Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Everything SUCKS

A teacher said to me once: "whenever you improve something, you're always doing it at the expense of something else."

Diet cures acne, but I walk around tired all day, because I need high amounts of sugar for my body to function properly.

Jojoba oil makes my skin look and feel great, but it makes it break out.

Moisturizer makes my skin feel great, but it makes me really oily, to the point where I have to wipe my face with a napkin every few hours.

Aloe jel is great for putting on top of BP, but it makes my skin dry as hell.

there's ALWAYS some side effect I have to put up with, and it's making me crazy!!

:wall: yo, chill out. You have a lot of repressed anger. lol

First of all, don't listen to teachers. Those who can't do, teach. That says alot for their knowledge.

Now, maybe the reason why all these things have side effects is because the things your are using/doing are not good for you. Not eating sugar is not a good idea. You admitted that diet cures acne, but you are going about it all wrong. I eat tons of sugar all day and my skin has never been better and I have tried EVERYTHING! www.freeacnebook.com . The only side effect of this diet is that you will drive your family crazy if you live at home and you may spend more money on food and you have to eat raw egg yolks, but seriously I thought it was going to be gross, but you mix it into fruit juice and it actually makes it taste better. This is also very safe and nutritious. Let me know how you do.

Maybe the cooked proteins cause acne for some people, but definitely not for me. For me it's sugar/carbs.

First of all, don't listen to teachers. Those who can't do, teach. That says alot for their knowledge.

hey, im the same. A lowish carb ( low GL ) diet help my skin a massive amount. But its so boring. I feel a lack of energy sometimes too. I eat 5 big meals a day and snack on fruit. There's not much variety and watching everyone else eat yummy food around you sucks !! spending ages every day peeling chopping and steaming veg, defrosting and cooking meat. wish i could chuck some packet noodles on and chow down 5 minutes later :D

but i try and tell my self it's so much the better option than having cystic acne..... to keep me sane :dance:

sugar and salt doesnt help your skin at all. I saw a dietitian and she told me to eat as little salt as possible and cut down on processed sugars and have natural sugars like there are in fruit. my skin went completely clear doing this when i was 18 after my acne originally came back after finishing on accutane. did the diet till i was like 19 and my skin was great so i fell back into the old routine of eating crap which made it worse (although nowhere near as bad as when i was bit younger). I put up with up for a year and continued eating rubbish food because like i say i got a few spots but nothing major but recently i decided i want perfect skin so started on the diet again 3 weeks ago and guess what?.....all clear again.

if you are considering cutting down on salt and sugar you should see a doctor first to make sure you dont have low blood pressure becuase if you do you may need a higher amount of salt in your diet.

sugar and salt doesnt help your skin at all. I saw a dietitian and she told me to eat as little salt as possible and cut down on processed sugars and have natural sugars like there are in fruit. my skin went completely clear doing this when i was 18 after my acne originally came back after finishing on accutane. did the diet till i was like 19 and my skin was great so i fell back into the old routine of eating crap which made it worse (although nowhere near as bad as when i was bit younger). I put up with up for a year and continued eating rubbish food because like i say i got a few spots but nothing major but recently i decided i want perfect skin so started on the diet again 3 weeks ago and guess what?.....all clear again.

if you are considering cutting down on salt and sugar you should see a doctor first to make sure you dont have low blood pressure becuase if you do you may need a higher amount of salt in your diet.

Dieticians are not to be depended on. At my top university, the nutrition professor and her TA were both like 70 lbs overweight. What does that tell you?

Sugar causes acne in many people. They aren't all imagining massive improvements. LOL.

Dieticians are not to be depended on. At my top university, the nutrition professor and her TA were both like 70 lbs overweight. What does that tell you?

what? their weight is a result of their lifestyle and their emotional/mental state. it doesn't change the validity of their knowledge.

teplo: that sucks about you being tired all the time. maybe after a longer period on this diet, you'll feel better. this could just be an adjustment period.

I've been on this diet for a while now, but in the past few days I said "screw it" and started eating like 10 candy bars every day. Broke out INSTANTLY. So I'll stick to the good old low-sugar diet from now on.