Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJRed4

Head n Shoulders

Can Head n Shoulders dandruff shampoo really cleanse the face and clear up my skin? Thats what I hear, has anyone tried, Im assuming this probabaly wouldnt help with redmarks though right?

thanks guys

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Can Head n Shoulders dandruff shampoo really cleanse the face and clear up my skin? Thats what I hear, has anyone tried, Im assuming this probabaly wouldnt help with redmarks though right?

thanks guys

I'm not sure, but i've heard that there is a key ingredient in anti-dandruff shampoos that can help manage folliculitis. It would be a matter of diagnosing whether you have acne or folliculitis, otherwise you'll be treating the wrong thing.

And to add to that, there are probably more specific ways of treating folliculitis besides using an anti-dandruff shampoo.

Treating with cleansers isn't really a complete regimen. In fact, i personally believe that cleansers should simply be used to remove surface dirt, not to completely treat acne. Occasional use of things such as SA or GA is good though, they help exfoliate and unclog pores.

i remember seeing a big post on this board, about how this in fact does work...but i've never tried it, it sounds a bit far fetched to me.

ive had pretty bad acne for a few years and really oiuly skin-today makes a week washing my face twice a day with head and shoulders-nothing else and im only a little oily at the end of the day and my redness and marks are faded and my skin hasnt had any new active zits since about three days into it.

Hi, I'm new here.

I used to have oily skin and among other things I tried Head'n'Shoulders for my whiteheads. To tell you the truth, it made my skin worse, very red and sore. It probably helps some, but be careful with it.

Tea tree oil and Nivea's AHA cleanser have cleared my skin completelly and are making my red marks much much better as well.

Good luck!

Hi, I'm new here.

I used to have oily skin and among other things I tried Head'n'Shoulders for my whiteheads. To tell you the truth, it made my skin worse, very red and sore. It probably helps some, but be careful with it.

Tea tree oil and Nivea's AHA cleanser have cleared my skin completelly and are making my red marks much much better as well.

Good luck!

Sweet, thanks man. My redmarks WONT fade or go away, and I have 2-3 active pimples. I think Im gonna try Tea tree oil and Nivea's AHA cleanser, but where exactly can I buy them? How long did it take for those products to clear your face? Ive had my redmarks for over 8 months. Do you think thoise 2 products will help get rid of them?

Thanks alot.