Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weezle

What helped me in a few days

Hi guys

I would like to tell you what made me almost 100% clear (coming from mild acne) in a few days:

Diet:

* No more cornflakes or morningcereal

* 1 bottle of actimel every morning

* eat a lot of veggies and fruit, don't eat meat every day

* quit drinking coffee and coca-cola

Skincare:

Morning:

* wash with dove soap for sensitive skin

* Normaderm hydrating creme for sensitive and acne-prone skin

Evening:

* Wash with dove soap for sensitive skin, and rub it in with a toothbrush (kinda like jessfoliation)

* Scrub with bakingsoda

* apply 1:1 apple cider vinegar/water with a cotton. Rinse off after a few minutes

* apply teatree-oil from The body Shop all over your face

This is very simple and cheap and really got me almost 100% clear in about 5 days....

curious: what's actimel?

Its that little milky drink thing isn't it? Full of good bacteria and all that!?

Yup... I don't know you have it in the U.S. ... I'm from Belgium

Just wanted to update you guys: I've bene doing this regimen for a few more week now and I literally have gotten only 2 more zits :-) For the rest I'm 100% clear, and my redmarks are definitely fading :-D halleluja!!!

they sell stuff like actimel in the US, look in the yogurt section for little bottles of liquidy yogurt stuff... i think danimals has one and there's one for grownups too lol

When my face is still moist from the 'jessfoliation', I put some baking soda in my hands, slap it on my face and rub it in. then I rinse immediately.

The whole process of jessfoliation, baking soa and apple cider only takes me about 6 minutes.

hey, nice work! I might give this a go considering it's pretty close to what I do already anyway :)

I take actimels too :) I really like them!! I've been on antibiotics long-term so i need to 'top-up' my good bacteria lol.

Thank you for sharing. Lucy x

hehe i drink actimel in the mornings!

co-insidence?

or is there something in actimel maybe that helps to combat acne?

hmmmmmmmm *strokes beard like a genius*

i thin if you only had mild acne changing your diet will clear you up. I had moderate a couple of years ago and changing my diet cleared me up, now i only get the odd small pimple now and then and my skin looks healthy

i thin if you only had mild acne changing your diet will clear you up. I had moderate a couple of years ago and changing my diet cleared me up, now i only get the odd small pimple now and then and my skin looks healthy

you do grow out of acne however, it might just be that you went through the acne stage :)

diet is a factor but not a MAJOR one from my experience.

ive always eaten healthy.

but i had to combine it with a bp regimen to get my skin actually clear :)

doesn't the dove soap clog your pores?

i tried it a few years back... it faded my red marks with consistent use, but i started getting clogged pores... :( alhtough i loved it

Yeah, I got clogged pores too --> from the dove soap BAR.... now i use a cleaningcream... it's different and made especially for sensitive facial skin

agree with most of this

However doesnt actimel contain MILK which is a big aggrevator for ppl with acne/diet link

Any thoughts?

Well, I'm actually lactose-intolerant = hence no more eating breakfast cereal etc.... Actimel however doens't seem to have a bad effect on me... honestly, I don't know why

Is that the only way anyone saw results was from eating healthy because I don't have enough money to buy healthy food its really expensive...I guess thats why I still have acne.