Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
summer21

mineral makeup in CANADA

hey all! im from canada and have been trying to decide what type of mineral makeup i should buy. i have ordered some samples from everyday minerals bout 3 weeks ago n they havent arrived yet. i was thinking about buying pur minerals which they sell at the shopping channel but its kinda expensive. i was wondering if anyone here has tried pur minerals and whether or not it is worth spending the cash on? or if anyone knows of a better mineral makeup that is worth tryin and is easy to get in canada.

ps.

i previously tried cover fx for about a year and i found that it was too cakey-looking and broke me out. so if anyone is thinking about buying it i would advise them not to.

thank you:)

I am from the Toronto region and purchased Bare Escentuals mineral makeup starter kit at sephora... it really was not that good and i currently rarely use it... it didnt give me the coverage i needed and my skin got oddly shiny with it after only as short amount of time... so i simpy stick to almay stays clear foundation and cover fx oil blotting pressed powder on top for coverage...

Bentley*

Physician's Formula has a new pressed and loose mineral powder out. You can get it at Shopper's. I have the pressed, which I use just for quick light coverage, and I've never tried any other mineral makeup to compare. But it's really gentle and totally non-irritating. The PF powders have been getting raves on the MakeupAlley site too!

thanks for the replies!

ok so i decided to try a few diff types of mineral makeup and heres what i think:

1)physicians formula mineral wear talc-free mineral loose powder

-cost: $15 for 14 g jar at walmart

-i thought it was easy to apply cuz it comes with a little kabuki brush

-it says its made for extra sensitive or breakout-prone skin

-hypoallergenic. fragrance-free. oil-free. talc-free. non-comedogenic. dermatologist approved.

-overall coverage was medium and i liked how it felt i didnt have anything on

-the only thing is i bought the buff beige and it seems a little lighter when i put it on than it looked in the jar so try to test it before you buy it

-site: http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_li...S&categorid=108

apparently these are the ingredients in PF that were on EM site but its from 2001 so you cant be too sure its true

Water, Titanium Dioxide, C12-15 Alkyl Octanoate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Stearic Acid, Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecanol, Propylene Glycol Stearate SE, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cellulose Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Isopropyl Lanolate, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Mica, Talc, Ultramarines©2001 Physicians Formula Cosmetics, Inc.

2)everyday minerals

-cost: free samples 3 jars/$5 for s+h

-i thought it looked a little shiny but i order the original glo

-i liked how they give you 3 shades to choose so you can blend your own

-overall coverage was medium and i liked how it felt i didnt have anything on

-the samples were decent and prolly 3 times more than what you would get with the more expensive types

-site: www.everydayminerals.com

-ingredients in everyday minerals are Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

check em out and let me know whatcha think!

peace

i used to religiously use BE. however on a whim, i decided to try the PF loose mineral powder, and was blown away. the texture, coverage, and feeling are all amazing, better than BE. although i would recommend getting a good quality brush or two (i still love my BE brushes <3), because they apply the make-up infinately better than the brush that comes with it.