Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know there is a lot of 'scarred pore' threads floating around, but after hunting through and reading so many im still clueless :confused:

im half way through an isolagen and subcision treatment and if all works out well the next step ( :pray: ) i hope to work on my skin texture, which is pretty grainly looking with scarred pores.

Well, my biggest fear of course is doing anything that will affect any of the good results i hope to reap from this treatment.

I bought 30% buffered glycolic acid, but after reading some posts saying it made pores bigger im worried to use it.

Others talk of the use of Tazorac, Retin A, Differin, tca cross, various peels, fraxel...and the list goes on, with mixed reviews and suggestions.

I realise everyones skin reacts differently..but does anyone have any treatment that (with as little risk as possible) helped with the general condition of their skin? I would like to address my obvious pores (my skin in areas looks like an orange peel, esp when oily) and if possible generally smoother, 'cleaner' look to my skin.

I will probably still have some scarring after my isolagen and sub, so would help if the rest of my complection could have a less grainy, healthier look to it.

Anyone with suggestions & experience in dealing with this?

Many thanks.

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you with on progress so far. You're skin looks very nice!

And you're right about the glycolic peel, they're crap!

Retinoids make the epidermis thinner, thus your scars will be less noticable! My main problem are clogged pores and scarred pores and retinoids have had a positive effect on both of them ( but only while you're using it). However I've noticed that your idea about scarred pores (Boxscars) is different then mine (icepicks).

There are some informative topics about TCA cross, which helps deeper scars but has to be done very carefully or it could make your scars worse!

I hope I helped you a little!

First, thanks for sharing excellent comparison photos.

Congrats on the great improvement. I have no answer for pores, but if you don't mind me sugggesting it, I think you might get a good result form a punch float of the scar on your right cheek. Not many docs do the procedure. And, I had mixed results; some came out great others not so good. In any event, it looks like the type of scar that could benefit form this.

Good luck

Thank you for your replies.

Thanks Moonface, I have considered tca cross so may get my derm to do a test area on my cheeks next time (im a little scared to try myself atm) I will also need to double check with my derm what he called my scarred pores again, for i am wondering if they are actually something else and not boxscars. sooo confused lol!

Thank you billyboy for your suggestion. I think you mean the reddish one. It was real weird, for that was a terrible looking almost blood blister that came up only a few months ago. The skin got so thin around it that whilst washing my face it (er sorry) burst. There was a lot of blood :S I believe i had an allergic reaction to some new skin cream. As it is a fresh scar I am hoping the isolagen will sort it out, if not then after a month or so healing i will review how it looks and maybe take up ur suggestion. Its just its red, not indentated, so maybe (hopefully) wont need to do anything too drastic. Im glad you have had good results with yours!

Many thanks yet again, and if any other suggestions please let me know.

Ill update my site again later today (cheeks still HUGEEEEEEE from the subcision eiyaaz!)

Thank you for your replies.

Thanks Moonface, I have considered tca cross so may get my derm to do a test area on my cheeks next time (im a little scared to try myself atm) I will also need to double check with my derm what he called my scarred pores again, for i am wondering if they are actually something else and not boxscars. sooo confused lol!

Thank you billyboy for your suggestion. I think you mean the reddish one. It was real weird, for that was a terrible looking almost blood blister that came up only a few months ago. The skin got so thin around it that whilst washing my face it (er sorry) burst. There was a lot of blood :S I believe i had an allergic reaction to some new skin cream. As it is a fresh scar I am hoping the isolagen will sort it out, if not then after a month or so healing i will review how it looks and maybe take up ur suggestion. Its just its red, not indentated, so maybe (hopefully) wont need to do anything too drastic. Im glad you have had good results with yours!

Many thanks yet again, and if any other suggestions please let me know.

Ill update my site again later today (cheeks still HUGEEEEEEE from the subcision eiyaaz!)

Hi Zombie, I was looking at your pictures again and some of your scarring looks similar to mine, especially the little dots, scarred pores, whatever they are. I wonder if you started noticing these after doing any other treatments or how old you are. Sometimes I wonder if I got those large looking pores on my temples due to at home peels I did years ago. I never had breakouts there but I do have oily skin. I am also 31 so maybe it is part of aging but I do try to protect myself from the sun.

Anyway i can definately see some improvement in your after pictures even on those little scarred pores. Did he also put isologen there and subcised even those little pores or do you think it is swelling in the area from treating the surrounding rolling scars?

I think retin a with obagi nuderm is a pretty good treatment to refine your skin texture and it makes the scars look better. I think the pores look a little smaller also probably because the retin a keeps them cleaner. When you first start out you look horrible though with red flaky skin. There are many people on this site http://www.spectacularskin.com/forum/forum.php that are experienced obagi nuderm retin a users.

tnx jasmin, btw we are similar age.

I not sure if my pores are worse from when i tried c02 but i think so. Thats y im concerned about using anything too evasive.

I gave myself a mild glycolic peel (30% on just my nose, a small area on cheeks near my nose and forehead) just to see if it will reap any results. My only concern is them getting larger.

No isolagen was put on those areas.

My derm was going to do a tca cross test patch when he did my sub on friday, but both of us forgot. Maybe mild tca could work...?

Has anyone had BAD results from using glycolic peels ..or worse case being no results?

I think i may try asprin masks too, and maybe create an asprin toner.

Not sure if you can tolerate retinol. I'm using this right now. I can't tolerate retin a, but I've been able to handle green cream if I take a day off when my skin gets irritable.

Good luck!

http://www.greencream.com/expectations.htm

Helps shrink oil glands which in turn reduces pore size and diminishes scars.