Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ughh... Today my faith in humanity was severely shaken. If you guys will do me a favour, I really need something to help me believe that humanity isn't full of rapists, murderers, thieves, and just plain outright bastards.

So I ask.. Are you a good samaritan?.. Have you saved a life? Donated good amount to charity? Done charity work? Given up a seat for an old person or pregnant woman? Do you help people when you don't HAVE to? Tell me your good deeds people, because right now the earth in my eyes is a just a gas giant of fucking darkness. :wall:

So.. yeah, go.

I volunteered at an animal shelter for a few years. I adopted a cat from that shelter, and I also adopted four more and found good homes for them.

I've donated money to plenty of charities. I've donated blood on many occasions.

Can't think of anything else at the moment..

ta namine.. Though I already knew you were good.. I was hoping for some pretty elaborate stories to be honest.

Oh well. :(

I'm sorry .. I don't really remember enough to make an elaborate story.

When I find expensive junk on the ground I never keep it. I always bring it to the lost-and-found :D .

But whenever I lose something, it gets stolen and rarely ends up at the lost-and-found :( .

Guest beanz

I've donated blood before :angel:

Haven't done any "charity work" but I do go and visit my gramma whenever I can to make sure she's not lonely because she lives by herself now. And I take her to the grocery store and some doctors appointments when I can. I also try to visit my dad whenever I can because I know the divorce is really hard on him and he doesn't really have anyone he feels he can talk to and cry with but me. :( I wouldn't say I'm a big charity person (being honest...but I should start) but I would definitely say that I go out of my way to try to make people I care about happy.

That should count for somethin...

Ughh... Today my faith in humanity was severely shaken.

why?

there was a robbery and i used a chuck norris roundhouse kick and saved the man. we are now married.

I always give up my seat if theres old people on the bus.

But I've been put off doing it a bit now becasue a few months ago I didnt relasie this old women was getting on the bus because I was messing around with my ipod and this women behind me started tutting and said really loudly 'teenagers these days...!', and she wasn't even old so she could have easily given up her seat. But I did move anyway so the old lady could sit down, as much as I wanted to stay there to annoy the other women I didn't want to be rude :)

I always give up my seat if theres old people on the bus.

But I've been put off doing it a bit now becasue a few months ago I didnt relasie this old women was getting on the bus because I was messing around with my ipod and this women behind me started tutting and said really loudly 'teenager these day...!', and she wasn't even old she she could have easily given up her seat. But I did move anyway so the old lady could sit down, as much as I wanted to stay there to annoy the other women I didn't want to be rude :)

lol, damn straight ;) i hate it wen people hav that whole teenager stereotype of being lazy and unthoughtful, i mean wen do u do most of your thinking about life, wen ur a ruddy teenager.

Aw beejay, my auntie, who died from breast cancer(this is supposed to cheer u up by he way,lol)two years ago was hugely active in lots of cancer research fund raising and supported many charity events, organising everything. This was while she was going through all her chemotherapy(she was cleared, but it came back)but she was such a wonderful giving person, right through to the end. Always putting other people first. So as long as I have her memory I know that theres still good in the world. Hope that helps, xxx :D

So I ask.. Are you a good samaritan?.. Have you saved a life? Donated good amount to charity? Done charity work? Given up a seat for an old person or pregnant woman? Do you help people when you don't HAVE to? Tell me your good deeds people, because right now the earth in my eyes is a just a gas giant of fucking darkness. :wall:

So.. yeah, go.

Do you need to commit good works to not be a bastard rapist murderer? I've kept myself out of trouble for the most part and never actively hurt anyone. Is that not good enough for you? I am a very helpful person, though, but it's not because of any good nature. I just use it as an in to get to know people, and if someone asks me for help, I'm terrible at saying no. If other people aren't the same way and want to be left alone, I'm not going to fault them for it.

I haven't done anything especially spectacular in my life. I open doors for women/elderly am always curtious, treat women with respect, will help out a freind in need. I havne't done anything great but I feel if you live every day as a good person it is greater than one amazing you could do.

Guest Realist

Tell me your good deeds people, because right now the earth in my eyes is a just a gas giant of fucking darkness. :wall:

And you're just figuring this out now? :doh:

But honestly, there are genuinely good people roaming the Earth. However, the media likes to focus on violence, corruption, and entertainment instead -- if it bleeds, it leads. Be a good Samaritan, and you will attract other good Samaritans eventually.

