Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rob

My Vitamin B-5 Success

I've been reading up on Vitamin B-5 for the past month or so, and I finally decided to buy myself a bottle of Evolution-X Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) Supplements. It came with 400 capsules, at 510 mg each, and they also contain B complex vitamins in it as well. I take 5 capsules 4 times a day. I use a Purpose brand bar of soap to wash my face and body in the shower in the morning, and my face at night. I've been on this for almost 20 days, and I just received my second bottle from Evolution-X. I suffered from moderate acne on my back, shoulders, and chest, which include the kind that leave scars. I also had moderate acne on my face and neck. After two weeks of taking the B-5, my back, and shoulders became smoother and not as red, and the acne spots were getting smaller and smaller. The acne on my face began to get smaller and smaller as well. After 20 days, my acne looks more normal than anything, and it's not stopping there, it's still getting better. Lately I have also combined prescription Clindamycin creme which I use on my face in the morning and at night, which is almost exactly like Benzoil Peroxide. My face looks totally clear in most light and only if a bright white light is on my face, can you see any redness or any of the remaining blackheads. My confidence and self-esteem is sky high, and even my friends that always used to notice my quiet, moody attitudes say that I am a new person, and I never even told them about the B-5 or anything. I feel great. I did have a small breakout period where I got alot of pimples on my face, but it went away after a week or so with the creme. Anyways, I totally recommend it before accutane. My face is great, and its only gettin better. If you wanna know anymore, just let me know... I can't really provide any pictures at the moment.

yes rob i hear ya! i did the evolution x b5 thing too and it made my skin clear up sooo good.. i ran outta pills last week tho, and i noticed a few new breakouts but theyre very minor, and i ordered another bottle.. but yea, im using this with b5.. im glad someone else other than me has a success story to share about b5 :)

hey sullen girl or rob where do you get the evolution-x b5? i ordered some from acnemiracle but they are taking forever....

rob - did the b5 eliminate oil on your face? did you notice any side effects? did you take any other supplements with the b5? oh and do you think you would of still gotten good results without putting the cream on your face?

Yeah Man. I only used the creme for the inital breakout, and now I use NO creme at all. I don't take ANY vitamins except 20 capsules of B5 a day, thats all. Theres little to no oil on my face at all, and it doesn't dry up my face either, even washing it twice a day. I would only recommend washing twice a day max though.

Be careful not to get vitamin defficiences due to only taking B5 supplaments. I reccomend a nice multivitamin, preferrably one with lots of other B vitamins in it.

did anybody have any success with b5 at say...1 g a day ? call me a scaredy cat but that's the most i'd want to try...

the reason i ask this is because i just can't believe my body is SO deficient in it as to need like 10 g a day...

i'm really hesitant to do anything which would require me to take like 10-20 pills per day...for life ??!

i know the maintenance dose is supposed to be lower..but to be taking that FOR LIFE adds up to a tidy sum...

i'm not talking abt the cost per se...but the idea of feeding in so much b5 into ur body ??

In regards to taking only 1g a day, I tried taking 2 at every meal, it did absolutely nothing but make me tired and possibly break me out more. After I bumped it up to 10g a day I cleared up within days, I never really had even mild acne just extreeeemely oily skin. I <3 b5! its changed my life