Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ariela

Honeybush tea cleared my skin 100%

Hi -

About two months ago I bought Honeybush tea (it is hard to find in stores in the States -you will probably have to order it over the internet). It is a tea from South Africa. It has natural phytoestrogens in it and is known to help balance hormones. It has no caffeine - in fact it can be quite relaxing. It worked within the first DAY of using it! I am 32 years old - trust me - i've tried EVERYTHING... natural supplements, Accutane, etc. As long as I drink 6 cups of this tea a day I am totally clear. I don't know how this would work for guys... there is another South African tea that is really relaxing called Rooibos and there is info. on it that says it is great for acne, and it did help a little - but nothing like the Honeybush!!!

Its called Intaba Teas....I drink the lemongrass one, tastes good...dunno if it really effected me. It does what green tea would with the antioxidants. I can buy it at Dominion grocery stores in Canada

I have just ordered some, it didn't break the bank, so if it doesn't work, its just another one to add to the list of failures. Cheers for sharing it with us though. :D

I have just ordered some, it didn't break the bank, so if it doesn't work, its just another one to add to the list of failures. Cheers for sharing it with us though. :D

oo really? Thats awesome. I drink loads of Green Tea (i really like it) so I might order some of this one and give it a whirl. I'm a bit of a Herbal Tea fanatic :cool:

Thanks for sharing :)

I forgot to put this in my post... the brand of Honeybush tea I've found that's easiest to get in the U.S. is made by African Red Tea Imports - you can either order directly from them or check and see if they carry it at your local health food store - this is the brand that worked for me, though!! I tried 1 other 1 and it didn't get me clear like this one did - if you drink 6 cups a day give it like 2-3 days. It took me 1 day to see a MAJOR difference & now I am completely clear!!!! Good luck! I hope it works for you guys!!

:D

You can get both of those tea at Whole Foods if one is near you. All of my rooibos came from South Africa. I brought back like a dozen boxes in January. My husband is South African. He turned me on to it. It really helps to calm the stomach and nerves. It has more antioxidants than green tea. Alot of skin care lines are just starting to use it in their products.

Hi -

About two months ago I bought Honeybush tea (it is hard to find in stores in the States -you will probably have to order it over the internet). It is a tea from South Africa. It has natural phytoestrogens in it and is known to help balance hormones. It has no caffeine - in fact it can be quite relaxing. It worked within the first DAY of using it! I am 32 years old - trust me - i've tried EVERYTHING... natural supplements, Accutane, etc. As long as I drink 6 cups of this tea a day I am totally clear. I don't know how this would work for guys... there is another South African tea that is really relaxing called Rooibos and there is info. on it that says it is great for acne, and it did help a little - but nothing like the Honeybush!!!

Sorry to be a sceptic, but this post smacks of advertising to me. She's posted it three times on different boards on here, and the whole thing seems a bit false. No doubt it is a good tea, not doubting it, but probably not as good as she makes out. May be wrong - apologies if i am

Hi -

Sorry to be a sceptic, but this post smacks of advertising to me. She's posted it three times on different boards on here, and the whole thing seems a bit false. No doubt it is a good tea, not doubting it, but probably not as good as she makes out. May be wrong - apologies if i am

Hi Swill - I have never posted on a message board before. That is the reason why it is posted TWICE - once because I wanted to get through on the adult board, and once under holistic. I am not the most computer savy person! The whole reasoon I went on this site was because I could not believe how amazing I looked and felt on Honeybush tea. I know what it's like to struggle with acne and I wanted to share my good fortune with others. In a follow-up email I suggested the particular brand I used because it is VERY hard to find in the U.S. and that is a brand that worked well for me. I was just trying to help people! I do not profit in any way by importing tea from South Africa! It is a shame you had to write that post and discourage others who might benefit and be happy when you yourself never bothered to try it or do any research on it. If you did you would have read about how it has phytoestrogens in it - something that helps to balance hormones! That is exactly why many of us - esp. women suffer from acne! In the future, please try something or research it before you try and discredit somebody who FINALLy got her skin clear!!

Doesn't sound like advertising to me, just sounds like someone who's found something that works for them and they wanted to share it with others. Good for you Ariela!

I rinse my face with Rooibos tea and in the last few days I've started drinking it. So if I can find this Honeybush tea locally I'm def. going to try it :D

Doesn't sound like advertising to me, just sounds like someone who's found something that works for them and they wanted to share it with others. Good for you Ariela!

