Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhjh

drink LOTS of water!!!

over the past couple of days, ive been doing my regular regimen, but ive also been drinking half a gallon to a gallon of water again, and eating a bowl of canned peaches. Let me tell you, WOW what a difference! overall ive just felt healthier, and my skin has just started to get better, seems with like the flick of the wrist.

Im sure that many of you (like myself) will spend a half and hour or an hour watching tv/being on the computer. My best advice is to get a large pitcher, contaner, or whatever, run over to your sink and just start drinking. The peaches also help beacuse they are rich with vitamin D.

Im almost positive if you drink alot of water everyday, along with whatever other treatments your doing, your skin will clear up!

(i know that there arnt any scientific experiments or whatever to prove this, but also try to cut back on foods such as chocolate, and stuff with alot of sugar, they have always made me break out)

Good luck to all!

yeah that is the truth drinking lots of water will help you not break out as much or not breakout at all! and i don't care what people say chocolate does help a lot of people breakout, same with sodas and food containing lots of sugar.

Mike i have to agree man, i know its not proven but ... i'm a water drinker and i have noticed huge improvements plus the look of my face just looks soo much better compared to when i wasnt drinking heaps. I had a thing of coke yesterday and today my face has a few new small pimples... however the days before i've just been drinking water and the pimples on my face have just been growing smaller and smaller all thats left is just red...

I think it will take roughly a month to have my skin looking great!! ive only been drinking for a week and even my attitude towards things have picked up ... i dont feel as lazy for some reason when i'm drinking heaps of water besides running to the toilet every 5mins.

Mike i have to agree man, i know its not proven but ... i'm a water drinker and i have noticed huge improvements plus the look of my face just looks soo much better compared to when i wasnt drinking heaps. I had a thing of coke yesterday and today my face has a few new small pimples... however the days before i've just been drinking water and the pimples on my face have just been growing smaller and smaller all thats left is just red...

I think it will take roughly a month to have my skin looking great!! ive only been drinking for a week and even my attitude towards things have picked up ... i dont feel as lazy for some reason when i'm drinking heaps of water besides running to the toilet every 5mins.

yeah i used to drink about 4-5 cans of soda a day now maybe i drike 2-3 cans per week. i either drink water or fruit juice....major improvement.

YES....hands down....water=good skin

[/quote/]

"enough" water though ;) i say a gallon a day keeps the doctor away haha water is the most important thing in our body right next to air, it keeps everything working and we need alot of it.

remember kids, your body is 98% water..that should tell ya somethin...YOU NEED IT! lol

Agreed. I completely cut soda out of my diet, I haven't had a Coke or Pepsi since before Christmas 2005. I also feel bad when I don't get enough water

Guest TylerD

I love water. Actually for the past 3 days I have drinkin nothin but water and my face has never looked better. Water deffinitely helps make your skin glow and bring some color to it. Also helps with pores, red marks etc....really makes the skin look good.

I've been drinking between 2-3 litres of water daily for the past few weeks, and I've also been clear for a few weeks. Coincidence? I think not.

I've been drinking about 2-4 liters a day, its def. reduced my breakouts. I believe breakouts can be stopped if we just monitor what we're doing that could be bad for us.

water forms powerful bonds with other things in our bodies so it has the ability to take out toxins with it. Remember folks dont overdo it, if your not doing anything strenuous, 2-3 litres is good for a day, depends really on weight, but dont go doing 5 litres a day.

I think i'm doing about 5 litres a day .. :( but i do heaps of sport etc and i'm not small so i guess its not bad... plus i'm afraid if i drink less water now i'd be un-hydrated so in turn i drink heaps!

I think i'm doing about 5 litres a day .. :( but i do heaps of sport etc and i'm not small so i guess its not bad... plus i'm afraid if i drink less water now i'd be un-hydrated so in turn i drink heaps!

if your doing heaps of sports then thats different. obviously

as long as your active there's nothing wrong with that because as you sweat your losing water so you need to get it back into you.

I've actually registered only to report that the 'drinking lots of water' thing really works, at least for mild acne. I have been drinking about half a gallon EACH day for the past 10 days and my skin looks really good, no new breakouts.

