Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Anyone here not mind their scars???

Im 1 month away from tane nad i have some pretty bad scarring on my cheecks. There is still alot of redness in the way so I cant completely see the scars. But as tiem goes on, the redness fades, and behold, scarring.

I really dont care about it. If anything, it takes away my baby face.

As well, my derm said that when im done tane, my scars with being to look better. If they dont I dont care. But am I the only one?

i have scars but it does not bother me... im just happy when i have clear skin, i'll take scars over active acne.

Mine don't bother me that much anymore. I even started a topic about this, like a month ago. I guess I moved on and adapted. I can't be bothered wasting my life worrying about my scars. I have better things to do and worse things to worry about. I spent three years on this board, obsessing about them, but unable to do anything about them because I still had acne. Now that I am acne-free, I don't really care about them that much - I got it all out of my system while waiting to be able to do something about them, but now that I can, I really don't care that much. Ironic, isn't it?

In addition, after JUST reading this board for three years I came to realize nothing really works anyway. In a way, it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn't act on any procedures, because like all newbies, I truly believed my scars would go away with: dermabrasion, Smoothbeam, and any other fad treatment that usually ends up doing more harm than good - or is simply just swelling.

As a result, I'd like to tell all the people reading this to JUST read and research for three years, but I KNOW nobody will listen, so...

Now, I simply want to do what anyone else my age does (I'm in my mid-thirties), and that is this: improve my tone, wrinkles (and scars) with the least invasive methods possible. Most people my age get peels or microdermabrasion for age-associated changes. They also get fillers and such. That is what I plan to do. No less, no more. Except for my bumps, that may need to be lasered off, but that is not scarring and is neccessary, since they can turn into cancer.

Anyhow, good luck to all.

You are correct when you say nothing works on scars. I also have done every treatment under the sun for perhaps 15% improvement. And my scarring is moderate to begin with. It's all bunk. Pure BS.

But, I'm trying needling now anyway. We'll see. James

You are correct when you say nothing works on scars. I also have done every treatment under the sun for perhaps 15% improvement. And my scarring is moderate to begin with. It's all bunk. Pure BS.

But, I'm trying needling now anyway. We'll see. James

Did you try TCA cross also? How about fraxel, saline injections? What do you think of isologen?