I rinse my face with Rooibos tea and in the last few days I've started drinking it. So if I can find this Honeybush tea locally I'm def. going to try it :D

Thanks!!! I appreciate your post! I drink rooibos tea, too and it helped my skin somewhat, but it was the Honeybush that really got me clear. I mention the brand African Red Tea Imports because organic honeybush tea is so hard to get in the U.S. They sell it at wholefoods or you can order it online at sites like viaminshoppe.com. Somebody else on this board mentioned a brand called Intaba. I have heard good things about that brand and I know it's popular in Canada. I am in no way advertising - just trying to help! Good luck if you try it - it has been incredible for me. The only thing (for me) that gets annoying is I need to dring 6 cups a day to stay clear - it's worth it if it works for you though! Good luck!

:D

Hi -

Hi Swill - I have never posted on a message board before. That is the reason why it is posted TWICE - once because I wanted to get through on the adult board, and once under holistic. I am not the most computer savy person! The whole reasoon I went on this site was because I could not believe how amazing I looked and felt on Honeybush tea. I know what it's like to struggle with acne and I wanted to share my good fortune with others. In a follow-up email I suggested the particular brand I used because it is VERY hard to find in the U.S. and that is a brand that worked well for me. I was just trying to help people! I do not profit in any way by importing tea from South Africa! It is a shame you had to write that post and discourage others who might benefit and be happy when you yourself never bothered to try it or do any research on it. If you did you would have read about how it has phytoestrogens in it - something that helps to balance hormones! That is exactly why many of us - esp. women suffer from acne! In the future, please try something or research it before you try and discredit somebody who FINALLy got her skin clear!!

Thanks for your reply Ariela. I think that I wrote it in hope that you would counter it like you have done, so thats good news - so good in fact I shall probably try it myself now. I won't make any apologies for airing what I thought, as that's the idea of these things; but apologies for getting it wrong. However, i did actually do my reaearch before, and this tea does have pseudo-scientific reasons behind helping acne, but so does millions of other products out there, and look at how many of them actually work. So I was just trying to make others err on the side of caution instead of diving straight in with purchases. But thanks for putting me straight, as I do believe you now :)

So...do you think the tea would benefit a lad as much as a woman?

I thought it might have been a con too. I posted my concerns on another thread. I have purchased som tea anyway, cos I am open to any ideas. I got the Dragonfly brand as it is the only one I could find. It doesn't taste as bad as I though it would actually. I don't add milk or sugar as I want it to be completely "pure". I hope it works for me like it has for Arelia. :pray:

I thought it might have been a con too. I posted my concerns on another thread. I have purchased som tea anyway, cos I am open to any ideas. I got the Dragonfly brand as it is the only one I could find. It doesn't taste as bad as I though it would actually. I don't add milk or sugar as I want it to be completely "pure". I hope it works for me like it has for Arelia. :pray:

Did you guys buy the tea in bags or in actual granules? ie. tea bags or a box of stuff you spoon out?) (hope you know what i mean!)

Did you guys buy the tea in bags or in actual granules? ie. tea bags or a box of stuff you spoon out?) (hope you know what i mean!)

I got the tea bags.

Hi -

Ok i have now seen this person post in 2 different forums the same subject, this tea. My reply in the other forum is still the same here:

Reply:

I dont believe drinking this tea will cure your acne. And if it does you did not have serious acne to start with. Sounds like another fad that will be here today gone tomorrow. People before have gone on about other types of teas & food etc that supposedly all of a sudden cure acne. If it was that simple dont you think more people would have heard of it!. Just like other obscure foods that get thrown into the mix. If its not some obscure food, it some obscure herb we should all be taking. The health food market these days is worse than over the counter products in being misleading. Makes me sick. Tea in general is one of the foods that is usually highlighted as a drink too avoid anyway when it comes to aggravating skin conditions. Diet does not affect acne.If your acne bothers you see a doctor/derm, dont waste your money on this. And if it did work for this one person then maybe at 32 it was just their time for it to stop.

I have been through all kinds of diets and foods that I have read about with no success. You can limit/ control your acne I believe by increasing protein intake and lowering carbs somewhat and drinking lots of water. I have been through lots of diff things to try and combat my acne in the last 10 years and I for 1 will not be investing in this tea.......

umm how does the tea taste chilled? :) i dont like bitter teas :(

I haven't tried it chilled - but I have been told that the health benefits of this particular tea increase the longer you seep it (the longer you leave the tea bag in) - so I leave the tea bag in it for 10 minutes. If you want to make it a cold tea I suppose you could add ice, and refrigerate it. The tea naturally has a slightly sweet taste - not bitter at all. You could add Stevia (a natural sweetener you can find a most health food stores). It's a great substitute for sugar! Good luck!

