Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tonbon

I hate when my parents talk to me about my skin

I fucking know im breaking out, telling me is gonna make it worse...i want clear skin!

Guest Spike Rules89

It is good to have communication with your parents though. They are the ones who can get you treatment.

Yeah i know what you mean. Whenever i go home to visit my parents the first thing they do is comment on my skin. But hey, they only do it cause they care.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

My dad is stupid. He complains that I use too much chemicals on my face but when I stop using them I breakout and he tells me that I should be using something!

Most people who haven't been to place like this and read up a thing or two about these things don't know shit about stuff. My mum used to go on about these miracle solutions out of her magazines...all a crock of shit and going tane showed her.

if they never had acne then they don't really understand wt we are going through so its annoys me when they

tell me wt to do and not to do

I have some anger at my parents for not helping me more with my acne. I had to do all sorts of research on my own to find out why I have it. If my mom loved me when I was a young girl with acne, she would have gotten her azz to our local library and read up a little. All she would do was look at me with these sad eyes and tell me about her coworker's daughter who was so pretty and had all the guys hitting on her. Thanks for nothin' mom.

Guest ilovepancakes

I am very glad I found Dans regimine, because almost no one seems to know shit about acne: Parents, School nurses who talked about it, friends.

haha i agree, parents(and other folks) can be so stupid.. when youre breaking out you know that, you dont need other people to tell you that you are breaking out. The best reply, Thanks for pointing out something i couldnt notice on my own

I feel ya, that totally takes a toll on you hearing that every single day. especially from your parents, sheeesh. hang in there :)

My parents have adopted the whole "what's the big deal?" way of thinking in response to my sudden acne. Which is *extremely* aggravating, upsetting, and depressing. They say I'm "overreacting" and that their acne was much worse at my age. Yet now they have perfectly clear skin and steadfastly refuse to let me see a derm regularly. I believe that if we try harder, I can overcome this. I've barely scratched the surface in terms of acne medications, because all I've been able to buy are five dollar OTC products that do absolutely nothing. But since my parents refuse to acknowledge how much this is affecting me, then all I can do is lock myself in my room and irritate my skin more with harsh products that do crap.

stop being a baby

I don't see how he's being a baby when babies don't have acne.

My mom said to me a few weeks ago: "acne will be cured when you get married, and have sex on a regular basis"

and I said: "mom, I can't believe this is coming out of your mouth. You're an educated woman, and I can't believe the stupidity of what you just said"

and she said: "my friends all had acne, and they got cured when they got married"

and I said: "your friends are women, have you ever mentioned this to an educated man, to see what he thinks about this?"

she said: "no"

and I said: "pardon me, but have you heard of masturbating? Doesn't that relieve sexual stress, just like sex does?"

she said: "oh... "

and I said: "pardon me, but have you heard of masturbating? Doesn't that relieve sexual stress, just like sex does?"

lol!!! that is one of the weirdest cures ive ever heard. good call !!

My mom said to me a few weeks ago: "acne will be cured when you get married, and have sex on a regular basis"

and I said: "mom, I can't believe this is coming out of your mouth. You're an educated woman, and I can't believe the stupidity of what you just said"

and she said: "my friends all had acne, and they got cured when they got married"

and I said: "your friends are women, have you ever mentioned this to an educated man, to see what he thinks about this?"

she said: "no"

wow i cant believe u had that convo with ur mom. that would scar me for life if i did.

stop being a baby

I don't see how he's being a baby when babies don't have acne.

Ok, I'll redo it: Stop acting like a baby.

But he's not acting like a baby if he can walk on two legs and say more than three words. Fuckin' kids don't understand metaphor and simile apparently.

But he's not acting like a baby if he can walk on two legs and say more than three words. Fuckin' kids don't understand metaphor and simile apparently.

I never said he was completely acting like a baby, did I?

I fucking know im breaking out, telling me is gonna make it worse...i want clear skin!

I would suggest that you tell your parents that it bothers you that they mention it so much. Ask them to help you find something to help it. Then you will have to be open to what they say. It is all trial and error for most of us. Let them know what you have tried and ask for their advise. That way they know that it is something that they could help you with. If you shut them out, they will likely continue to mention it.

thats funny my acne STARTED when i started having sex on a regular basis!! :(

had had a long drought of sex b4 then (nearly 2 years) laregly due to my weed habit, and the anti-biotics for moderate bacne when i was 16/17 had worked fine up till then. but then got my gf and after 2 months of LOTS of sex (like 3-5 times a day everyday, we are at uni ;p) and my acne started coming.. and came back SO much worse. fucked with my hormones i guess.either that or big ass coincidence.

i thought about it today tho and, i really would rather have this acne and be with my girlfriend, than not have acne and not have her like before. it fucking sucks yes.. but i am happier with her and acne, than without either.

I have some anger at my parents for not helping me more with my acne. I had to do all sorts of research on my own to find out why I have it. If my mom loved me when I was a young girl with acne, she would have gotten her azz to our local library and read up a little. All she would do was look at me with these sad eyes and tell me about her coworker's daughter who was so pretty and had all the guys hitting on her. Thanks for nothin' mom.

Wow, talk about insensitive! :comfort: It sucks that your parents weren't more understanding... My parents see acne as a really trivial thing. My mom thinks I'm being superficial to be concerned with it, and my dad just waves it away as something "you'll grow out of". I also hate it when parents compare... my mom always used to say, "Why can't you be more like so-and-so?"... Hurt my feelings :(.

lol my parents NEVER say anything about it to me, I'M the one that's always complaining to them.

Mine either :D. I bring it up, but then my dad either tells me I'll grow out of it or that eating more veggies is the cure :rolleyes:. My mom just tells me I'm being superficial :doubt:.

The one thing my parents always bring to my attention is my weight! I weigh something like 109 lbs and I *know* I'm thin, but my dad always criticizes my weight, "You could stand to lose a few more pounds" or "Are you sure you really want to eat that?" or "I hope that's diet/ fat free", etc. I'm amazed I don't have an eating disorder...

Ok splinter, have you finished making us all jealous of your sex life?

LOL, yeah splinter geez! :rolleyes::lol: I'm having a bit of a dry spell, don't rub it in :(;)