Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buknoymaster

JUST HAD PUNCH FLOATS BY DR Y, PHOTOS INCLUDED

I just had punch floats last May 9 by Dr Y, below is the link to the before and after photos.

I told Dr Y to punch float as many scars as he can so that once I have the dermabrasion, I will have best results. I had a total of 65 punch floats. As you will see in the photos (see link below), not all of my scars were punch floated. I guess the ones that can be diminished by dermabrasion were left.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/buknoymaster/album?.dir=2fa6

Will post photos as I heal.

See related post by Dan T - punch float question

He just had the procedure done, the pics with the steri-strips are the current ones.

Good luck w/ your healing and with your dermabrasion.

So how long will you actually wait between the floats and the dermabrasion? I read in the other thread that you were going to be in the sun a lot in the coming months so you were going to wait.

He just had the procedure done, the pics with the steri-strips are the current ones.

Good luck w/ your healing and with your dermabrasion.

So how long will you actually wait between the floats and the dermabrasion? I read in the other thread that you were going to be in the sun a lot in the coming months so you were going to wait.

thank you animegirl. i have not set up a schedule yet for the dermabrasion, as a $2.5k deposit is required. aside from the fact that i will be under the sun, i just spent $3250 for the punch floats, so might as well wait and see how it will turn out. i'll probably have the dermabrasion by fall.

anyways, i have some few questions and would highly appreciate if you can answer them:

1. i read that you used neosporin and zinc oxide after the steri-strips fell off? did dr y recommend that?

2. did your punch floats also itch and did they bleed? it has been 2 days after the procedure and my face is very itchy at the moment, and it is still swollen.

3. what did you use to clean your face? I was told by dr y to use a mild soap, but not to rub my face. just let mixture of soap and water run down my face and rinse. then pat dry with towel. when i did this, there are traces of blood left on the towel. the dried blood on the steristrips were lessened but after a while, they were back.

i called dr y's clinic and was told that it is normal to have a little bit of bleeding. would like to add also that he lost one of the punch grafts so he had to stitch close one of the scars. dr y asked me to have somebody remove the stitch after a week.

I don't know about TCA cross, but I think punch floats has potential to work out great.

I was so careful about washing face that I basically just splashed water on and let it air dry maybe with some towel pats. I have shaved every day of my life for the last 40 years. I hated not shaving and not having a very clean face. As I have note before the ones that worked for me tned to be deeper/wider scars and worked great. It did not work for my tiny ice picks.

Best wishes for your healing.

1. i read that you used neosporin and zinc oxide after the steri-strips fell off? did dr y reccommend that?

2. did your punch floats also itch and did they bleed? it has been 2 days after the procedure and my face is very itchy at the moment, and it is still swollen.

3. what did you use to clean your face? I was told by dr y to use a mild soap, but not to rub my face. just let mixture of soap and water run down my face and rinse. then pat dry with towel. everytime i do this, there are traces of blood left on the towel. the dried blood on the steristrips would be lessened but after a while, they will be back.

i called dr y's clinic and was told that it is normal to have a little bit of bleeding. would like to add also that he lost one of the punch grafts so he had to stitch close one of the scars. dr y asked me to have somebody remove the stitch after a week.

1. No Dr. Y did not recommend the zinc oxide or the neosporin. I used those at my own discretion. When I had punch grafting done many years ago that was the method I used. I also followed this protocol after my first set of punch floats with Dr.Y and I healed very well. Zinc and neosporin are good to use to facilitate healing, at least in my case.

2. My floats did itch during the healing phase, that is very normal. I did not notice any post-op bleeding with my first set of floats, however, I did have 2 floats that slightly oozed a tiny bit of blood for about 6 hours after my second set of floats. I imagine the swelling is due to the high number of floats that you had done.

3. I did not get the steri-strips wet at all during my healing phase. I took a cotton pad, wet it and gently cleaned the exposed areas of skin. If I felt I was getting too oily, I would take a bit of witch hazel on the pad and wipe my exposed skin. I did not touch my strips until they began sliding off of my face.

I hope this helps!

Misty, this is REALLY helpful for me when I go back in 2 weeks; I did not do any of the things you suggested - basically just went about my business as usual. No wonder they didn't work! I am having 2 or 3 punched, and then the next day I'm going to TCA cross 1 (very small on my chin) and needle another box car (very small on my temple) as "test spots". I'll look as though I've been in a train wreck, but what the hell? (actually, maybe I won't; I'll only have 5 or 6 tiny spots), I'll see which works best on which of my scars and then go from there. I feel that if the cross spot doesn't work, I can just get it punched & vice versa. Surely ONE will be the bomb? Hell! I just ordered the 100% cross kit & need to get the diabetic needles from the drugstore.

How do you take such fabulous pictures? I really should track this progress since I'm doing all three methods at once. I'm going to take your advice and be SUPER careful and follow all of your supplemental and dietary tips since your punches have always turned out so fabulously. Cheers!!

Thanks so much for posting your pictures and documenting your progress. I hope your results are amazing when it is all done.

Thank you so much for all the well-wishers, especially to anime girl for answering my questions.

I did consider TCA cross, but i opted to have punch floats as in my opinion, this is a more reliable, effective and proven procedure.

