Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest runnerB

accutane and the runnahhh

Guest runnerB

day 30

hey everybody...SCHOOL IS OUT!! :dance::dance: and the acne's not too terrible either. the left side, which

used to be my BETTER side, has started to breakout a lot. i wasn't getting any whiteheads at all for a while,

but now the left side is starting to breakout with a lot of whiteys, but on accutane, those buggers are gone in a

few days, so who cares. right side is doing awesome! all i have left really is red marks, and no new stuff has

been forming! i'm thinking when i go onto 80mg, which i think is tomorrow actually, i might start breaking out a

little, but maybe it will kick in a lot faster this time. and now...the pictures.

damn i need a haircut.

-b

post-40699-1149295704_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1149295811_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1149295704_thumb.jpg

post-40699-1149295811_thumb.jpg

Hey, runnahh! I'm glad to see you're doing well. Congrats on school being out! Keep up the great progress! Hopefully, 80mg will work for you. I'm starting 80mg for my 2nd month with an alternation between 40mg and 80mg every other day. I hope it works for the both of us! :dance:

Guest runnerB

day 34

aalright! i'm back! i think i'm gonna start updating weekly because i really don't think the changes that one

experiences on accutane are large enough to show day-to-day. Had my derm appt on monday, nothing really

exciting there. we basically talked about keeping me on 40 or staying up at 80, and we decided to keep me up

at 80, which i think is the right decision. as for the acne, it's been okay, everything is really starting to dry out

on the 80mg, and i've had 2 really bad nosebleeds. blood was literally pouring out of my nose, so i decided to

use aquaphor up there, and now on my lips as i've found it works better than carmex. so far it's worked, but

i really can't afford to get anymore nosebleeds, as losing blood really affects my running. i can't find my

memory card for my camera, but i'll put up some new pics ASAP. later!

-b

Guest runnerB

day 45

well to anyone who reads this log, and i know you are few lol, sorry for the so few updates. i'll try to work at getting back to a better schedule. in the meantime, i've seen a lot of improvement! cysts on my left side have started to flatten out, like my right. it seems as if the accutane is REALLY starting to work now. my forehead is still bothering me a lot, but i have hair, in excess, to cover that up. chin is also starting to clear up! right side is just maintaining its ton of red marks, but those will fade in time. most importantly, i just feel better about myself in general right now, and i've started to go out again, something that two weeks ago i would have been absolutely terrified of. i've been using some green powder stuff that my mom supplied me with to help with the red, and it really deadens it! i still have to get it down right though because my friend said my face looked REALLY pale the other night lol. added 3, count it, 3 new pictures to my gallery, link below.

i'd also like to say that i am completely addicted to the world cup. if you're not watching, watch.

Gallery, new pics!

later!

-b

Hey runner thanks for droping by my log,

wow really seems that the accutane is kicking in. Just had have a look at your old and new pics and yes there is an improvement, for sure. :D The accutane will clear you up in no time dude. Only a couple of month to go till you'll be completely clear skin.

And I'm also addicted to the world-cup cos it right here were I live...That's an amazing experience to have all the people around here from all over the world.. :D Unfortunately I've to study for my exam on monday so I can't watch the games today and tommorow but monday I'm back. I think I'll go to watch swiss-togo in dortmund on one of these huge screens in the inner city..

Keep the good work up buddy.. and enjoy the world-cup.. :D

cj

WOW! You are really clear in your new pics, it is those stubborn redmarks, which is a pretty common gripe here in the tane logs! Everyone gets clear then waits for the red marks to fade. Your progress looks awesome! Congrats!

Guest runnerB

Day 63

haha, so it's been waay too long, but i was in a downward spiral that made me not want to update for a while. a stupid reason, i know, but i'm back! after my last post, my acne continued to get better, cysts going down, not as many whiteheads, but then i broke out again on the sides of my face a little bit, towards my ears. it wasn't really that bad, just a few cysts, but at the time it seemed like i was taking 1 step forward, 2 back. today i looked at myself and realized that i'm probably on the upward spiral again, and though i should have been updating during the downs also, i should just try and start again now. i think the red marks on the right side have continued to improve, and my left side is really starting to come along. check it out for yourself:

GALLERYYY!!