It's nice to hear about other people doing good deeds. It's nice to hear about people doing *good* things for a change..

I try my best to be friendly and kind to others and treat everyone equally and with respect. I treat others the way I would like to be treated... I think that if everyone did this (which is not hard @ all) the world would be a much better place.. but it's never gonna happen.. the world is already screwed up and there's too many evil people living in it. :(

I haven't saved a life and I haven't done charity work yet :(... but I volunteer in animal shelters and put my home up for their foster care. I've volunteered in camps and school programs to help out kids (lol, as much as I complain about kids...), I always hold the door open for people and give up my seat to the elderly (or anyone who needs it, for that matter). I always go out of my way to listen to people, help them out, and cheer them up :angel:... even if it means acting like a dork ;). I try to be friendly and respectful.

I've yet to donate blood though, I suck :(

Guest Realist

In terms of the news on TV and in the paper, my econ. teacher always said, "If it bleeds, it leads". I haven't heard the other expression.

Guest Calibos

i havent done anything dramatic like saved a life, nor have i worked for any charities or anything.

I give money to them though, i always buy those stupid badge things, even if already own one. My band played a charity gig for free in our area, don't know what it was for or how much was raised, but we played and the place was full so i assume it did well.

I think im a good person, i pride myself on making people happy. If something i do makes a complete stranger laugh i feel like i've done a good deed, happiness is all people want

In terms of the news on TV and in the paper, my econ. teacher always said, "If it bleeds, it leads". I haven't heard the other expression.

Yeah I was just joking. It's from Predator. :)

Hmm well I'm not sure if I've saved a life but, on September 25, 2005 I was driving home and there is a street that leads to my neighborhood. The speed limit on there is 55 and it was like 2 am or something. I live in a college town some most people on the road at the time are drunk. Thank God I did not drink that night and I saw a body on the opposite side of the road. I spun around and there was a truck that just stopped before me. THe guy in the truck said he saw that guy on the concrete fall out of a truck and his friends drove off cus they didnt realize they left him. The guy on the ground was bleeding out of his mouth and other places and wasn't responding. After a while his friends came back and said he was drunk and stood up on the moving truck and did a summersalt out the back. He began to try and lift his head and didnt know what he was doing so without thinking I put my hand behind his head and told him not to move. He was a combination of drunk and in shock and had no idea what was happeneing and I didnt want him to paralize himself. When the cops and ambulance got there and we put a shirt behind his head, and I saw that my hands had blood all over them. I have been a hypochondriac ever since then because I was obsessed and thought I had AIDS. I am a virgin so Ive never had to worry about that before. Anyways 3 months later, on Chirstmas Day I was eligable to take the AIDS test and it came back fine. By the way the next day I went to the hospital and they wouldnt give me any information about the kid, I forgot to get his name becuase I was so strssed at the time, but I really hope hes okay. I tell myself he should be fine because I looked in all the papers and there wasnt anything I could find.

Other than that I am inspired through some other events and people in my life, to become a nursing home Chaplain and go to theological school. I try to be the best person I can, but no one is perfect. But if you try thats all that really matters.

OH and by the way, I have a pair of medical gloves in my car now, JUST IN CASE. But even after how its changed my life, it was certainly in a good way, I hope I helped that guy somewhat in someway, and I would of course do it again without thinking.

I just remembered one other nice thing i've done. I used to have ridiculously long hair, all the way down to my butt. And my hair is REALLY thick. Well, I cut it off, all the way, 15 inches of hair and I donated it to Locks for Love. They accept donated hair, and make wigs with that hair for children to have lost their hair from chemotherapy treatment.

I still really miss my long hair .. which i'm growing out again.

I just remembered one other nice thing i've done. I used to have ridiculously long hair, all the way down to my butt. And my hair is REALLY thick. Well, I cut it off, all the way, 15 inches of hair and I donated it to Locks for Love. They accept donated hair, and make wigs with that hair for children to have lost their hair from chemotherapy treatment.

I still really miss my long hair .. which i'm growing out again.

I did that too! :dance: Yeah I wait until it gets down to my lower back before chopping it off and donating it. I might do that again.

I think this question is totally unrelated to acne and quite frankly a waste of time on this site. If you really need other people to "renew" your faith you seriously need to look within yourself, because it's not other people that "renew" your faith.