin is really white and my skintone is completely neutral.

Even the lightest color has a teeny bit of yellow tone to it,

but it's not anything noticeable (I asked my sister).

I like it, but I definitely want to try some others.

achick, what kinda skin type do you have?

awww! yay!

i hope it doesn't make my face itchy or break me out cos honestly, i'm sooo sick and tired of pounding on liquid foundation!

i haven't got my samples yet, can't wait till i do.

how well does it cover, amy?

also, you should put the amount that you need on a piece of foil or something, since you said that the jars are very small.

achick, what kinda skin type do you have?

awww! yay!

i hope it doesn't make my face itchy or break me out cos honestly, i'm sooo sick and tired of pounding on liquid foundation!

i haven't got my samples yet, can't wait till i do.

how well does it cover, amy?

also, you should put the amount that you need on a piece of foil or something, since you said that the jars are very small.

It seemed to cover pretty well. I only really have one noticeable pimple right now (of course, on the tip of my nose) and it color matched very well. It covered my pores sufficiantly- I think I needed to put on more moisturizer first though. Honestly, I need more practice!

The aluminum foil tip is good, thanks! I used a small ceramic saucer, but foil would work nicely to seal up the left over minerals.

I found the foundations to be a little more yellow than I thought- I usually go with a medium-beige in other foundations (like Mary Kay #304), but the EM medium-beige was very yellow and the medium color EM was better for me. The concealer sample I got was too light for me as well, so I ordered the "Spring concealer" instead.

Because I was pressed for time this morning, I used my old standby Mary Kay makeup- I didn't have time to experiment or risk having to do a "do over." I plan on re-applying some EM before I go out tonight.

yeah, i hear that you need a few practices before you get the hang of it.

since, i'm using a liquid foundation at the moment... i have this little plate that i got from Linens&Things(i bought it a few weeks ago), i put a few drops of foundation on it and then apply it with my foundation brush and it's awesome, since i don't have to waste foil anymore.

ahh i can't wait till my samples arrive!

That's so funny that everyone ordered samples - I ordered samples from Everyday Minerals and J. Lynne Minerals yesterday and I didn't even see this thread. We can all compare notes after we get them. :)

J. Lynne Ingredients: "Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Serecite, Iron Oxides. (May contain Ultramarines.)"

I am curious about these ingredients - I looked some of this stuff up, and I think serecite is a type of mica, and apparently ultramarine blue pigment is used in makeup sometimes. Nothing I read said they were harmful or anything, so I guess they are okay.

That's so funny that everyone ordered samples - I ordered samples from Everyday Minerals and J. Lynne Minerals yesterday and I didn't even see this thread. We can all compare notes after we get them. :)

J. Lynne Ingredients: "Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Serecite, Iron Oxides. (May contain Ultramarines.)"

I am curious about these ingredients - I looked some of this stuff up, and I think serecite is a type of mica, and apparently ultramarine blue pigment is used in makeup sometimes. Nothing I read said they were harmful or anything, so I guess they are okay.

Apparently serecite is irritating to acne skin :rolleyes: . I think EM would be better seeing as it doesn't contain it!