Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to a search engine and typed in acne breakfast because I'm having a hard time to find something to eat then. I just eat 2 organic waffles.

Then I came across the no breakfast acne diet and it seems like it's quite popular. I'm thinking about saving the waffles for lunch along with my sandwich. And then eat some other things later one as well. Has anyone has any kind of success with this?

I heard skipping breakfast was really bad cos you need fats in the morning to keep your liver flowing. Plus man you're gonna be hungry! There's loads of good stuff to eat at breakfast: eggs, bananas...

Well, the eggs and bananas like own my skins so I can't eat that.

Like I got this cereal over the weekend that's wheat free, but I forgot that processed foods aren't good.

I usually have an apple and soymilk for breakfast along with my flax oils and coconut oil. Keeps me sustained for a while.

Maybe you should try cutting out the waffles and sandwich and stick to as many raw foods as possible?

I would definitely skip breakfast or have something light (like fruits). Your body is detoxing throughout the night and if you eat heavy breakfast it is forced to stop this process.

You'll get used to having light or no breakfast pretty quickly. Feeling hungry is usually just a 'learned response' from your body. Here's some more info on the subject:

http://chetday.com/nobreakfast.htm

I don't eat breakfast, but that's just me.

But like sepsi said, keep your breakfast meals light and raw. The body is still going through a detox period in the moring, so eating a bunch of heavy cooked foods isn't going to do you any good. Whoever thought eating a huge plate of bacon, eggs, sausages, and buttery biscuits in the morning (or any time for that matter) was a good idea ought to be shot.

Don't let anyone tell you breakfast isn't important or that it's bad for you. Eating an unhealthy breakfast may be bad for you, but so is eating an unhealthy lunch or an unhealthy dinner.

If you don't get food into your body within an hour or so of waking, your body starts getting it's energy from other sources, and the main source is your bodies muscle. Secondly, if you skip breakfast your more likely to binge throughout the day, eating more than you should. Third, getting a fair amount of protein in the morning is essential to a healthy diet, as it kickstarts your metabolism and aids in your metabolism throughout the day.

As far as acne is concerned? Unhealthy food is unhealthy food, regardless of when you eat it. I personally eat a bowl of oatmeal, or a piece of bread with peanut butter and a banana.

There are various products that you can eat. For waffles there are the bucwheat waffles i believe made by lifestream. They sell those inmy Stop&Shop and PAthmark. I also saw wheat free waffles by Vans but they don'ttaste that great. The lifestream stuff is amazing. Even my friends were amazed.

As for cereal there are Barbara's Puffins. They come in 3 flavors but peanut butter is the best. There are other cereals available but I stick to that. Get some Alternative Baking cookies. They offer 2 wheat free cookies both of which are amazing. Other than that I think oatmeal and honey or raisins is good.

why wheat free?

is rolled oats and steel cut oats, wheat free? because i eat them all day everyday lol

i've also read a lot about the no breakfast plan. but personally i cant bring myself to do it. i just dont function well without it...and who even knows if it will help stop acne. i eat a bowl of cerial or oatmeal and soymilk every morning.

u know...i thought about this before...bc my skin was the BEST ever in highschool...when i did not have breakfast...no problems at all w skin...and i only started getting problems after i started eating too much food...AND BREAKFAST...now i try to avoid eating before 12 AND eat less and my skins tons better

For breakfast I have:

1 bottle of water

1 or 2 fruit, usually a bannana yum :)

1 probiotic drink called 'actimel'

Cup of Green Tea/Rooibos Tea

This suits me fine :)

Not having breakfast is really bad for your body. Your metabolism is slowed down from the sleeping and the body is feeling weak. With the water you're having in the morning your metabolism will speed up and become very hungry by lunch. At lunch when ur extremely hungry ur gonna have so much food which ur stomach will mostly store for later (yes it will) which will most likely be stored as fat. Plus another topic here says that overeating is bad for u. So IMO no breakfast may be good for the skin but bad for the body.

