Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessi_Ann06

SCABBING AND SCARRING ON ACCUTANE

So, when my skin started getting dry it started flaking a little so i thought it would be harmless to pick off the flakes since they would most likely fall off anyways, well now i have scabs over some of the spots and others just wont heal and look really sore. I have no clue what to do with my skin...i've been on accutane for like 3 weeks now and i dont really have any new pimples, but i have a lot of underlying whiteheads...soo i'm really scared about what i put on my face. I used this really rich pure Vitamin E cream, but I'm scared that that's what's causing the whiteheads to show up. I really just dont know what to do. I want it to heal, but not at the risk of making the rest of my face breakout. Any suggestions on how to heal the red marks without making my skin breakout?????? :wall:

I think that the only stuff you put on your face while on accutane would be to use a gentle facial cleanser and to put on a moisturizer that won't cause acne. I don't think you should use a vitamin cream. It's difficult to heal red marks while on accutane but a few months after you're finished you could use an aha moisturizer or a retinoid which might help.

thanks for the tips...i just knew that a lot of people took Vitamin E while on it, so thought, hey, why not just rub it in? Yeah, so I'll stop using that then. thanks again!

Hey,

I have been on accutane for 5 weeks and have experienced exactly the same thing. I went out and bought vitamin E serum as well. I am in exactly the same dilemma, i'm not sure whether to put it on the scabs or red marks incase it causes more pimples. I have bought some aloe vera gel so i am going to try that, but I think the best thing is just to leave it until you stop breaking out and then work on the red marks. There's a great scarless healer called Rosa scarless healer. My mum's friend was in a car accident and had terrible scars on her face and she said this stuff worked amazingly. Keep posting about your experience on accutane cause it sounds like our going through the same thing as me and i would be very interested to here your progress.