Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accesskb

Nose bleeding daily while on accutane

Hi all,

I'm currently on tane, alternating between 40 and 80 each day. Lately I've had nose bleeds very often, almost everyday. They aren't the minor type I've experienced before going on tane, rather I've noticed that lots more blood come out and its harder to stop it. I decided to skip the last required blood test due to this, and now my doctor has left a message saying I need to get my blood tested.

What I'm wondering is does this happen to many? should I be concerned? and btw I do try and moisturize my nose as often as I can.

thnx

I started March 1st and for the first 2 months I had killer nose bleeds, but they have subsided. I still get them, but not as often. Maybe 2 or 3 a month now.

Skipping a blood test because of a health concern is the stupidest idea ever. That said, I wouldn't worry about nose bleeds too much. I had a fortnight or so where my nose would bleed, say, about 5-6 times a week. Go get your blood tested and keep your finger outta that nose.

once it starts bleeding it's kind of a vicious cycle and won't stop. it can't heal because it keeps getting irritated. don't blow your nose or pick it! and once you break the cycle of re-opening cuts or whatever causes nose bleeds, it'll heal and won't bleed anymore.

I got nosebleeds after like 2 months. I had bleeds for 2 or 3 days (1 a day). After that I had blood in nose for like a week but no bleeds. I took 40 mg/day (I'm taking 60mg/day) for a week back then (for another reason) and blood disappeared completely.

Now I'm using nose drops with oil and had no blood for weeks.

Don't skip a blood test. Your doctor most likely won't discontinue your treatment just because you have excessive nosebleeds. The blood test is primarily for your Triglyceride levels.