My breakfast:

- apple

- oatmeal made with rice milk or musli made with rice milk

- water (ofcourse)

Don't let anyone tell you breakfast isn't important or that it's bad for you.

Secondly, if you skip breakfast your more likely to binge throughout the day, eating more than you should.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You should always eat breakfast- even if it's just a peice of toast or a bowl of muesli.

Don't let anyone tell you breakfast isn't important or that it's bad for you.

Secondly, if you skip breakfast your more likely to binge throughout the day, eating more than you should.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You should always eat breakfast- even if it's just a peice of toast or a bowl of muesli.

Yeah, I agree with the above.

Unless... its a sunday... in which case I usually roll out of bed 5 minutes before lunch anyway :doh:

A small breakfast is best unless you're going to be doing a lot of moving afterwards. If you're gonna be sitting at a desk, a piece of fruit and mug of tea should suit you.

Not having breakfast is really bad for your body. Your metabolism is slowed down from the sleeping and the body is feeling weak. With the water you're having in the morning your metabolism will speed up and become very hungry by lunch. At lunch when ur extremely hungry ur gonna have so much food which ur stomach will mostly store for later (yes it will) which will most likely be stored as fat. Plus another topic here says that overeating is bad for u. So IMO no breakfast may be good for the skin but bad for the body.

My breakfast:

- apple

- oatmeal made with rice milk or musli made with rice milk

- water (ofcourse)

But we're all on here to get healthy skin, not a healthy body. I have one of them already. And i'm sure if i didnt, there would be an unhealthybody.org website out there for me. So, lets try and discuss the benefits of no breakfast for acne. We all know it is better for our bodies to have breakfast, but it is our skin that we care about in the context of this site and this thread.

yea but everyone is different and everyone is made to beleive certain things are good when they are not. For instance...dairy....most people think its so good for you...when its not good for everyone bc people get intolerance to it! I am never hungry for breakfast...never through out my whole life...but my last year in highschool i decided to force myself to eat it bc i wanted to be healthy...but i also started eatring more junk food on top of that...anyways started breaking out and didnt know why. MY skin used to be so nice...anyways recently i have figured out certain things cause me to break out...too much of foods that im sensitive to...such as chocolate, coffee, FLAXSEEDS R THE WORST FOR ME!!! Anyways and ive stopped eating breakfast again...and my skin is doing well...meaning im not breaking out like crazy as i was before

it very much depends on what breakfast it is. Most Western breakfasts consist of sugary cereal and fried foods which are bad for you and probably this is why people think that not eating breakfast is good for u.

it very much depends on what breakfast it is. Most Western breakfasts consist of sugary cereal and fried foods which are bad for you and probably this is why people think that not eating breakfast is good for u.

no, eating too many calories is bad for you. Most people eat too much and are too fat, period.

If you skip breakfast you may risk mucking up your metabolism and this could equal acne if your skin is sensitive to spikes in blood glucose levels. Thus not eating breakfast means your blood glucose levels will drop and you will consequently crave something with alot of carbs which can be attributable to some people's acne.

Don't believe that not eating breakfast is bad for you. When you wake up your body is in a detox mode clearing itself of toxins and waste from the previous day. In the morning when your on an empty stomach a survival reaction kicks in giving your body energy and the ability to fight off fatigue and stress. If you follow what other people do by eating breakfast you'll most likely shut down the energy producing system that your sympathetic nervous system turns on. So instead of spending energy and burning fat your body would be storing energy and gaining fat.

Trust me, breakfast isn't the most important meal of the day, post workout meal's are.

Look at other cultures, namely Europeans. They'll have a crossiant for breakfast and save lunch for the biggest meal of the day - this is the way to go. Personally I've been having really good results eating a fruit or two and drinking white tea in the morning for my breakfast, a lot better then when I'd eat a lot of grains or yogurt or anything else like that. And this isn't just about acne, this is about general energy and performance in school. But I've found if I don't get a good nights rest, it fouls up the whole equation and I need way more food. Isn't there studies out there that chronic insomnia can make you more likely to become obese, diabetic, etc.? Makes sense...