Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sally

Any good non-comedogenic YELLOW makeup? (foundation, concealer)

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone out there has recommendations for yellow-based makeup that doesn't clog pores. I was using MAC concealer, but it caused a lot of tiny whiteheads to sprout! Now I'm using Maybelline everfresh concealer, which is too pink for me. Even the japanese brand powder foundation is too pink...I think I'm truly yellow with not even a hint of pink.... I want good coverage too. any recommendations please?

If you're really concerned about the coloring, I would go to the Prescriptives counter! They have tons of coloring offerings, they even offer to mix you a personal coloring. I am using their "flawless skin" (which is a bit on the oily side...) foundation right now, and it's as good as makeup gets when you're on accutane. ha. ha.

Dude my skin does not like MAC makeup, at all.

sally, i have to recommend everydayminerals makeup! www.everydayminerals.com

i fall asleep in my makeup a LOT (tired mom here ;) ) and when i used to do that w/ reg. makeup, my face felt gritty and bumpy in the am... now if i do that w/ EM on, my face feels so smooth and my pores are practically spotless! they also have a great yellow concealor, and their med. beige (vs. med.) is for yellowish undertones, imo.

you can go to their website and order free samples, just pay 3-5 for shipping! good luck :)

My foundation that I use by dior has a yellow base in it. Try dior fluide.

Dior is like mad expensive. If you don't want to spend 50$ on foundation, then try Neutrogena foundations. The make shades that are more on the yellow side. If you're fair Softest Gold is a good shade. If you're medium you can try Golden Bisque. If your in between you can use both and mix them. They have a few different formulas. I used to like the Skin Clearing one, but it's not so good if you are using drying topicals like BP or topical retinoids (I was fine with it on Proactiv though). They have Visably Even, Visably Firm and Healthy Skin formuals too. I think all are silicone based. The Skin clearing one never made me breakout. I think the rest should be okay, but I'd stay away from the Visably Firm.....it may be too rich for skin that is acne prone.......

I'm really yellow/olive but I'm fair in the winter. I always find foundations to be unnaturally red/pink. My company (who will remain nameless) doesn't offer a shade yellow enough for me. Neutrogena has the most natual looking shades of any mass market brand I've tried. I was Softest Gold in the winter and Golden Bisque in the summer......and I'd mix them if I was in between......

The best foundation color match I've found for my yellow-based, ultra-fair skin is L'OREAl True Match Superblendable Makeup in W1. It didn't make me break out, but I suppose that varies by person. I've heard people say that the warm shades were too yellow, but for you, most foundations are too pink, so I'd look into this. If you decide to go ahead and try this foundation EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN AND MOISTURIZE WHERE NEEDED. For some reason, this foundation looks particularly bad over flaky skin. Overall, it gave me medium-full coverage, was long lasting, easy to blend, and looked so natural to the point that I had trouble telling where I had applied it. Application is key, though. Blend, blend, and blend!

I agree that the L'oreal shades are probably the fairest and they offer a yellow based ultra-fair shade which is cool. But I don't think that formula has good coverage at all. The reason it looks so natural is because it has sheer coverage. I noticed the flake issue too....... Something like Revlon Colorstay has full coverage (but the shades suck....and this one has a similar flake issue).

I agree that the L'oreal shades are probably the fairest and they offer a yellow based ultra-fair shade which is cool. But I don't think that formula has good coverage at all. The reason it looks so natural is because it has sheer coverage. I noticed the flake issue too....... Something like Revlon Colorstay has full coverage (but the shades suck....and this one has a similar flake issue).

Really? You don't think L'OREAL has good coverage? How did you apply it? Did you shake it up first? I always shake up my foundations and use a sponge, but that would be really interesting if you do too... Maybe I'm just used to wearing foundations that are more sheer than you, which is why I found that L'OREAL gives good coverage? I've also heard that sometimes quality of coverage can vary by shade and batch, but don't know how likely that is to happen. I've never used any Revlon foundations because the shades all look wrong for my skin- too dark and too pink or orange. My first foundation ever was Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Foundation but the shades didn't work either and I found the coverage to be sheer.

How is the Maybelline Pure Makeup? I looks like it would be sheer to me, but is it really?

Maybelline Pure Makeup is pretty sheer, but you can layer it on fairly easily. It dries fast because it's mostly water.. I would say that the two most yellow-based shades are the light 2 and 4. I'm judging this all from some samples I got from them.

If you're looking into minerals, maybe Physician's Formula Mineral makeup? I tend to breakout from most mineral makeup, but this one seems to be quite neutral for me. I haven't worn it extensively though.

Maybelline Pure Makeup is pretty sheer, but you can layer it on fairly easily. It dries fast because it's mostly water.. I would say that the two most yellow-based shades are the light 2 and 4. I'm judging this all from some samples I got from them.

If you're looking into minerals, maybe Physician's Formula Mineral makeup? I tend to breakout from most mineral makeup, but this one seems to be quite neutral for me. I haven't worn it extensively though.

I wear Pure Makeup Shade 4.........It's not really fair at all though.....I'm a tiny bit tan.....shade 2 is kinda light, but not that light.....I can pull that shade off in the dead of winter.......both are on the yellow side......

I'm a bit darker than fair skinned....I'd say I'm light....not fair.........Pure Makeup isn't light enough for really fais skinned women

Bobbi Brown (nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, etc). I've used MAC before and it added on to my cystic acne. I have alot of other friends that broke out from Mac and when they switched to Bobbi Brown their pimples cleared up. I use: Bobbi Brown Oil-free even finish compact foundation, Blemish cover stick and her oil-free pressed powder. I've tried all types of brands and can't get a better color match than this line because i'm really yellow. It's a bit expensive, but hey it's your face (your asset which is worth any type of investment!). For heavy-duty concealer I use Becca's foundation stick to cover up marks (I don't use this one all over my face because it's SO DRY...it makes me flake). Good luck with your search!

For reference I'm a MAC NC40 or C4

Bobbi Brown I use:

Foundation=warm natural (4.5)

Blemish Cover Stick = honey

Oil-free Pressed powder=soft sand

Becca Foundation Stick=Honey

try visiting www.alimacosmetics.com they have really good color selection there. I am yellow skin also and I found out their satin matte foundation carry golden undertone, I wear g-1 and g-2, it looks really natural, the coverage really good I just need a little to cover my post break out skin.

i use Revlon Color Stay in buff (i think). it matches my asian skin pretty well. its funny because most of my japanese magazines, the girls are using Revlong Color Stay. awesome. i used to try to use things like Estee Lauder, but the foundations are either orange or yellow on my skin.

i'm hoping to find a mineral makeup though... everyone here seems to rave about it.