Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering if anyone has tried these new products from DS Laboratories: Trioxil, Hydroviton, Viterol A. It's a innovative company that uses the new nanotechnology to delivery key ingredients deep into the skin. A method they describe for one of their products Viteral A; it's like injecting retinol in the skin like botox but without the side effects.

After a Friday night surf of hopes to find the magical cure for my acne and rid my red marks, I came upon DS Laboratories through the womanht site. A very informative site but lacking on the user interface. To be honest I was actually looking for a natural product that contain a good mix of natural anti-biotics so I can replace the harmful and evil chemical Benzoyl Peroxide, which was included in my Exposed acne day serum. At the same time I was also hoping to find a toner to help restore PH balance to my skin.

From what I gather through DS Laboratories' website Trioxil claims to be better than benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid or any tretinoin (retin-a, differin) products without any undesirable or harmful side effects like a life time of oily/shinny skin, redness, dryness, peeling, sensitive to the sun etc... you get the idea. In addition, it acts as a toning and astringent agent. It also feeds and nourishes the skin to help in the process of cell regeneration. Could this be the all-in-one I'm looking for?

Hydroviton sounds pretty promising. It's a cleanser but at the same time it's not just a cleanser. It also heals, calms, sooves, exfoliate, restores, etc... Sounds like another magic in a bottle.

The third product Viteral A, sounds like a good product. But I’m hoping I don't have to resort to retinols. I'm only 25. But I'm very eager and anxious to get rid of my red marks. A few weeks back I purchased green cream LV6. I am too concern about the initial breakouts. I only used it twice to spot treat then I stopped because I got a zit and it didn't look too appealing among my other red marks, although it was not a result of the Green Cream. I only used the Green Cream in certain spots. It was the result of my desire for perfection. You see, before it became a zit it was pretty much a dried up white head under my skin. It can hardly be seen nor protrudes. But every time I wash my face I can feel the solid little booger under my skin, aching and asking to be squeezed. I figured since I haven't broken out in a month, this would be out before I even know it. A little Neosporin and hydrogen peroxide should take care of it. Well I was wrong. I think his friend did not want to let him go with out a fight. By the next morning it was red. Two days later after hydrogen peroxide, ACV, Neosporin, extra BP and salicylic acid it came full force. It was the size of pea with a 1/3 of it protruding with all his might for the avenge of his best friend. He sure put up a good fight too. It took a long hideous week before it was ripped. Luckily, the previous white head left a minuscule opening. I held on as long as I can. But it pretty much leaked on its own. Right then I knew it was time to squeeze the living scum out of it. Since then, it's been a week and I can still feel the semi protrude impression under the skin made from the strength of a vengeance. From the first engagement it reminded me of the emotional despair of endless depression that can be caused by acne. So I'm hoping by removing BP and adding Trioxil and Hydroviton to my regime, it will be sufficient for me. If these products are as effective as it claims and by removing BP out of my regimen is not enough then I might put Viterol A on the fence.

I'm going to buy Trioxil and Hydroviton on Monday through Dermstore.com. They have free shipping on weekdays if purchased before a certain time. Hope to hear some inputs. I will post some feedback on the results in a few weeks.

Thanks

Hey, Smiles ... do you have lists of ingredients for these products? I'm not getting a great sense of what they actually are.

Hey LionQueen,

It has a lot of natural healing and preventing products. The fact that its also uses nanotechnology catches my attention and a buzz on technological forefront. Here's what I gathered.

TRIOXIL: 14% bisazulene gel? It's an antibacterial and antimicrobial extract derived from Chamomile flowers. It's suppose to be soothing too. It also contains Ginseng and Hamamelis: toning and astringent action that strengthens the tissues and regulates the secretion of oils. It also has wheat-germ and Barley-germ Liposomes (nano particles vehicles): nourishes and feeds the skin helping in the process of cell regeneration. Plus, yeast and horse chestnut, D-Panthenol, Alpha Bisabolol, Tea Tree Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Polysorbate 80, Triethananolamine, Carbomer, and Methyl Paraben

What is horse chestnut skin cream or gel? (Back to top)

HORSE CHESTNUT, also called Aesculus hippocastanum, is a herbal remedy that is being promoted to cosmetically improve the appearance of varicose veins. It is also promoted for relief of swelling or inflammation of joints, tendons, or muscles. At this time, there is no FDA approved use of this herb. Topical creams or gels containing horse chestnut in combination with other herbs (Cellu-Varâ„¢) or medicines (Reparil? Gel) are available. Due to the excellent venous tonic effect of horse chestnut when applied topically on the skin, it helps to prevent vein and capillary fragility.

It also balances the circulation in the skin, thereby promoting not only a clear skin, but an even complexion and good skin tone, and is used in good quality cosmetics, hand creams, lotions, as well as slimming and cellulite products.

Due to the saponins contained it has a potent anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.

HYDROVITON: Water, Nanosomes of Centella Asiatica, Caffeine, Ivy and Marine Algae, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methyl Paraben and Fragrance.

Centella Asiatica: Known for its remarkable wound healing properties, centella has been found to induce levels of antioxidants in wounds and newly-formed tissue, including superoxide dismutase, glutathione peroxidase, vitamin E, and vitamin C. Centella improves collagen formation and angiogenesis [shukla et al. 1999]. A review article of centella noted the most beneficial effects to date involved the stimulation and mutation of scar tissue by production of Type I collagen and an inhibition of the inflammatory reaction. This article reviewed seven other articles about centella, stating "Centella asiatica has been documented to aid wound healing in a large number of scientific reports" [shukla 1999b; Widgerow et al. 2000].

Marine Algae

Pure marine algae is rich in minerals, vitamins and micro-nutrients. The use of algae, which includes amino acids and vitamins, has been associated with many benefits including skin renourishment. Marine algae energizes skin cells – increasing blood flow at the skins surface, opening pores and drawing out toxins.

I guess putting caffeinne on skin can lower the risk of skin cancer. It must mean it's doing some good for the skin besides lower the risk for skin cancer?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2002-0...-caffiene_x.htm

Propylene Gylcol: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has determined propylene glycol to be "generally recognized as safe" for use in food, cosmetics, and medicines. Like ethylene glycol, propylene glycol affects the body's chemistry by increasing the amount of acid. Propylene glycol is metabolized into lactic acid, which occurs naturally as muscles are exercised, while ethylene glycol is metabolized into oxalic acid, which is toxic.

Polysorbate 80 is a nonionic surfactant and emulsifier derived from sorbitol which comes from fruit and berries. Polysorbate 80 is a highly viscose water-soluble yellowish liquid used as a dispersing agent -mixes oil and water, stabilizer and lubricates

I didn't do a search on all the ingredients but so far so good. I guess I should have site the all sources oops. Oh well.

Thanks, Smiles ... I've got a little research to do. :)

Let me know if DebbieNIR ever responds to your SkinCare Board post!

Hey Lion, Yeah she was really quick on the response. She said it's not a retinol produt. One of the main ingredient is vitamin A but I think she's right. Oh and here's the ingredients for Viterol A.

Viterol A: Viatrozengel 16%, Water, almond oil, liposome of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, D-Panthenol, gingko biloba, chestnut and witch hazel, propylene glycol, polysorbate 80, triethanolamine, carbomer, fragrance and methyl paraben.

Oh and I ordered the troxil and hydroviton product this morning through USPS priority. I hope to get it in a few days.

thanks for this informative post. i'm always trying to figure out what will clean up my complexion. i'd pay out the butt to have the complexion i had at 18.