Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhjh

drink LOTS of water!!!

have u guys also tried putting hot water in a bown then putting a blanked over the top and basically having a sauna... I rekon that helps also.. i tried it the other day ... woke up the next morning looking great! (but also due to drinking heaps of water!)

ADD a few a squeezes of fresh lemon to every bottle you drink for a week and watch years of acne begin to fade...... I did!

GO MOTHER EARTH! GOD provides us what we need in the simplest forms, we are just too stooopud to realize it.

As mentioned, there aren't a lot of studies out there proving there is a correlation between acne and eating poorly and as a person with a strict science background I hate to admit it, but I completely disagree with everything I've read on this subject.

I too have tried many different treatments: ery, tetra, doxy, BP, SA, Mino, retin-a and more with no real success. The best thing I've ever done for my face is eat no junk food, cut out colas, and start exercising - I am not overweight, however. Although my face still produces a lot of oil, it hasn't looked this good in a long time...and it seems to be staying this way. With only an occasional breakout, any blemishes that occur seem to go away (or greatly subside) by the next day.

As mentioned, sometimes the simplest of solutions seem to be the correct one. I would always recommend this as kind of a 'treatment.' The best part about doing these things is it has BENEFICIAL side effects: helping cholesterol, blood pressure, helping you sleep better, making you feel more energized. I don't know of any derm who would be opposed to such a thing.

Not suggesting this as some miracle answer but isn't it worth a shot? You really have nothing to lose (except pounds)

How much water a day should a person with acne drink?

Whether you have acne or not, a good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight(lbs.) in ounces a day. If you do more than a normal ammount of physical activity, it is recommended that you drink more.

I basically say constantly drink water... If ur not going to the toilet every 30mins or less ur not drinking enough! lol...

Just dont drink heaps at one time coz it can make u feel sick .. spread drinking constantly over the day rather tahn bam all at once.

Ok I'm going to try it. And if anyone else is like me and thinks in pints, a quick calculation told me 4 litres (as recommended) is about 7 pints. I drink from a pint glass so that's easy enough. jim

this is so true.

one of my friends had mild acne going towards moderate. she was really self-concious about it, and she wanted to go to the derm to get accutane (she just wanted to see it disappear)...

her mom suggested that she drink 3 liters of waters a day before she actually get accutane. as a last resort, my friend did it. she washed her face 3x a day with an antibacterial cleanser and drank 3 liters of water, sometimes more... she said the more water she drank, the more water her body needed... she never knew her body required that much water...

well, i saw her a few weeks ago, and i am a very difficult critic, but i truly admit that her skin is spotless. she doesn't have any marks, and i think water had a lot to do with it.

guess what i'm doing now?

I basically say constantly drink water... If ur not going to the toilet every 30mins or less ur not drinking enough! lol...

Just dont drink heaps at one time coz it can make u feel sick .. spread drinking constantly over the day rather tahn bam all at once.

yeah i always drink water throughout the day. not to mention i drink a 1.5 liter bottle before i go to work and another one during my lunch break, then another one when i come home. i easily consume over 1.5 gallons every single day. and i only could imagine how bad my face would look if i didn't drink all that water and drank other beverages instead.

Yeah i had a bad meal last night, i had like a full thing of pepsi and like a KFC meal ( i usually aint a junk food person ), and i have to say i woke up this morning with quite a few more whiteheads than wanting... so i'm pumping the water!

I can't do the water thing. I get motivated on the first couple days but then i just couldn't be bothered anymore. Having to run to the toilet every 5 minutes is annoying too.

How much is a gallon? We use litres over here..

yeah, i dont feel like having to piss everywhere i go.

besides, i eat lots of chocolate, drink soda as much as the next guy, and my skin has cleared up just fine. it may do it faster with water, but water is hardly a neccessity.

So weird. I stopped drinking everything besides water for the last 3ish weeks and now my acne is basically gone. I totally just thought it was how I take a shower at morning and night. But I guess that this could probably be helping it too.

For the past five days I've been drinking a lot of water and my face has never been more clear! Most of the time I drank juice or tea when I wanted something, ignoring water because it "doesn't have that much of a taste". I started drinking a lot of water to flush out a urinary track infection, not only did I get rid of my infection I got super clear skin. I must add, my skin isn't as oily either and it looks so much more healthy!

For the past five days I've been drinking a lot of water and my face has never been more clear! Most of the time I drank juice or tea when I wanted something, ignoring water because it "doesn't have that much of a taste". I started drinking a lot of water to flush out a urinary track infection, not only did I get rid of my infection I got super clear skin. I must add, my skin isn't as oily either and it looks so much more healthy!

THIS IS REALLY GREAT. :clap:

I've been drinking LOTS and LOTS of water for the past 14 days and it has cleared my skin, too. It's really cool. I got rid of all those bumps right under my skin, that made my skin look uneven and dirty. And NO NEW ZITS :dance: , even though I just got my period!!!

PPL, DRINK YOUR WATER :wavey: !

I agree..I should be drinking more water. I just find I get bloated if I drink to much. And this might be a dumb question to ask..but how much glasses of water equals 5 Litres?..

I agree with water. Water is an EXCELLENT detoxifier. It doesn't matter what acne treatment you use, if water isn't part of it, you are going to struggle. And don't think drinking tea or coffee or anything else is going to replace water, it doesn't. Softdrinks,coffee and tea are all diuretic drinks. They actually take water out of your body. The only other thing that actually contains WATER is milk.

Drink water...lots of it...but make sure it's purified.

Regards,

galloe :cool:

I agree..I should be drinking more water. I just find I get bloated if I drink to much. And this might be a dumb question to ask..but how much glasses of water equals 5 Litres?..

5 litres is quite a lot. Isn't that double your recommended daily dosage? well, it depends on how active you are I guess. If 2 litres is supposedly 8 glasses, then 5 litres will be........ you do the math.

For Three years I have experimented on and off with water to see if it works. These are my results.

Trial # 1.. No improvement-(possibly other cuases such as switching meds.)

Trial # 2... Gallon a Day Baby! Distilled Arrowhead Water-bought gallon bottles from Vons.

( Compliments on how healthy my skin looks-holy, that's definitly a first)

After 2 why did i stop??? (i'm stupid) Face is worse again

Trial # 3...Back on the water baby, and my face is feeling so much better. I can really feel those toxins leave my body after urinating..I feel just SOO GREAT..

Conclusion-WATER is the BEST possible treatment for acne!!

Move over hair loss from tane, move over red skin from lasers, here comes water! I love it.

Also, Try adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to you water in the morning, It helps even more. Just drink it with a straw, as the lemon juice cause tooth enamel decay.

Haha great breakdown 5... alot of scientific research went into it i see! lol thanks for sharing ur thoughts.

Yeah i have to agree water drinking doesnt cure overnight but it seems to...

I drunk nothing but water for about 2 months before and my skin looks great, But unfortunatly My dad bought a big pack of coke. And i just got addicted to it again. But im back on the water again, And am Determine to stay on it.

A question:

Is it alright to drink tap water? I really cant afford to buy loads of bottles of water :e

I drunk nothing but water for about 2 months before and my skin looks great, But unfortunatly My dad bought a big pack of coke. And i just got addicted to it again. But im back on the water again, And am Determine to stay on it.

A question:

Is it alright to drink tap water? I really cant afford to buy loads of bottles of water :e

i drink any where from 4 to 8 glasses a day no seeing to many results but im going to start drinking lemon water in the am now i drink it with dinner with v8 this may also help because it has alot of vit A in it.