Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
triptophan

Can't get Accutane for 1 month because of iPledge, Am I Screwed?

Hey all,

So I missed my "7-day" window (which I didn't even know existed!) to fill my prescription because I was away from town and actually had enough Accutane anyway, and now I can't get it for another month! I called iPledge a bunch of times, and there is nothing they can do. There is no override at all since it's an FDA mandate, it's ABSURD. I really can't believe it. I'm so upset. Does anyone out there know what happens if you miss a month of treatment? Do you guys think I will have to start over? Please help with any advice you have! I'm really really really worried about this! I HATE IPLEDGE.

~Josh

Hey all,

So I missed my "7-day" window (which I didn't even know existed!) to fill my prescription because I was away from town and actually had enough Accutane anyway, and now I can't get it for another month! I called iPledge a bunch of times, and there is nothing they can do. There is no override at all since it's an FDA mandate, it's ABSURD. I really can't believe it. I'm so upset. Does anyone out there know what happens if you miss a month of treatment? Do you guys think I will have to start over? Please help with any advice you have! I'm really really really worried about this! I HATE IPLEDGE.

~Josh

Can you not try and order it on-line somewhere else. Not sure how it works for you guys (if you are in the US). I personally would not want to stop mid way through a course. What if you have to start it again?

Hey all,

~Josh

Can you not try and order it on-line somewhere else. Not sure how it works for you guys (if you are in the US). I personally would not want to stop mid way through a course. What if you have to start it again?

I mean, yeah, I guess I could, but it's so costly, not to mention dangerous.

Hey all,

~Josh

I mean, yeah, I guess I could, but it's so costly, not to mention dangerous.

I guess perhaps it is dangerous. There much be someone out there though who knows a good place to order it on line + you know ur dosage right?

GO SHOOT IPLEDGE!!!!

Unfortunately Ipledge is gay! You cannot get another accutane prescription if you have passed the 7 day window. I have called ipledge and talked to the ipledge rep about the 7 day window.

=(

ask you derm, may be he has some? I doubt it though.

Ok.. Go to another chemist. Look busy, and rush them. Make sure you do it with someone really young, that looks new. And don't wait in line, do it when they're not busy. Say, hey I have a really important meeting/sporting event/appointment in a few minutes, can you please do this fast, I'm in a hurry! Whatever to get them to hurry up. Maybe they might forget to check it's listing on ipledge. Then when you get the drug, scram! :dance:

If it's computerised, well there's nothing you can do sorry.

In the mean time, start using any retinoid you have. Adapalene, tazarotine, tretinoin, whatever.

It'll keep your dermal retinoid levels in shape, so when you get back on roaccutane it won't be like starting over.

P.S. Don't use antibiotics while on roaccutane or months after it!!! Whatever you do, don't!

That includes minocycline and doxycycline.

Talk to ur derm and if that fails. Well when i was on it i lowered my dose for a month so it would last... I probably had more tablets then you have left tho. Because I couldn't see the derm for another month but I had quite a bit left.

Hey all,

~Josh

email me [email protected] and I'll tell you how to get it.