Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i've been seeing that a lot of people on this board use some kind of spot treatments and scrubs while on accutane. my derm told me not to use anything at all. this is my first month of accutane and i have a lot of breakouts. it's annoying not being able to do anything about it. would it be bad to use a little neutrogena spot treatment on some of the bigger acne spots? some of these really hurts and it's really bothering me.

i've been seeing that a lot of people on this board use some kind of spot treatments and scrubs while on accutane. my derm told me not to use anything at all. this is my first month of accutane and i have a lot of breakouts. it's annoying not being able to do anything about it. would it be bad to use a little neutrogena spot treatment on some of the bigger acne spots? some of these really hurts and it's really bothering me.

dont use anything at all. Especially drying face washes, in particular ones that contain substances such as saliyic acid etc. Tane will dry out your skin and washing with this will increase risk of cracking skin that may scar or become infected....ride it out, at best wash with water and let the tane dry the spotty areas and dont bother moisturizing those particular areas either too much unless really necessary. I am about to go into my 3rd month on tane and only now am I seeing real progress, though slow. I only wash with water and sometimes use a mild moisturizing wash. I will say though that new spots over the last month in particular while not as bad do seem to take longer to heal. Most of the first 2 months for me have not been great though like i said there is progress.

you don't even use soap, dude? Accutane skin is still skin, it still needs to get clean, or else the pores will clog, etc...

right?

lol are you questioning my cleanliness now. I qoute 'sometimes use a mild moisturizing wash'. I am not saying be a tramp just dont excessively wash and dont use creams with strong drying agents.

My advice. Wash once a day if you are not active. If you are active and sweat, twice a day, and with a GENTLE cleanser. 3rd ish month on tane and nothing bad so far, just very dry lips.

my derm gave me duac for my 4th month breakouts, but i never used it cause i didn't know how my skin would respond. just used dermalogica, and exfoliated more and i was fine.