Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long does a tan take to fully fade? I've been going to tanning beds for almost 2 years now. ALl of last school year I went 30 minutes a week and this year I've only went like 10 minutes a week. And I'm stopping now. And I haven't tanned for like 3 weeks.. but my tan is hardly fading.

How long does a tan take to fully fade? I've been going to tanning beds for almost 2 years now. ALl of last school year I went 30 minutes a week and this year I've only went like 10 minutes a week. And I'm stopping now. And I haven't tanned for like 3 weeks.. but my tan is hardly fading.

Dont tanning beds give you cancer?

Holy shit man (or woman) thats a lot of tanning. Tanning that often must be real bad for you in the long run! However it probably makes marks less noticable.

Oh and I think if you reduce to once every 3 weeks your skin might get a bit lighter but stay tan. Melanin (not sure if its spelled right) probably dosnt change your skin that quick

Guest beanz

it might depend on your skin color. i went like 3-4 times a week for a month and haven't gone in about a month and a half and my tan is still there. i wasn't exactly pale to begin with tho. my best friend (who's white) goes tanning too but hers fades faster than mine.

Evidently everything gives you cancer though. Just sitting at a computer is probably cancerous. :rolleyes:

never been to the tanning before but i think it can take a real long time b/c a tan is like a pigmentation mark (of course it looks better) and i guess can take months to fully fade

depends on your skin type. my face fades quick but my chest doesnt so its become black, I gotta wear a shirt now if I want to use a bed.

unless you burn you can go on sunbeds as much as you want and not get skin cancer (FACT) so just make sure you dont stay on too long

unless you burn you can go on sunbeds as much as you want and not get skin cancer (FACT) so just make sure you dont stay on too long

I don't think that's entirely true. I just read something recently that said that skin cancer is at an all time high. Doctors used to predominantly see patients that were in their 50s and older that had spent too much time in the sun. Now patients are more typically in their late twenties/thirties and there are MANY more of them - they are linking the phenomenon to the fact that people think that tanning beds are safe and use them like crazy.

I have a light olive skin tone and went tanning from 16-18 years old, once or twice a week, usually once. My senior year of high school, I found out I had melanoma. I hardly ever burn, and had never burned in a tanning bed. If you go tanning, just be careful and mind what your body is telling you. I noticed a black dot on my arm, got it checked out, and sure enough, it was cancer. Scary, eh? Now, i do my tanning through sunless tanning. I am not lecturing, because many people can go tanning and be completly fine. Oh, and my tans last about a month. ;)

It took about two years of seeing minimal sunlight for my tan to fade, and I'm still nowhere near being pure white (despite what the flash in my avatar pic would have you believe), but I'm capable of getting very dark. My dad is practically black. It really depends on how much pigment is there, which depends on your ethnic background and on how tan you actually got.