Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yea, my doc has suggested tane to me 3 times!! I've always been so apprehensive about going on it, but I think I'm going to give it a try.....that is, if PC BHA doesn't work for me. Good news! I actually got PC BHA today in the mail.

My plan of attack:

Still take a preg test for accutane this week

During the 31 day period of registering I will be trying PC BHA

if I don't see any results, I'll be on tane by August or September.

I want to be extra sure of my decision with tane, so Paulas Choice will be a great way to see if it works for me....maybe I won't need tane after all. That would be nice, but being on tane I don't think will be too bad either. You gotta stay positive!!

Tonight will be the beginning of my new regimen with PC BHA.

I just applied about a pea size, and I have felt no tingly or irritation....AWESOME! :)

We'll see....

I'm getting a little bit of the flakes already with PC BHA, but no tingling. It's pretty good so far. I guess this means I'm not allergic to Salicylic Acid unless 1% is too "soft" to tell. I'm going to the doc's office tomorrow for my first preg test to get the wheels rolling for accutane. I've been reading the iPledge handbook and it's a little scary. Talks about vision loss and birth defects, and doesn't even mention all the other side effects I've heard about like hair loss and rosacea. It tells you to talk to your doctor for more detailed side effects...scary. But in the words of the great Dorie in Finding Nemo, "Go for it and hope for the best." ;)

My derm said he would put me on 40mg a day for my 110 lbs. frame for 5 months. I need to double check on my weight though; it fluctuates 5 pounds. I wouldn't want to take more than I should take of tane.

On to better news:

I'll be going to the Yucatan this summer again! We love that place so much that we decided a faraway place that's familiar would be the perfect vacation...there isn't much room for inconvenient surprises that way. We will be leaving for Houston on the 4th and spend a couple of days there with my b-friend's parents. The plane leaves on the 6th and we will not return until the 17th. After that, I'll have a couple of days rest before I drive my mom to Mexico to visit family. I have to be back by the 1st of August to get ready for work.

Skin Status:

2 small pustules on forehead (maybe PC BHA purging)

1 nodule developing in between the two lesions that were injected with cortisone....jeez

milia here and there

Hey guys!

I'm registered and took my first preg test a few days ago to get the tane rolling. I've been using BHA lately and seems to be doing some purging, but I think I may need the 2% instead of 1%. Oh well, I'm not going to buying some more now that i have tane bills dancing above my head....more like haunting my dreams!!!

Hi Eloise! I notice you haven't visited in a long time, and you've not posted in even longer. I hope you're okay and doing very well! :D

Okay. This is really weird.

Thanks Wynne for checking up on me. The truth is I have been trying to post, but it's not letting me. Specifically in my journal. It will only let me post if I hit the Reply button inside an existing post, delete what is written, then write my own thing.

What the heck?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

I suppose I'll update although my journal is not functioning right.

I think I'm going to wait for tane until Sept.. Believe me I am so ready, but because I just quit my job and looking for a new one with a similiar health plan, I don't want tane to be a pre-existing on my benefits. That MAY mean that I would have to pay tane in full out of my own pocket. Who wants that? So I am going to wait until I find a job with benefits. I've been trying to call my insurance co. to ask Qs, but they make that so difficult to do! So I'm just going to wait for a month. Hopefully I will find a job by then.

As for my skin; well, I still break out....same old same old, huh?

I hope next time I post, I'll be in better spirits.

Oh yea, any clarification with my posting malfunction would be greatly appreciated.

Aw poo. I don't know what is happening with your journal. Wish I could help!

I hope your situation gets better soon! I am sorry you're feeling down. Chin up! You're entertaining, kind, and have great posts here! :)

Okay. This is really weird.

Thanks Wynne for checking up on me. The truth is I have been trying to post, but it's not letting me. Specifically in my journal. It will only let me post if I hit the Reply button inside an existing post, delete what is written, then write my own thing.

What the heck?

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

I'm sorry but I've never seen that happening before. I advise you to PM one of our admins, either Joel or Paul, and see if they have any advice. I really wish I could help more, but no one has ever complained about this issue in the past from my experience. :think:

Hey there! Well, I'm sorry to hear about all the crap your dealing with right now :( I LOVED PC

BHA! Loved loved loved it! I started with the 1 % and quickly moved to 2% it didn't dry me out at all and normally I have major issues with SA. One thing I think helped a lot too is I got some of the samples of her BP and used that on problem areas it really wiped out any zits that were forming. I hope it works for you and you don't have to deal with Tane.

Have a great time in the Yucatan again! I'm jealous I need a fabulous vacation :( I hope your enjoying your summer.

Well, my log seems to be working again, but this time I tried it on my outdated PC (seriously I think its like a 1988 model or something) instead of my iBook and it worked!! :dance: I would have never thought my piece of crap PC would have worked over my expensive MAC. I suppose the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover," pertains to even the unlikliest of things.

My skin is behaving well lately with a zit or two but nothing serious. The only thing that has gotten me bent out of shape with my health is my serious PMS. I never had PMS growing up and I always thought PMS was a bunch of bull when girls would complain about it, but man, I got it bad now. I get wicked headaches and I cry during GEICO commercials...what the heck?!

But one thing is for sure - I am so happy that I was able to post to you guys. I missed this place.

It's getting late, so I should go to bed, but I'll be sure to catch up tomorrow!!!! :D:wub::lol::chuck:

The Chuck Norris was an absolute must tonight.

Nice to see you about again, and that your skin is doing ok! I hope your job searching is done and you've found a nice new one with good insurance.

Still liking the Paula's Choice BHA?