Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

A question to those that treat acne mainly by diet / holistic means

So this is mainly directed towards those of us who have decided to use diet, cleansing, supplements, etc. to treat acne as opposed to relying on BP, SA, etc.

Obviously some of us have been kind of disillusioned by topicals, I know I have. But which ones do you still incorporate into your regime?

Personally, I still cleanse my face daily of course. But other then that, my main acne fighting protocol topically would be Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, that stuff is amazing for pulling all the shit out of your pores, drying up pimples, and mostly helping your face heal faster. I use it as a spot treatment.

I also use the Proactiv mask which is similar but has a couple more ingredients like tea tree oil, but after the bottle runs out I'm done with that stuff - too expensive compared to QH which is under 5 bucks.

Jojoba oil is a really nice natural moisturizer when your skin gets dry, for the 2% that still aren't in the know about that stuff.

And aloe vera is great stuff as far as helping pimples heal faster and helping lessen the red marks they leave, but other then that it doesn't have that much effect.

How about the rest of you?

Well, Along with a healthy diet, I use the Proactiv Repairing Lotion, and Proactiv Oil Free moisturizer.....And once a week I use the Proactiv Mask, which is WAY more powerful than Queen Helen mint julep.

If I don't watch my diet, I will still break out, I had 2 doughnuts on Sunday, and I woke up monday with 2 huge cysts on my forhead, and I NEVER break out on my forhead!

Diet is important, but I still think its not enough. For some reason, the Proactiv BP works better for me than Dans

I used to use Proactive, used it for well over 5 years but got off all chemical skin care. I found in the long run it was really pulling a number on my skin's condition.

I now rotate between an all natural tomato based facial bar and At Last Naturals Sul Ray bar for problem skin which works really well. Also, I use pure aloe vera which keeps my skin healthy and it worked wonders in eliminating the red marks I had left from my former acne spots. I apply it in the morning it gives my face a protective barrier and prevents dirt from reaching my pores.

Are the Proactive and Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque masks anything like the bentonite/apple cider vinegar masks? Which one works best?

Thanks.

So this is mainly directed towards those of us who have decided to use diet, cleansing, supplements, etc. to treat acne as opposed to relying on BP, SA, etc.

Obviously some of us have been kind of disillusioned by topicals, I know I have. But which ones do you still incorporate into your regime?

Personally, I still cleanse my face daily of course. But other then that, my main acne fighting protocol topically would be Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, that stuff is amazing for pulling all the shit out of your pores, drying up pimples, and mostly helping your face heal faster. I use it as a spot treatment.

I also use the Proactiv mask which is similar but has a couple more ingredients like tea tree oil, but after the bottle runs out I'm done with that stuff - too expensive compared to QH which is under 5 bucks.

Jojoba oil is a really nice natural moisturizer when your skin gets dry, for the 2% that still aren't in the know about that stuff.

And aloe vera is great stuff as far as helping pimples heal faster and helping lessen the red marks they leave, but other then that it doesn't have that much effect.

How about the rest of you?

I use pure tea tree oil. Sometimes I will incorporate Vitamin E oil for a little extra moisturizing...don't need to often though (skin is hydrated by diet with Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acid supplements.

murad face wash

N.v perricone toner

tea tree oil for spots (organic)

and rosehip oil for redness/scars(organic)

the topicals i use are olive oil, glycerine soap, bentonite clay with acv mask, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and Desert Essence Blemish touch stick

i also LOVE the desert essence blemish stick (Ingredients: Grain alcohol, witch hazel, tea tree oil, essential oils of calendula, blue chamomile, rosemary, lavender, thyme, birch, and petite grain)..

and i use baking soda as a exfoliant but only once every 3 days - otherwise it's too drying. i cleanse morning and night with a gentle natural bar soap containing aloe vera and use jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

Besides washing my face with soap or herbal based face wash I don't use any topicals. I tend to treat acne as a signal from my body. To me it says that you have overtaxed your body and you need to cut back for a while. I don't want to suppress that signal from my body, and that's why I'm not using any topical treatments.