Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DougEFresh

I hate the regimen... so far

Ok guys 6 d 12 hrs into the regimen and i look like shit... I keep getting acne in the same spots.. My back looks aweful, the AHA cleared up the red spots but now they are back and inflammed as ever, and acne has appeared exactly where it was. I now also have 4 new spots on my neck that have been inflammed that i never break out in. Im starting to doubt the regimen, i have been clearer using the Equate 10% acne gel.. I was under the impression the regimen would clear it up for good. What do you guys think? Almost 1 week in, and im experiencing major BS.

it can take 3 months before you are clear. you have to stick with it. i know it's frustrating and you think it's not work, but only being 1 week into you can't know if it is or not. i had very mild acne when i started the regimen and for 2.5 months i started getting these huge red bumps that would never surface totally and hurt as all get out. i had never had that and was thinking that if the regimen was going to cause that i was done. but it cleared up and except for one red spot i'm totally clear.

took mw 2-3 months before i noticed a real improvement.

altho now i cant believe how clear i am, u gotta stick with it brother.

its very frustrating at this stage but u WIL get through it aslong as you stick to the regimen.

and keep it simple

why getting in same spot ? might be just really bad luck or sumting but yea the regimen in the beginning is a

pain but its just the way it is... maybe after like 2 weeks ull see some nice improvement and for some reason

when ya use bp ... acne sometimes goes in wierd spots for some reason lol

Perhaps I assume too much, but surely you guys have researched the regimen before you do it?

Over and over and over and over again it states that it takes 2+ months to see proper results, and still people complain that after 6 days they're still getting spots, you have to bear with it dude and it's worth it in the end.

I battled for 4 months before my skin stabilized.

Stick with it, you'll be happy you did.

its true. dont go bashing the regimen after a few days

NO-ONE on here that actually had persistant acne cleared in days

we are talkin 2-3months before u start to really stay clear.

Are you even using the 2.5% csr gel from dan and you should'nt be using aha untill your skin has stabilized with BP.

Could you state your entire daily regimen and exactly how you do things

maybe there's something your doing wrong or doing too much of.

Paul

Are you even using the 2.5% csr gel from dan and you should'nt be using aha untill your skin has stabilized with BP.

Paul

K Healthy eating, 2 Mens Health Vitamins, 1 Beta Carotine, 1 Green Tea

Purpose Bar

Neutragena On-The-Spot 2.5% BP

Cetaphil Moisturizer

I take 2 showers a day. I wash with Ivory Soap and Shampoo with Head and Shoulders. I clean face with purpose bar right after. 2 Times a week i bathe in Dead Sea Salts for the back.

So week 3 I should start to see improvement right?

it might be aslong as 2-3months before u see real improvement

its a rocky journey to that point but u gotta stick it out man.

honestly we aint bullshitting u, you might clear up in a week or so

but most took 2-3months.

but its sooooooooo worth it :D

Read alot of complaints for neutragena, Try using dans csr gel instead it's much much better for your skin.

Your washing too much (bet you thought you would never hear that!)

And it's always important to wash your face gently with your hands ONLY and not with very hot water.

Paul

Two showers isn't really too many, as long as you don't wash your face more than twice. If you wash your face twice a day and no more, than there's no problem.

day 7 in 1 hour.. progress has been anything but good.. my acne looks like dog poo. I need to take pics of it daily. So week 3 i should see improvement? Because i have been better than this on 10% Equate

it gets worse at first! and you won't see improvement but it'll work

same happens with accutane

how severe is it? maybe you're applying too much??

Paul

K Healthy eating, 2 Mens Health Vitamins, 1 Beta Carotine, 1 Green Tea

Purpose Bar

Neutragena On-The-Spot 2.5% BP

Cetaphil Moisturizer

I take 2 showers a day. I wash with Ivory Soap and Shampoo with Head and Shoulders. I clean face with purpose bar right after. 2 Times a week i bathe in Dead Sea Salts for the back.

So week 3 I should start to see improvement right?

Hi Doug,

I'm a little bit confused. You said earlier that the AHA was clearing you up, but you don't list AHA anywhere in your regimen. Are you telling us everything?

Some very important tips:

BE GENTLE. BE GENTLE. BE GENTLE. I like to sit in front of the tv while I lightly work the BP into my face. That way I don't get bored and start rubbing it in to speed up the process. You gotta be patient.

BE CONSISTENT. Try to do the exact thing at the exact time everyday. Your skin needs to adjust. This is like a job. Hee hee. But it will pay off, for sure.

You can do this, DougEFresh! Give it some time and you will be so happy that you did.

Best of luck.

Stop thinking about it! Analyzing every spot you have will just drive you nuts and make you more likely to add things into your regimen that will work against it. Stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about it. Stop thinking about it. Take a picture every few days if you like, but no more often than that, and only let yourself actually compare your progress pictures every few weeks. I'm glad that I didn't look closely at the message boards for acne.org until I had been using BP for over a month. If I was thinking about my regimen all the time, I would have inevitably screwed something up and not realized when I actually was making progress by fixating on short-term spots. You need to see the bigger picture, and right now you can't do that. I recommend that you take a break from the message boards, do the regimen as Dan instructs, and above all, stop thinking about your skin.