There are still dried blood on the steri-strips, but the oozing of blood has lessened. I guess this is caused by the fact that my punch floats are too many and close to each other (65 total, 31 on left side and 34 on the right). Another problem I am having right now is this one steri-strip on my chin. My beard has started to grow and it is causing the strip to peel off prematurely.

I think i would also use zinc oxide and neosporin. I will post photos once the strips fall off.

CHRIS

^ what exactly did he do? isnt this procedure going to create more scars? Whats the down time? when can you see the results? are they permamnent? does it actually work? Im going crazyyy people, I dont know what to get down? arghhhhhhh

^ what exactly did he do? isnt this procedure going to create more scars? Whats the down time? when can you see the results? are they permamnent? does it actually work? Im going crazyyy people, I dont know what to get down? arghhhhhhh

You can get a pretty good idea of the procedure if you take a look at my Punch Float thread.

buknoymaster , Thanks for posting the picture. Does Dr give you an estimated recovery duration? Does Dr ask you to do further surgery (other than punch float)? Hope you have a nice result. Thank you.

Thank you so much for all the well-wishers, especially to anime girl for answering my questions.

I did consider TCA cross, but i opted to have punch floats as in my opinion, this is a more reliable, effective and proven procedure.

There are still dried blood on the steri-strips, but the oozing of blood has lessened. I guess this is caused by the fact that my punch floats are too many and close to each other (65 total, 31 on left side and 34 on the right). Another problem I am having right now is this one steri-strip on my chin. My beard has started to grow and it is causing the strip to fall of prematurely.

I think i would also use zinc oxide and neosporin. I will post photos once the strips fall off.

CHRIS

I just had punch floats last May 9 by Dr Y, below is the link to the before and after photos.

I told Dr Y to punch float as many scars as he can so that once I have the dermabrasion, I will have best results. I had a total of 65 punch floats. As you will see in the photos (see link below), not all of my scars were punch floated. I guess the ones that can be diminished by dermabrasion were left.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/buknoymaster/album?.dir=2fa6

Will post photos as I heal.

See related post by Dan T - punch float question

i have a few questions if you don't mind. :redface:

1. what are punch floats?

2. how much do they cost?

3. what type of scars are they for?

4. is it just one percedure?

5. how many(weeks,days,months,whatever) does it take for them to heal?

6. are the results permanent?

do keep us posted buknoy. and i can't really go into details about the questions you have. if someone else could, that be great.

i have a few questions if you don't mind. :redface:

1. what are punch floats?

2. how much do they cost?

3. what type of scars are they for?

4. is it just one percedure?

5. how many(weeks,days,months,whatever) does it take for them to heal?

6. are the results permanent?

Butterflies 74,

I am just curious: are you going to see Dr. Yarborough for what you mentioned? Thanks?

yep. he did 12 the first time, and as i said, they didn't work. i think this was my fault, frankly; i didn't know how fragile they were & thus didn't take the necessary precautions to ensure a successful outcome. Now, I have a BIG PLAN: i'm having him re-do 2 & then the next day I'm going to 100% TCA cross one scar & needle another & then compare. Sounds like alot, but it's only 4 tiny ice picks.

have you ever had punch floats?

Um, have you tried SEARCHING??!!!!!!!!! Anyway, to indulge your sloth:

1. a doc uses a small tool much like a cookie cutter to punch the ICE PICK scar (note: answer to #3) until he hits the scar tissue; then he pulls the skin up to where it is flush with the surrounding skin and anchors it with surgical tape.

2. $50 -$60 each

3. see #1

4. usually; some people do this before resurfacing for icepicks b/c they don't respond well to resurfacing alone. If they don't work (like mine), you can re-do them; one poster had them done 4 times! I am re-doing 2 in about 2 weeks to see if my post-op care (or lack thereof) was responsible for their failure.

5. 7-10 days; mine were not visable after 2 weeks (except for the holes) - no redness, etc.

6. If it WORKS, yes, the results are permanent.

do you know how to use the search tool, darlin'? I think these answers are IN THIS THREAD, lazybones!

lol yes i do know how to use the search tool but i'd rather find out information from someone who has exprienced this. isn't what these message boards are for? for people to discuss things... like PROCEDURES? yeah that's what i thought.

Butterflies 74,

I am just curious: are you going to see Dr. Yarborough for what you mentioned? Thanks?

yep. he did 12 the first time, and as i said, they didn't work. i think this was my fault, frankly; i didn't know how fragile they were & thus didn't take the necessary precautions to ensure a successful outcome. Now, I have a BIG PLAN: i'm having him re-do 2 & then the next day I'm going to 100% TCA cross one scar & needle another & then compare. Sounds like alot, but it's only 4 tiny ice picks.

have you ever had punch floats?

do keep me posted as you do the comparison between different treatment. good luck.

lol yes i do know how to use the search tool but i'd rather find out information from someone who has exprienced this. isn't what these message boards are for? for people to discuss things... like PROCEDURES? yeah that's what i thought.

I think she meant using the search function of the scar forum on this messageboard because punch floats is something that our members have talked about in great detail in the past. ;)

I think she meant using the search function of the scar forum on this messageboard because punch floats is something that our members have talked about in great detail in the past. ;)

hehe so i'm assuming the success rate for ice picks are high? hehe do enlighten me.