Hey man looks like your skin is clearing up nicely. Give it 2-3 months and your skin will look ace. :D

Keep the good work up dude.

cj

Guest runnerB

Day 83

RIGHT when you thought i'd abandoned this log, im BACK. everything is just rolling right along now. i have 1 active zit, more like a small nodule, but its going down. that's it. everything else is GONE. it's all just pretty bad red marks. only thing i 've had trouble with is my lips, which have cracked at the sides and bleed sometimes :doubt: , but it's all a part of the course. i've started to use a little bit of cover up to dull those red marks, just because it's really easy to do now without any actual acne. i don't have to wear hardly anything and it looks tons better. anyways, here's the link to the picture update i know you guys are waiting forrrr hahah:

NEWwwwwwwwwwwww PICS

EDIT:

check out those pictures i posted up there on day 30. isn't it nuts that i was actually kinda satisfied with that?

Guest runnerB

Day 94

HELLZZZZ yeah!!! still no active acne, and the redness is starting to fade! I LOVE IT! I LOVE ACCUTANE!

i just ate one of those little bites muffins things. wtf. there are about 3 muffins in there. 3.

NEW PIXORZZZZZZ

Guest brian.

Day 104

i'm into triple digitssss and...

i've gotten one new pimple in the past 4 weeks! :D:D

not really much of a difference from last time, just thought i'd post some new pics and keep this log going.

gash, to answer your question, my IB was terrible. i'm not going to lie, i didn't see results until maybe week 5? but looking back on it, as i'm sure anyone will tell you, it was well worth it. if anyone else has a question, i'd be glad to answer it. just leave it here, or drop me a PM!

brian

NEW PIXxxxxxxx

i was about to go for a run, thus the headband :)

hey man are u taking any other supplements while your on tane??

also are you using anything to fade the red marks?

how many killograms do u weigh?

Hey Brian

congrats on the awesome improvement...

just wanted to ask you bout one of ur pics in the gallery...wat happened to ur pancreas..(they died)..was it coz of the accutane??was it coz of the dosage or sumthin??or did u suffer from diabetes from before??

jus concerned..

thnx

Hi, just saw your pics and WOW!

I want your results. We have the same skin tone. You just made me look so much more foward into starting my accutane treatment.

And by posting your log and pics, thats to be admired,very brave.

Good luck and i will be looking foward to more of your posts!

Guest brian.

Gash: i'm not taking any supplements, nor am i using anything to fade the redmarks. i'm about 58.9 kilos.

ash: no, accutane has nothing to do with diabetes :). i was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in november. i started taking accutane in may.

charmed: i'm glad i could help in any way possible, and thanks!

hey Brian,

how long exactly was your whitehead phase? Oh and if you had any blackheads, what happens to them? Do they disapear or do those turn into whiteheads too? I don't mind these whiteheads but when the blackheads get inflammed they form deep bastards that take forever to go away. Oh and how long did your overall IB last? School starts in early Sept. for me and pictures are in October :doh:... Oh and congrats you get to go back to school clear!

yo brian i also weigh the exact same as you and going on the same amount of tane!!!

if ur log is any indication of how it will go for me i will be fucking stoked.

so when did the IB start? i'm a film student and am acting in a movie so i hope it doesn't go too bad to start with cuz i'll be on tane for the last 2 weeks of filming!!!!!

Guest brian.

thanks heather :D!

ral: i wuold say my whitehead phase lasted about 2-3 weeks. your blackheads will just fall out, relatively quickly, but i never really had a problem with blackheads to beginwith, so take that with a grain of salt. as for my overall IB, honestly i'd say 4-5 weeks. remember though, it's different for everyone. yours could easily be 2-3, or you might not have one at all.

gash: i think it took about a week before anything happened at all.

EDIT: i've had a few PMs now asking if diabetes can be caused by accutane. the answer is NO, it cannot.