Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandathepanda

WHAT the HECK happened?

Alrighty. I've been on the regimen for exactly one month today... just FYI... I woke up this morning and my chin kind of hurt. I looked in the mirror and I had about 15 little whiteheads all congragated together on my chin!! I've never had anything like this happen to me before!!! How is that possible?

Hmm it's hard to say, something you eat, something you put on your face, hormones, etc etc.

Have you changed anything at all, introduced a new product?

Hmm it's hard to say, something you eat, something you put on your face, hormones, etc etc.

Have you changed anything at all, introduced a new product?

Well I changed back to Cetaphil Moisturizer from Eucerin because the Eucerin had mineral oil in it. But my skin was fine until this crap. I'm guessing it might be hormones.

If your skin was fine, why change> just because it had mineral oil, doesn't mean it will break you out.

I changed because I read this on the Biggest Mistakes page:

Not using the right products for the job: the regimen does not work with 10% bp, moisturizers that contain mineral oil, exfoliating cleansers that can irritate, or irritating shavers. For best results use the recommended products.

isnt one month a breakout cycle? im not sure.

did u eat alot of cake and than have a ton of sex the night before?

well ive read that it takes 2 weeks before you can tell if a product is negatively affecting your skin...so maybe if you switched within the last 2 weeks it is still the lingering effects of the mineral oil from the eucerin?

I changed because I read this on the Biggest Mistakes page:

Not using the right products for the job: the regimen does not work with 10% bp, moisturizers that contain mineral oil, exfoliating cleansers that can irritate, or irritating shavers. For best results use the recommended products.

I didnt think any of the Eucerin products irritated or clogged pores, hmm

manda,

which Eucerin are you talking about?

I'm guessing the recent switching is what has irritated your skin. You've switched, and then switched back, all within about ten days time.

What's wrong with mineral oil? I looked it up and it doesn't appear to be comedogenic or irritating at all. (it rates 0 for both on a scale of 0-5, 5 being the worst)

isnt one month a breakout cycle? im not sure.

did u eat alot of cake and than have a ton of sex the night before?

Im only 15.

manda,

which Eucerin are you talking about?

I'm guessing the recent switching is what has irritated your skin. You've switched, and then switched back, all within about ten days time.

Eucerin Skin Moisturizer Intensive Repair.

It didn't even seem to moisturize my skin anyway.

Good riddance.

there are different grades of mineral oil, but I'd just rather stay away from them all if you have oily skin.