Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floss

Needling scarred pores

Has anyone tried needling scarred pores, and what was the effect?

thanks

I haven't tried TCA cross as yet cos i heard it's a gamble and can either make things better or make them worse! How many times have you done it, did it make any of them worse for you?

I seem to recall you had some needling done, did you try any on your scarred pores?

Denise,

How were you able to get a toothpick into scarred pores? The ones I have are too small to get a toothpick into even if it were shaved down. Did you get TCA outside of the scarred pores? If so, did it heal without damaging the outside good skin?

Lastly, what percentage of TCA did you use and where did you buy it? Thanks.

TCA cross has been very good for me. I do it myself. I use 50%. I have gone beyond the borders of the scar but that doesn't seem to matter *IF* the sharpest part of the toothpick goes directly into the scarred pore. I have done it probably 5-6 times and I still plan on doing it probably once more.

trying.....it sounds like you have *maybe* ENLARGED PORES, not SCARRED pores. A shaved toothpick should easily fit into scarred pores to be honest.

floss....I have done needling and cross to scarred pores BUT needling extremely sharp-edged scars (yourself) probably would take a lot longer than tca cross would in terms of results. I have had needling done with a tattoo gun ONLY. I've never self-needled, but I probably will soon once I get some lancets from the drugstore. My needling partner Lilian has left the US so she isn't an option anymore.

If anyone has anymore questions, please do a search on my name and whatever topic you want to read (tca cross in this case). I've covered my experiences many times already on the board here.

Did it take 5-6 goes on each pore, or were you doing different scars each time? How long does it take to zap pores via TCA cross?

but what about tca versus needling for scarred pores? Anyone tried needling or both?