Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did it! I got threaded. The girl who did it was super duper sweet. It took about 2 minutes and cost $7. Result: perfection! Now that I have found her, I will never wax again ;)

Here is a pic of the brows in case you care to see how precision they came out. It's a camera phone pic, so sorry about the quality.

[attachmentid=4548]

post-35470-1147456275_thumb.jpg

post-35470-1147456275_thumb.jpg

I live in Central FL as well. What was the place you found to do threading?? I used to get wax done (allover for some reason I cant stand fuze on my face, plus after I had my son my side of my cheeks got worse!) and it broke me out. Also irritated my skin badly.

I live in Central FL as well. What was the place you found to do threading?? I used to get wax done (allover for some reason I cant stand fuze on my face, plus after I had my son my side of my cheeks got worse!) and it broke me out. Also irritated my skin badly.

I'll PM you with the info.

Total time in salon: about five minutes

Total time in the chair getting threaded: about 2 minutes

Results: priceless

It takes less time than waxing. It is more precise than waxing. And you don't have sticky hot wax setting and being pulled off your skin. I highly recommend threading if you can find someone near you.

P.s. It hurts like a mutha, but so does waxing, right?

waxing and hair removal in period makes me breakout. I seriously rather be the bearded woman than be covered with tiny whiteheads and zits. I hate hair follicles. even though it's not the same as waxing, I just trim my 'brows (and hair elsewhere) with tiny scissors.

I think my eyebrows are one of my best features and wouldn't wax 'em if you paid me to.

I agree, Femina. If you waxed your brows you'd cross over into the metrosexual category and it wouldn't be as attractive on you. Your brows look just fine :)

I get my eyebrows waxed, and I never breack out from it. However, I get them done by a beautician and not by myself, so I have noticed she doesn't use those greasy 'afterwipe' thingies. I like to pluck, but I love the shape waxing gives me. It's funny how in my area its harder to find someone to wax your brows than pluck- they always want to pluck mine!