Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I heard that BP causes red marks to last a lot longer due to the increase in melanin. In the long-term it also causes the skin to always be oilier and shinny. I don't have anymore visible acne just red marks. Would my red mark go away significantly if I stop using BP? What about my oil and shine? I've been using BP for over 10 years now. I dont know what it's like without BP. I remember the days when I was young and my skin use to be flawless and smooth like a baby's bottom. I would even get compliments from girls. Very seldom a small pimple would pop up but would go just as fast. Now, a pimple becomes a battle scar, contributing to the over zealous collection to ruin my life. There were days when encountering a stranger i noticed I would unintentionally get real close to show them I am a friendly person and I feel they are the same. A simple conversation would turn into stories and ideas over a cup of coffee, eventually a forming a new found friendship, which last over a lifetime to share memories and help each other out in need. Now I stay as away as far as possible aside from a handshake, hoping they would not notice my imperfections but each time i do so I feel like building an imaginery wall and exchanging nothing more than a surface conversation, bouncing off my walls. Oh how I miss those good days.

Yeh man, I feel your pain. My redmarks are terrible, I hate being close to people, but whatever. Yeh I stopped using BP, cause it supposedly prevents redmarks from fading. My marks have imporved a little, but they are still not the best.

At first, it often irritates. After that BP seems to stimulate the natural 'fire-extinguisher' effect in our skin. So it kind of bleatches it, in a good way. it'll remove a bit of pigment. no, not neirly enough to turn a black dude white; michael jackson style :dance: , but enough to remove a little red from acne. it'll also be a good anti-inflamitory for it. use it in small amounts, then slowly move up, and eventually after about 2 weeks, smother it on.