Try it, but you must really stick to it...like glue your bottle to your hand, because many of us think we drink enough, but we really don't.

Guest TylerD

I dont know how much water I drink. All I know is thats all I drink. Once and a while I have milk or something but I dont drink pop much. Some days I have over 10 glasses of water and some days I have only 4 but it seems to be doing the job. yay for water.

I rekon a month of drinking heaps of water could even have the equivilant of accutane lol. (dont quote me on that ... thats speculation) Water is the bomb! every day i notice an improvement! less whiteheads... less itchyness of the face! just gotta wait for the scars to go away :/

I can't do the water thing. I get motivated on the first couple days but then i just couldn't be bothered anymore. Having to run to the toilet every 5 minutes is annoying too.

How much is a gallon? We use litres over here..

yea same i only know it in litres, but i think a gallon is like 3.5 litres or something, but im not sure.

water flushes out most toxins in the body, thats why its very good. but over drinking it can flush out minerals in the body which are important for healthy skin.

just take vitamin supplements with ur water if ur worried about loosing vitamins and minerals! I'm sure ur not gonna loose that much minerals from drinking water!

Motivation is like the gym... u go to look good if u stop u look crap. Same with water :D

yeah that is the truth drinking lots of water will help you not break out as much or not breakout at all! and i don't care what people say chocolate does help a lot of people breakout, same with sodas and food containing lots of sugar.

even tho there is no link between food and acne iebelieve there is .. chocolate has never done anything to my afce in fatc i couldnt live w/o having it lol ... but all that junk food if u eat so much not only is ba don ur whole but ur skin as well. Toxins build up and they nee dot get out somewhere soo they leave through your skin causing seevera cne. Now the saying is true .. "You Are What You Eat" .. i mean how many unhealthy .. or overwight ppl do you see who eat healthy and exercise? they look great .. but do you see any healthy ppl who live off Burger King/Wendys/McDonalds? umm no they ussually look rather greasy and over weight. I mean once ina while fast food wont kill u i mena i havent had anyhting like that in almost a year :) but i still eat SubWay which i think having a sub is better than a deep fried burger lol.

Idk how ppl enjoy soda i stopepd drinkign it like a year or 2 ago and now its wayy to sweet for me and now it makes my tummy hurt lol. My boyfriends parnts only drink Diert Soda .. and his brother to but he also drink gatorade. Thank god my b/f doesnt i have made him a healthier eater even tho he never drank soda he still drank juices things high in sugar ..now all he drinks is water :) I hope you all know or for ppl who still drink diet coke .. if you drink as much a shis aprtents do your bodies will actually tuen the diet coke into phermaldahyde which us a substance to stop decompsition now they dont even use phermaldahyde anymore bc it is so dangerous and what does this conclude that DIET COKE IS exteremly dangerous on your body.

but do you see any healthy ppl who live off Burger King/Wendys/McDonalds? umm no they ussually look rather greasy and over weight.

I used to live off fast food and I have never weighed more than 8 stone. Not all junk food freaks are overweight.

However, saying that, although I was skinny, I knew I wasn't healthy. So in that respect you are right.

even if u do live off junk food skinny or not (all has to do with metabolism) your body is internally suffering and externally. .. what do u mean 8 stone?

over the past couple of days, ive been doing my regular regimen, but ive also been drinking half a gallon to a gallon of water again, and eating a bowl of canned peaches. Let me tell you, WOW what a difference! overall ive just felt healthier, and my skin has just started to get better, seems with like the flick of the wrist.

Im sure that many of you (like myself) will spend a half and hour or an hour watching tv/being on the computer. My best advice is to get a large pitcher, contaner, or whatever, run over to your sink and just start drinking. The peaches also help beacuse they are rich with vitamin D.

Im almost positive if you drink alot of water everyday, along with whatever other treatments your doing, your skin will clear up!

(i know that there arnt any scientific experiments or whatever to prove this, but also try to cut back on foods such as chocolate, and stuff with alot of sugar, they have always made me break out)

Good luck to all!

yea....dats sooooooooooo true....n did u kno, fer every 15 kilos u weigh, u shud drink one litre o water...? it flushes out all da toxins in da body n clears the skin... helps a LOT....