Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhjh

drink LOTS of water!!!

Water helps with anything, especially skin. It flushes out the system and rehydrates you.

If you stop drinking soda, juice, coffee, and pretty much anything but water, you can also lose a noticeable amount of weight.

And last I checked, our bodies were 70% water. This is our brain fluid, in our blood, in our organs, in our skin, our eyes. Every part of us contains some water.

I have no idea how someone could drink one or two large glasses of water per hour (or even three liters a day). Oh well, I won't judge because I am not in your shoes. I don't even drink eight glasses of water a day. I drink lots of other beverages whose content is more than 98% water (fruit juices for instance). It really doesn't come down to drinking pure water, but drinking beverages whose content of water is sufficient. I should increase my intake of pure water, however. But anyways, yes I was informed about hyperhydration, but I didn't think anyone actually would drink that much water! :confused: Anyways, I think eight glasses of water a day is great... if one can drink that much. However drinking fruit juices (not the fake stuff) can substitute some. In fact, any non-dehydrating beverage made up of water can help substitute. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please.

, John

Water is god's gift to mankind. Even coke and food contains water.

I prefer to think of it as nature's gift to mankind. I do not believe in God as defined by popularized human religions. I am Agnostic. ;)

this only works for so long I use to drink 12-15 cups a day and my skin was clear then it wears off now I usually drink 6-8 cups a day w/4-6 cups off honeybush tea or greentea a day without sugar

Drinking loads of water helped my skin so much! I came across this site that gave some great tips, especially for my diet, I would recommend you check it out! www.acnefighters.com :dance:

Best treatment EVER! Fast, efficient. The day after I had drank 1.75 L of water, there was no more bump on my face, my acne was recovering, redness was fading away. But 3 days later I had a breakthrough but I assume this is due to those spots that were there before just waiting for the moment they'll get cleaned. Being perseverant should do the trick and in a month it should help you keep a clean skin without too much problem + it's really good for your health. I'm also thinking about investing in brita filter or any other water filter as this is a liquid we MUST drink alot daily.

Yes! Yes!

90% of people suffer unawarely of consequences of dehydration

The Nation Research Council suggests an "ideal" water intake to avoid chronic dehydrate which is 1.5 ml for every Kcal consumed. It's an awful lot of water, almost 25 glasses a day for most people and people who are already dehydrated need more than that.

Water is a magic substance: what drinking an ideal intake of water daily and avoid dehydration do also for muscular growth and visceral fat burning is incredible

Danny

We have differin, benzoyl peroxide, accutane, doxyciline, salicylic acid, azelaic acid, clindamycin, teatree oils, special blue-lamps that kill acne bacteria,... the list goes on forever.

We have diets that help you, I even have a hypnosis tape (!!!! doesn't help though..lol...go figure) that is supposed to help acne!

And now, now you people say that water helps (and to my surprise, almost colectively - practically nobody disagrees with this)?

Well I'll try it, hope it works :).

Water is for life, people!! It is the best treatment for MANY things. For me, it has cleared up acne. It makes me feel really good. I was depressed a few years ago and tried lots of medicines, but they all had side effects and made me feel like I wasn't really here. Then I decided to cut out caffeine, chocolate and sugar, and drink LOTS of water. The results?... Lots of energy, feeling good, able to concentrate much better, feel motivated and not depressed!

Cut out the junk food and drink, cut out these stupid schemes involving taking vitamins and herbs - it's all just commercialized rubbish designed for corporate companies to make money. Even doctors will lie to your face because there is money in it for those concerned.

Yes I would agree that water doesn't taste too good, but once you've stuck with the routine of just drinking water for a few days and cutting out the coffee, tea, sodas, you'll get used to it and never look back. It just seems so natural to go get a glass of water now than bother with opening up a can of coke or making a coffee. I think having a coffee first thing in the morning is probably OK though.... everything in moderation :D

Yes I would agree that water doesn't taste too good,

When you have run, ridden your bike, swum, played basketball for 1 hour nothing tastes better than fresh cold water afterwards :)

Danny