Hi -

Ok i have now seen this person post in 2 different forums the same subject, this tea. My reply in the other forum is still the same here:

Reply:

I dont believe drinking this tea will cure your acne. And if it does you did not have serious acne to start with. Sounds like another fad that will be here today gone tomorrow. People before have gone on about other types of teas & food etc that supposedly all of a sudden cure acne. If it was that simple dont you think more people would have heard of it!. Just like other obscure foods that get thrown into the mix. If its not some obscure food, it some obscure herb we should all be taking. The health food market these days is worse than over the counter products in being misleading. Makes me sick. Tea in general is one of the foods that is usually highlighted as a drink too avoid anyway when it comes to aggravating skin conditions. Diet does not affect acne.If your acne bothers you see a doctor/derm, dont waste your money on this. And if it did work for this one person then maybe at 32 it was just their time for it to stop.

I have been through all kinds of diets and foods that I have read about with no success. You can limit/ control your acne I believe by increasing protein intake and lowering carbs somewhat and drinking lots of water. I have been through lots of diff things to try and combat my acne in the last 10 years and I for 1 will not be investing in this tea.......

Swill - This will be my last reply to you, as I realize you are only trying to instigate and draw attention to yourself. You sound very young, nieve, and angry. You are on this board to argue and dispute people and supplements you know nothing about and have not tried yourself. You claim I must never have had serious acne - in fact I had SEREVE acne. Acne that led me to be on meds for many, many years - 3 courses of Accutane, antibiotic, birth control pills, etc. I came on this forum - the first forum I have ever posted on - to help people so that perhaps they would not have to struggle like I did with side effects from meds and psychological consequences of having acne. I know all about that! I still wish you luck, Swill, and I hope you find something that clears up your skin that you believe in.

Hi Vikster!

I posted about the African Red Tea Impors Honeybush before - which did totally clear up my skin. Now I am trying the Dragonfly Honeybush, too. I am setting up a blog on this and my goal is to try 5 brands of Honeybush and post about them and their capabilities of clearing skin. Anyone who tries this - please post back & let's see what brands work!

I have only bought the tea in bags - but that's just because it's easier (for me) to make. Loose tea is fine as long as you figure out doseages!

Hi -

Reply:

Swill - This will be my last reply to you, as I realize you are only trying to instigate and draw attention to yourself. You sound very young, nieve, and angry. You are on this board to argue and dispute people and supplements you know nothing about and have not tried yourself. You claim I must never have had serious acne - in fact I had SEREVE acne. Acne that led me to be on meds for many, many years - 3 courses of Accutane, antibiotic, birth control pills, etc. I came on this forum - the first forum I have ever posted on - to help people so that perhaps they would not have to struggle like I did with side effects from meds and psychological consequences of having acne. I know all about that! I still wish you luck, Swill, and I hope you find something that clears up your skin that you believe in.

If you actually read who wrote each message then you would know that it wasn't me who wrote that :rolleyes:

Hi -

Reply:

If you actually read who wrote each message then you would know that it wasn't me who wrote that :rolleyes:

Sorry! As I told you before, I have never posted on a board before!

Hmmmm it's strange how some people try to argue or discredit someone else's acne remedy. I get some people have an opinion but regardless if you think it's not possible or wouldn't work for you, it worked for someone else.

Sharing their luck may help just one person, and one person helped is enough in my book. Don't think anyone assumes it will clear the world of acne lol.

Anyways thanks for sharing your remedy, hope the tea keeps working for you.

(my secret acne buster is pure aloe vera incase you ever want to try it, and no, I'm not in the aloe vera business ;) )

Hmmmm it's strange how some people try to argue or discredit someone else's acne remedy. I get some people have an opinion but regardless if you think it's not possible or wouldn't work for you, it worked for someone else.

Sharing their luck may help just one person, and one person helped is enough in my book. Don't think anyone assumes it will clear the world of acne lol.

Anyways thanks for sharing your remedy, hope the tea keeps working for you.

(my secret acne buster is pure aloe vera incase you ever want to try it, and no, I'm not in the aloe vera business ;) )

Hi Ell - thanks for your supportive post! I believe you are not in the aloe vera business! - lol! I understand people on this board may be skeptical and frustrated, but it is completely unfair to take try and prevent someone from sharing info. that could help another person! I am happy for you that you found something that cleared your skin! :D

Ariela, do you have insulin problems-high blood sugar or hypoglycemia? Does your acne improve when you cut back on grains and refined carbs? Just wondering because honeybush tea is high in pinitol, which can help lower blood glucose.

â€â€European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, November 2004

"Pinitol, isolated from soybeans, may be beneficial in reducing cardiovascular risk in type 2s, according to Korean researchers.

In a randomized study, a total of 30 type 2 patients received 600-mg oral doses of soybean-derived pinitol or placebo twice daily for 13 weeks.

Pinitol significantly decreased mean fasting plasma glucose, insulin, fructosamine and A1C. In addition, pinitol decreased total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, systolic and diastolic blood pressure and increased HDL cholesterol."