Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laith

using steam to fight blackheads

anyone tried this? i've heard people say they heat up some water on the stove and stick their face over it to let the steam exfoliate. do you do aything before/after the steam?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I'm not sure that steam itself exfoliates. I know people use the steaming method to soften the skin, therefore allowing for easier extraction of blackheads. I personally believe that heat aggravates acne.

If you want to exfoliate properly, use a chemical exfoliant such as Salicylic or Glycolic acid. Maybe even take a peek at the Jessfoliation thread if you'd prefer to manually exfoliate.

James.

it isnt steam that help with the blakcheads ..it simply opens the pore smaking it easier to extract them by using a nose strip or sunthetic exfoliating brush. i use conaire's steam sauns thingy and i love it.

I don't think steam can exfoliates either. Steam can only help pore to open, then you can easily remove blackheads.

But what bother me always is that blackheads re-appear very quickly after I remove them.

Do you guy have same situation? And any good ideas?

my suggestion is to exfoliate everyday thats what i do and it keeps them away .. so exfoliate everyday day or every other day .. i always exfoliate right after school bc having makeup on all day is juss eww.

I do this all the time. The steam opens your poures and makes removing those nasty blackheads alot easier. After im done I usually rinse my face with cold water to make the pores close back up somewhat. I find this works pretty good.

anyone tried this? i've heard people say they heat up some water on the stove and stick their face over it to let the steam exfoliate. do you do aything before/after the steam?

i think steaming makes you oil glands more active. When i steamed only the harder sebum plugs came out easier, whereas the oilier blackhead plugs stayed in, so it depends i guess on what type of black heads you have. And afterwards i had more oil coming out of my nose.

My friend who doenst have blackheads or an oily nose went for steaming and kept wiping her nose cause it became so oily.

I second that it aggravates infected pimples.