Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
visenya

Tanning salon worthwhile? Alternatives?

I'm going to be seeing some friends this summer (and hopefully hooking up with a really gorgeous girl that has a thing for me :P ) and I'd really like to look good so I can maybe avoid being horribly self-conscious for once.

Over the past few months I've been following the regimen and my acne is more or less gone, save for the random individual pimple. However, my cheeks and temples have some mild-heavy red marks left that are (slowly) fading.

Would going to a tanning salon be a reasonable thing to do to cover them up? I'm aware of the skin cancer risks and such, but it's not something I plan to do a lot -- Only for a few weeks, possibly a couple months, until the red marks are less noticeable.

I am a guy, so going to a tanning salon isn't something I'm really eager to do. And make-up isn't exactly an option either. But I have pale skin so the marks are very noticeable and ugly.

Are there any other alternatives that might be able to help me within a 3-4 week timeframe? Currently the only thing I do for the red marks is use aloe vera once a day and occassionally an aspirin mask. I just really want to look my best.

I have alot of red marks left ovaa too and I go tanning I duno if it really helps hide them but I always feel that I look better tan!

The color would help camouflage the marks a bit, probably ... but unfortunately the UV rays are likely to actually make the marks worse.

Why don't you try a self-tanner on your face? Make sure you get one that is specifically formulated to use on the face ... I like the L'Oreal towelettes and I think you can get 'em at drugstore.com

Thank you! That's a betteridea than tanning. Tanning thickens the epidermis, which contributes to acne. It is only a temporary fix.;)